(Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-02-2014, 10:58 AM
RE: (Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?
(20-02-2014 10:50 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  Hmmm. May be you are not intelligent enough or not informed enough to see it as an intelligent design?

No, I am, and it's not.

But you, Alla, are not intelligent or informed enough to see why it is not intelligently designed.
It may be the truth that I am not intelligent enough or informed enough to see why it is not intelligently designed.
But may be you can explain why it is not. Of course if you are capable to do this.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 11:02 AM by Alla.)
(20-02-2014 10:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:40 AM)Alla Wrote:  Hmmm. May be you are not intelligent enough or not informed enough to see it as an intelligent design?

Here I am reading an interesting, civil discussion and I'm enjoying it...then I come to this.

Facepalm

Maybe Alla, you're just too stupid to see the lack of intelligence in your intelligent design?

Now, shoo fly.

May be. It is a possibility.
So, why isn't it intelligent enough? do you know?
Now, shoo karakatitsa.

20-02-2014, 11:10 AM
(20-02-2014 10:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Those aren't rolly-pollies...those are "pill bugs" Tongue

But wait...They have gills?

Yes, because ROLLY POLLIES are crustaceans, related to lobsters and shrimp, not insects.

It's why they are found in moist damp places, such as moist soils pretected from drying out by plants, rocks, or logs covering preventing the soil from trying out.

They can't live in water, but their gills need to stay moist in damp environments so that they can funtions. If they dry out, they die.

20-02-2014, 11:12 AM
(20-02-2014 11:10 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Those aren't rolly-pollies...those are "pill bugs" Tongue

Yes, because ROLLY POLLIES are crustaceans, related to lobsters and shrimp.

It's why they are found in moist damp places, such as moist soils pretected from drying out by plants, rocks, or logs covering preventing the soil from trying out.

They can't live in water, but their gills need to stay moist in damp environments so that they can funtions. If they dry out, they die.
sounds intelligent enough to me.

20-02-2014, 11:16 AM
(20-02-2014 11:12 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:10 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Yes, because ROLLY POLLIES are crustaceans, related to lobsters and shrimp.

sounds intelligent enough to me.

Less intelligent than giving them spiracles so that they can breath air, allowing them to move about more freely without dying because a rock is overturned and their patch of soil is dried out within half an hour.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
20-02-2014, 11:19 AM
(20-02-2014 10:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Here I am reading an interesting, civil discussion and I'm enjoying it...then I come to this.

Facepalm

Maybe Alla, you're just too stupid to see the lack of intelligence in your intelligent design?

Now, shoo fly.

May be. It is a possibility.
So, why isn't it intelligent enough? do you know?
Now, shoo karakatitsa.

Wow you're really thick aren't you? What purpose do whales having lungs serve? If you're going to defend intelligent design, then please do so. If you can't then just admit it and just shoo fly.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-02-2014, 11:21 AM
(Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?
(20-02-2014 10:55 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 01:52 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  For that matter, why would "God" make land dwelling rolly pollies with gills?

Because names for them are regional, I'm including a picture so we are all on the same page as to what I'm referring to when I say "rolly pollies".
[Image: potato-bugs.jpg]

Those aren't rolly-pollies...those are "pill bugs" Tongue

[Image: unuru2u4.jpg]

Yep, just like their 500 million year-old ancestors.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
20-02-2014, 11:24 AM
(20-02-2014 11:10 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  

Yes, because ROLLY POLLIES are crustaceans, related to lobsters and shrimp, not insects.

I really had no idea PILL BUGS were related to other crustaceans. This is something I actually find rather fascinating. I'm going to have to googling for other insects that have gills as well now.

As a kid I remember finding them interesting to play with...LOL.

Heart

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-02-2014, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 11:43 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(20-02-2014 10:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:50 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  No, I am, and it's not.

But you, Alla, are not intelligent or informed enough to see why it is not intelligently designed.
It may be the truth that I am not intelligent enough or informed enough to see why it is not intelligently designed.
But may be you can explain why it is not. Of course if you are capable to do this.
Because they live solely in the water, but are dependent on rising to the surface to breath.

Supposedly “God” already “invented” a solution for this problem, called gills, freeing fish from this burden, but did not see fit to do the same with this particular group of animals for whom all evidence shows they came from common evolutionary ancestral forms on land, where at that time they needed lungs. Then they evolved to adapt to an aquatic life, where gills would seem better suited to their life style.

Their possessing makes perfect sense, only when understood through evolution. Remove evolution, and replace it with “Special Creation by ‘God’”, and giving the animal lungs, rather than gills, ceases to make sense.

Why create that creature without gills to breath in the water, is the question posed to you. If your only reply is, we (you Alla) are too unintelligent or ill-informed on the topic to understand why, then you have nothing to say here. So move on, unless you have something of actual relevance to add, other than to point out your own personal ignorance on the topic.

Your ignorance of science, is not proof for your belief. It’s only your proof of your ignorance.

[+] 5 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
20-02-2014, 11:39 AM
(20-02-2014 11:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I really had no idea PILL BUGS were related to other crustaceans. This is something I actually find rather fascinating. I'm going to have to googling for other insects that have gills as well now.

As a kid I remember finding them interesting to play with...LOL.

Heart

Just for clarity sake, they are not insects. They are still crustaceans.