(Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-02-2014, 12:35 PM
RE: (Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?
(20-02-2014 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 10:58 AM)Alla Wrote:  It may be the truth that I am not intelligent enough or informed enough to see why it is not intelligently designed.
But may be you can explain why it is not. Of course if you are capable to do this.

You really need to read a book on evolution. Try Why Evolution is True by Jerry Coyne, Ph.D.
book of evolution doesn't have enough info to judge intelligent this or not.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2014, 12:38 PM
(20-02-2014 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Simple...then shut the fuck up.

Shoo fly!
looks like caracatitsa knows everything. At least I am honest that I don't know everything.
shoo, shoo

Yet you keep making stupid assertions about animals being "intelligently designed" without any factual basis.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2014, 12:44 PM
(20-02-2014 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  looks like caracatitsa knows everything. At least I am honest that I don't know everything.
shoo, shoo

Yet you keep making stupid assertions about animals being "intelligently designed" without any factual basis.
I don't make any assertions. I just don't believe we have enough info to make this kind of judgment.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
20-02-2014, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 12:54 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(20-02-2014 12:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  I don't know. That is why I do not say that this design is not intelligent or that it is intelligent.
When I have the answer I can tell if it is intelligent or not.

The interesting thing is, here is a subject for which you admit complete ignorance on, yet you insist on forming an opinion on, and commenting on it repeatedly.

Maybe, if you know nothing about a subject, you should hold your opinions on that topic to yourself, until you learn more. That would be where Chas' advice to read a book comes in.

Go away, do some genuine studying, then come back and discuss what you’ve learned with the grown ups, after you have. But today is not that day.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
20-02-2014, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 01:03 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-02-2014 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:32 PM)Alla Wrote:  looks like caracatitsa knows everything. At least I am honest that I don't know everything.
shoo, shoo

Save your fingers Chas. Alla won't listen to any type of reason.

I could have a more intelligent discussion with my neighbor's two year old than I could ever have with her.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

20-02-2014, 12:57 PM
(Q for Theist) Why didn't "God" give Cetaceans gills?
(20-02-2014 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  You really need to read a book on evolution. Try Why Evolution is True by Jerry Coyne, Ph.D.

Neither do you, judging by your posts.

(20-02-2014 12:31 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 11:16 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Less intelligent than giving them spiracles so that they can breath air, allowing them to move about more freely without dying because a rock is overturned and their patch of soil is dried out within half an hour.
I am happy that they can not move more freely. So intelligently designed.

"It makes me feel good, therefore it must be true."

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
20-02-2014, 12:59 PM
(20-02-2014 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Save your fingers Chas. Alla won't listen to any type of reason.

I could have more intelligent discussion with my neighbor's two year old than I could ever have with her.

I don't know if you've noticed me do this, but that is why I've repeatedly asked her in various threads how old she is. The exact reason why!

She's never even so much as aknowledged the question.

20-02-2014, 01:01 PM
(20-02-2014 12:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yet you keep making stupid assertions about animals being "intelligently designed" without any factual basis.
I don't make any assertions. I just don't believe we have enough info to make this kind of judgment.

The evidence for evolution is overwhelming. Evolution is a fact.

Your ignorance is overwhelming. That is a fact.

Read a book. Until then, you should just shut the fuck up.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2014, 01:05 PM
(20-02-2014 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  You really need to read a book on evolution. Try Why Evolution is True by Jerry Coyne, Ph.D.

How can you say that without having read the book?

You are incredibly stupid - your self-imposed ignorance is appalling.

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2014, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2014 04:11 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(20-02-2014 01:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2014 12:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  book of evolution doesn't have enough info to judge intelligent this or not.

How can you say that without having read the book?

You are incredibly stupid - your self-imposed ignorance is appalling.

Could you image going through college this way?

You claim that it's not possible to determine the length of a hypotenuse. So you take a trigonometry class for the sole reason of informing everyone that this can't be done.

The rest of the student's say they have already known how to solve this problem for years. You say, “I don’t believe you. Explain how you know this”.

Because of this, your trigonometry professor assigns work for that next day's class from your trigonometry book, on that very topic. The next day you admit to not doing the assignment, or even looking at the book.

When asked why you just say "Because this trigonometry book doesn’t have enough information to judge the length of a hypotenuse.”

That is exactly how ignorant that statement is.

[+] 2 users Like Raptor Jesus's post