Q on the Ultimate Vibrator and special relativity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2013, 01:34 AM
RE: Q on the Ultimate Vibrator and special relativity
http://www.watchcartoononline.com/justic...nt-paradox

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Force

There is more about the Speed Force in different Flash and Justice League episodes.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2013, 04:55 AM
(05-09-2013 02:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  ... as useful responses go, this may be of interest.

Ooh, they have a linux version now. Downloading!

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
10-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Thank you for the responses so far. I didn't want focus on the actual mechanics of the practicality of light speed travel. I just want to assume whatever technology or method that the 'twin paradox theory' utilizes is in play here too.

I may need more layman explanations. God help you if math is involved Dodgy
10-09-2013, 01:38 AM
If you go beyond the speed of light you can go back in time. If you go the speed of light time will appear to be unchanged. However, physics as we know it doesn't allow for either. No particle can go as fast as light that has mass, and even particles that have no mass has not been recorded to go faster than light. Last year a group of Italian scientists claimed to have recorded neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light, however only a couple of months after publishing the results it was discovered faulty equipment gave them false results. It is unlikely to be true that anything can truly travel as fast as light in any circumstance, but it has been proposed that under certain circumstances this is possible. One of these circumstances may have been shortly after the initial big bang, but that isn't proven either.

That's laymen terms with no math. If I have stated something incorrectly then someone please correct me. cjlr, I'm looking at you.

There is talk of it on last years annual Isaac Assomiv's Memrorial 'debate' on youtube, hosted by none other than Neil Degrasse Tyson.