@ Q

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: @ Q
(09-02-2015 11:50 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Can we sticky this? Way to go FC. Bowing

Edit: To Q, if you do happen to do this, I will happily embrace it as long as it is honest. I read scientific papers on a daily basis. My bar is high and I hold all papers to this standard.

Exactly. I love learning new things. I'll be the first in line when this new evidence is cited, presented and passes peer review.

According to Mr. 3rd Person "as has happened many times before" where scientists have changed the science to match scripture.

Come on Mr. Quixotic, cite just one of your examples to substantiate your assertion!

The silence is deafening. Crickets

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 12:35 PM
Got a bee in your bonnet today FC? Laugh out load
09-02-2015, 12:44 PM
(09-02-2015 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  Got a bee in your bonnet today FC? Laugh out load

More like a Q in the bonnet! I applaud this effort of pressing this person for evidence behind the insane assertions, but I am not sure it will produce anything solid. Either way, I do approve of letting the dogs out after a theist spins the same dishonest arguments around the forum for a long enough period of time. I would have more respect for the Quirky one if the response was "well it is all about faith", rather than desperately defending absurd and emotionally biased views.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
09-02-2015, 12:47 PM
I wonder if the "scientists" he alludes to, are those "experiments" done by college students????

As in - experimenting with drugs, sex and rock and roll.....

Hint -- if it isn't wearing a lab coat and carrying a clipboard, but wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt and carrying a bong, it's not a scientist.....

Hope that helps....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Let me make a prediction, he'll cite some lame-ass interpretation of how the bible says the god "spread out the heavens" (Job 9:8) Thus showing it revealed the big bang before scientists knew about it.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-02-2015, 02:29 PM
(09-02-2015 12:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  Got a bee in your bonnet today FC? Laugh out load

How could you tell? Am I that transparent Huh

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-02-2015, 02:05 PM
Q has been conspicuously absent from this thread so far. Consider

(bump)

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-02-2015, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 05:42 PM by TheInquisition.)
(09-02-2015 11:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid733139

(February 4th, 2015 11:15 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:
1) the adherent is misunderstanding the scripture 2) over time, as has happened many times before, eventually scientists will reach a new understanding and change the science to match the scriptures.

Cite one scientific paper that somewhere in it credits scripture as a source. You claim there are many, cite one you lying, ignorant, disingenuous, pompous, misguided, mendacious, duplicitous, 3rd person talking woo-peddler.

One.

One peer-reviewed paper crediting scripture as a source of new understanding.

I swear I will dog you all over this forum until you either provide one, in which case I will eat my words, or you retract your unsupported assertion.

He responded to this in this thread:

Afterlife page 4

(10-02-2015 09:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 10:57 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  @ Q

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid733139

Ah, I see the problem. You took "change the science to match the scriptures" as peer-review papers saying "Behold, the glorious Bible!" when what I clearly meant was "change the science which then matched the scriptures". My context, of course, being that the science was against the scriptures to begin--and many of the scientists knew it. Does that help?

How much bull can a bullshitter shit if a bullshitter could shit bull?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 4 users Like TheInquisition's post
10-02-2015, 02:20 PM
(10-02-2015 02:11 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  How much shit can a bullshitter shit until a bullshitter can shit bull?

Brilliant!
Yes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Clearly theists and atheists have different standards of evidence, because Q is just another, in a long, long line, of theists, that claim they have proof and evidence, yet fail to bring it to the table for consumption...only ever word salad. Well salad ain't filling me up.