QC got her wallet / bag stolen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 05:35 PM
QC got her wallet / bag stolen.
She was unloading her mountain bike from the car and accidentally left it unlocked. When she got back her bag with her wallet was gone. We immediately canceled all our credit cards and reported it. No harm so far.

Here's the kicker. I just got a knock on my door about 15 minutes ago. A man and his son said they found her bag and wallet down by the Mississippi River. All the credit cards were gone (obviously), but she got back her license, insurance cards, jeans, and expensive perfume.

I thanked them and told them how wonderful they were.

My worries are they got our check book and maybe her SS#. They also more than likely got our home address. We won't be leaving the house without one of us here for awhile... and if we do, I'll have to get the neighbors to keep an eye out.

Pretty frustrating experience... I despise theft... like almost more than anything.

I am keeping the 9mm chambered and ready at a moment's notice. I've got a 20 round clip filled with hollow points ready to make acquaintance with anyone who trespasses in my house.

Say whatever you want about that... but I don't play around when it comes to the safety of my wife and kids.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-12-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: QC got her wallet / bag stolen.
Oh geez, KC, I'm so sorry. If you haven't already, why don't you ask the police to do some extra presence around your home/neighborhood? Hope it all works out. I'm sure you guys are a bit shaken up over this. Hug

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
And the moral of the story is: Lock your car or else shit is gonna get stolen.

Oh, and sorry to hear that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Sorry you got robbed.

Now stop freaking out. I know it's hard to do when it's your family. I'm the same way. But take it from me, freaking out will only make your christmas stink.

The thief or thieves aren't likely to come to your house, and even if they were having the address of your house makes no difference because by the way you told the story it sounds as though she was already at home which means they already know where you live.

If they stole only the SS# and check book it's likely they may want to try their hand at identity theft. If you want to protect yourself and your family go talk to a lawyer about that asap.

Sounds like an opportune snatch and run. Might have even just been some asshole from the neighborhood who was walking by and couldn't help themselves. Not all criminals are hard ass mother fuckers with guns and a thug life style. Most criminals are your neighbors. The ones who usually get caught are the ones with the tattoos and guns. Hard to miss.

Just calm down, and hug you family. Have a family movie night and make some popcorn and have a snuggle.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
09-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Vosur, it was accidental; give 'em a break.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
09-12-2012, 06:00 PM
As long as the guns are locked, and absolutely somewhere your son can't get at it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-12-2012, 06:01 PM
(09-12-2012 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As long as the guns are locked, and absolutely somewhere your son can't get at it.
Absolutely.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-12-2012, 06:05 PM
It sounds opportunistic dude.... I doubt they will return, stay safe though.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm sorry to hear (read) that... try not to get too paranoid though, it can be worse to get to crazy about that than the theft itself.

Tell QC to get a long bubble bath, it surely will help her calm down Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-12-2012, 06:16 PM
(09-12-2012 05:52 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  Vosur, it was accidental; give 'em a break.
'Twas supposed to be a joke. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]