QC got her wallet / bag stolen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
RE: QC got her wallet / bag stolen.
Well KC, you have to remember, it's all in the plan.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 09:44 PM
(09-12-2012 08:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well KC, you have to remember, it's all in the plan.
I'm wondering if this feels like a Christian saying to an atheist, "You deserve to suffer because you don't have God in your life." or something, if an atheist were on a Christian board.

Just curious Smile
09-12-2012, 11:06 PM
(09-12-2012 08:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well KC, you have to remember, it's all in the plan.
[Image: WiT2a.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-12-2012, 11:10 PM
(09-12-2012 05:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  She was unloading her mountain bike from the car and accidentally left it unlocked. When she got back her bag with her wallet was gone. We immediately canceled all our credit cards and reported it. No harm so far.

Here's the kicker. I just got a knock on my door about 15 minutes ago. A man and his son said they found her bag and wallet down by the Mississippi River. All the credit cards were gone (obviously), but she got back her license, insurance cards, jeans, and expensive perfume.

I thanked them and told them how wonderful they were.

My worries are they got our check book and maybe her SS#. They also more than likely got our home address. We won't be leaving the house without one of us here for awhile... and if we do, I'll have to get the neighbors to keep an eye out.

Pretty frustrating experience... I despise theft... like almost more than anything.

I am keeping the 9mm chambered and ready at a moment's notice. I've got a 20 round clip filled with hollow points ready to make acquaintance with anyone who trespasses in my house.

Say whatever you want about that... but I don't play around when it comes to the safety of my wife and kids.

Dude, I had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. My wallet fell out of my pocket during a late night movie and I didn't realize it was missing until I tried to buy some food after The show. The wallet contained two credit cards, my DL and a concealed weapons permit. I drove back to the movie theater but it was already closed and locked up. I intended to return first thing in the morning before the first shows to search for it in the theater. Early next morning Bank Of America called and asked me about a few questionable purchases which had been made to my debit card - from out in Tijuana, Mexico! The thief (who I suspect was a female) picked the wallet off the floor, crossed the border that night and had begun make a string of purchases there before the bank and Capital One suspected fraudulent activity and froze the cards. The thief made about $130 worth of charges - all of which were refunded to me. It's frustrating but you should be OK, too.

Some tasks for you

1) FILE A POLICE REPORT - They may never catch the lil' shitkicker, but it needs to on record with the authorities and as proof for the banks and govt agencies in the event of fraud. And who knows maybe the creep will try to make charges to the cards from home, where its easy to track him/her down and arrest them.

2) FREEZE ALL YOUR CREDIT CARDS AND GET THE BANKS TO ISSUE REPLACEMENTS WITH NEW NUMBERS - it takes time but its the only way to firewall your accounts.

3) NOTIFY THE DMV OR OTHER AGENCIES OF ID FRAUD - this needs to be on file as well.

I know it really sucks and there's nothing like knowing there are rotten apples like that running amok among us. But for every one of those there 99 others just like the man and his son who returned QC's stuff.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
09-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Yikes dude.

Oh well, looks like no harm done Smile

Aside from KC running around with a firearm and a bad attitude... Ohmy You guys are seriously weird sometimes.
09-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Also if JC's a boxer, does that mean I can smash him one on the nose ?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Must say, don't have this problem with a motorbike.

Sucks alright however.

But serious question; who the fuck uses checks any more?
what are you.. 80?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
(09-12-2012 11:10 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 05:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  She was unloading her mountain bike from the car and accidentally left it unlocked. When she got back her bag with her wallet was gone. We immediately canceled all our credit cards and reported it. No harm so far.

Here's the kicker. I just got a knock on my door about 15 minutes ago. A man and his son said they found her bag and wallet down by the Mississippi River. All the credit cards were gone (obviously), but she got back her license, insurance cards, jeans, and expensive perfume.

I thanked them and told them how wonderful they were.

My worries are they got our check book and maybe her SS#. They also more than likely got our home address. We won't be leaving the house without one of us here for awhile... and if we do, I'll have to get the neighbors to keep an eye out.

Pretty frustrating experience... I despise theft... like almost more than anything.

I am keeping the 9mm chambered and ready at a moment's notice. I've got a 20 round clip filled with hollow points ready to make acquaintance with anyone who trespasses in my house.

Say whatever you want about that... but I don't play around when it comes to the safety of my wife and kids.

Dude, I had the same thing happen to me two weeks ago. My wallet fell out of my pocket during a late night movie and I didn't realize it was missing until I tried to buy some food after The show. The wallet contained two credit cards, my DL and a concealed weapons permit. I drove back to the movie theater but it was already closed and locked up. I intended to return first thing in the morning before the first shows to search for it in the theater. Early next morning Bank Of America called and asked me about a few questionable purchases which had been made to my debit card - from out in Tijuana, Mexico! The thief (who I suspect was a female) picked the wallet off the floor, crossed the border that night and had begun make a string of purchases there before the bank and Capital One suspected fraudulent activity and froze the cards. The thief made about $130 worth of charges - all of which were refunded to me. It's frustrating but you should be OK, too.

Some tasks for you

1) FILE A POLICE REPORT - They may never catch the lil' shitkicker, but it needs to on record with the authorities and as proof for the banks and govt agencies in the event of fraud. And who knows maybe the creep will try to make charges to the cards from home, where its easy to track him/her down and arrest them.

2) FREEZE ALL YOUR CREDIT CARDS AND GET THE BANKS TO ISSUE REPLACEMENTS WITH NEW NUMBERS - it takes time but its the only way to firewall your accounts.

3) NOTIFY THE DMV OR OTHER AGENCIES OF ID FRAUD - this needs to be on file as well.

I know it really sucks and there's nothing like knowing there are rotten apples like that running amok among us. But for every one of those there 99 others just like the man and his son who returned QC's stuff.
1) DONE
2) DONE
3) DONE

And yeah, I know... it was probably just a "smash and grab", I don't think I have to worry. I'm very thankful for the kindness of some people, but unfortunately, the a-holeness of others shines brighter.

10-12-2012, 09:38 AM
(09-12-2012 11:06 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
[Image: WiT2a.jpg]

KC's Law? Huh?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-12-2012, 09:38 AM
(09-12-2012 11:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Yikes dude.

Oh well, looks like no harm done Smile

Aside from KC running around with a firearm and a bad attitude... Ohmy You guys are seriously weird sometimes.
Dude... you would too.

Seriously, you would too if it was your family. And there isn't anything wrong with firearms. That's a whole new can-o-worms, though.