QC got her wallet / bag stolen.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
RE: QC got her wallet / bag stolen.
It's all in the Plan, dude.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah KC wasn't trying to start the whole gun debate again Wink Protecting your own is obviously important.

Just... what you consider to be the obvious response... eish...
10-12-2012, 11:34 AM
KC, how much would it take for you to pull the trigger on someone? If you returned home one night, with your wife and kids inside, and you saw a man sneaking in the window, would you instantly shoot him dead or tell him to get the fuck down?
10-12-2012, 11:49 AM
(10-12-2012 11:34 AM)Magoo Wrote:  KC, how much would it take for you to pull the trigger on someone? If you returned home one night, with your wife and kids inside, and you saw a man sneaking in the window, would you instantly shoot him dead or tell him to get the fuck down?
Coming into my house uninvited aka breaking in aka trespassing, then you are dead. No questions asked. Sorry, your life isn't as important as my children's or wife's. You chose to break into my house; I will defend my family to the death.

If you really need to talk to me, knock on the door.

In Louisiana, you can shoot a person if they are trying to force an entry. They don't have to be in your house. Same goes for your car. If they are trying to break into your car, you can kill them and you are protected by law.

Now, if someone is just roaming around my house, looking in and such, I will hold them at gunpoint until the cops arrive. The moment they try and force entry is the moment I shoot.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I hope that things get better from here. Keep that gun away from the children and make sure that you're all careful, but I mean I don't have to tell you something that you already know. Good luck.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 02:56 PM
KC, I understand your sense of protection for your family, but please be careful. If the cops caught someone stealing, even the law wouldn't kill him for it--if you must, shoot to deter/temporarily debilitate. I hope you don't have to make that choice either way. Be safe, hon.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
10-12-2012, 03:10 PM
(10-12-2012 02:56 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  KC, I understand your sense of protection for your family, but please be careful. If the cops caught someone stealing, even the law wouldn't kill him for it--if you must, shoot to deter/temporarily debilitate. I hope you don't have to make that choice either way. Be safe, hon.
Cops are also trained on how to handle the situation and are protected by body armor and do not have vested interest in the property or family on the inside.

But, ask any cop... if they caught someone breaking into their house, they would shoot - no questions.

When it's your stuff and your family it's a whole new mindset.

10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
(10-12-2012 03:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 02:56 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  KC, I understand your sense of protection for your family, but please be careful. If the cops caught someone stealing, even the law wouldn't kill him for it--if you must, shoot to deter/temporarily debilitate. I hope you don't have to make that choice either way. Be safe, hon.
Cops are also trained on how to handle the situation and are protected by body armor and do not have vested interest in the property or family on the inside.

But, ask any cop... if they caught someone breaking into their house, they would shoot - no questions.

I'm not saying don't shoot. I'm just suggesting caution--why shoot to *kill* when a lesser injury can just as likely protect you?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
(10-12-2012 03:14 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 03:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Cops are also trained on how to handle the situation and are protected by body armor and do not have vested interest in the property or family on the inside.

I'm not saying don't shoot. I'm just suggesting caution--why shoot to *kill* when a lesser injury can just as likely protect you?
Because... that's not how shooting works.

In the moment, unless you've been vigorously trained, there is no "shoot to harm". It's actually very difficult to shoot someone in the leg or arm... in fight or flight situations, you aim and then shoot... preferably numerous times until your target stops moving.

It's not like the movies.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
10-12-2012, 03:54 PM
(10-12-2012 03:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 03:14 PM)Percepticon Wrote:  I'm not saying don't shoot. I'm just suggesting caution--why shoot to *kill* when a lesser injury can just as likely protect you?
Because... that's not how shooting works.

In the moment, unless you've been vigorously trained, there is no "shoot to harm". It's actually very difficult to shoot someone in the leg or arm... in fight or flight situations, you aim and then shoot... preferably numerous times until your target stops moving.

It's not like the movies.
Thank you for clarifying. I talked to some coworkers about it, too, one of them a gun owner; I also realized that someone maimed could use that as incentive to come back & kill, even if that wasn't their original intent. I really just hope you're left alone, period. You guys have had enough.