Poll: Do you want to form a local Consumer-Based economy?
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
QUESTIONS about Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2010, 08:27 PM
RE: QUESTIONS about Atheists
ahh oks.

I think I must have been confused by the old Roman names still being used xD Thanks for correcting me :3

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 08:50 AM
According to a link trail I followed from your original post, Civilized Man, you are a proponent of the Venus Project, whose active arm is the Zeitgeist Movement. I'm still not sure exactly what it is that you are ranting about, but maybe someone else will be able to make sense of it now that they know this.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
15-10-2010, 12:57 PM

(15-10-2010 08:50 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  According to a link trail I followed from your original post, Civilized Man, you are a proponent of the Venus Project, whose active arm is the Zeitgeist Movement. I'm still not sure exactly what it is that you are ranting about, but maybe someone else will be able to make sense of it now that they know this.

... Your hasty research failed to reveal that I was banned from posting on the "the Venus Project" site for condemning the site as a front for banksters promoting an undefined "Resource-Based Economy", using the renderings of technological urban developments of the old babbling Jacque Fresco to suggest the improbable: that banksters might someday actually design a technological urb.
... I have frequently condemned The Zeitgeist Movement as an obvious fraud run by bankster children, frequently prompting that their leaders define the meaning of their "Resource-Based Economy", without once receiving a single acknowledgement.
... This is another False Bankster Economy that atheists must replace with a Scientific Consumer-Based Economy, as divinely intended.

............. Civilized Man ..............
... Early Autumn, Libra 22, 2010 ...
(That's October 14 on your retarded Papist calendar)
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 01:51 PM
(15-10-2010 12:57 PM)Civilized Man Wrote:  
(15-10-2010 08:50 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  According to a link trail I followed from your original post, Civilized Man, you are a proponent of the Venus Project, whose active arm is the Zeitgeist Movement. I'm still not sure exactly what it is that you are ranting about, but maybe someone else will be able to make sense of it now that they know this.

... Your hasty research failed to reveal that I was banned from posting on the "the Venus Project" site for condemning the site as a front for banksters promoting an undefined "Resource-Based Economy", using the renderings of technological urban developments of the old babbling Jacque Fresco to suggest the improbable: that banksters might someday actually design a technological urb.
... I have frequently condemned The Zeitgeist Movement as an obvious fraud run by bankster children, frequently prompting that their leaders define the meaning of their "Resource-Based Economy", without once receiving a single acknowledgement.
... This is another False Bankster Economy that atheists must replace with a Scientific Consumer-Based Economy, as divinely intended.

............. Civilized Man ..............
... Early Autumn, Libra 22, 2010 ...
(That's October 14 on your retarded Papist calendar)

All right then. This really doesn't help, though it is interesting.

You say that atheists must replace the current economic system with a divinely-inspired consumer-based one? How is this system divinely-inspired, and why does it have to be atheists that do it if it is? Seems a little counterintuitive.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
18-10-2010, 03:42 PM
(10-10-2010 10:46 AM)Civilized Man Wrote:  ... Or perhaps an atheist-sponsored World Academy of Language, whose professors would publish a Definary of Human Language that would unequivocally define every abstract human concept - something that their Royal Dictionaries refuse to do? I think not. Rather they should welcome a defined language, plus a Language Court that would honestly judge all disputes about the correct meaning of all abstract words and their usage by less-than-honest priests, politicians, judges, journalists, novelists, economists, revolutionaries, and bible-thumping preachers.

A Language Court? Good luck! Language has been changing rapidly since humans first developed it. No court in the world can stop the definition/meaning of words from shifting or changing. Pick up a text in Old English and see if you can understand it (I certainly can't understand all of it); Old English isn't even that old, really, and already it's practically a different language from Modern English. Because of this rapid change, words have multiple meanings, connotations, allusions, etc, which makes it highly impractical to arbitrarily decide upon a "correct" meaning of any given word. (Just take a look at the disputes about the "correct" definition of the word atheist Tongue)

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Dr. Itch's (idiotic) answers to Mathida's questions / boxing ring commentary Bucky Ball 33 812 22-04-2014 04:45 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  No Atheists in Foxholes? TheBear 3 81 08-04-2014 03:44 PM
Last Post: Banjo
  Atheists, please quit persecuting Christians in America. (Noah film) Dark Light 13 304 01-04-2014 12:02 PM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Any teen atheists here? Jarnorth 16 270 22-03-2014 08:38 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Job Offer Questions southernbelle 14 223 19-03-2014 03:44 PM
Last Post: southernbelle
  Stupid Questions southernbelle 4 190 18-02-2014 09:05 PM
Last Post: southernbelle
  Some Famous Atheists/Agnostics WitchSabrina 2 311 18-02-2014 01:48 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina