Qantas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Qantas
So, apparently Qantas has grounded all it's flights in the wake of rolling union strikes. I know most people here will probably disagree with me but I'm with Qantas on this. Apparently the company has huge annual losses and the actions they have undertaken are to prevent a repeat of such losses.

If the company is to remain afloat then it seems changes need to be made but the unions are fighting every step of the way because of possible detriments to their members, they seem oblivious to the fact that if such losses continue the company will be bankrupt and all their members out of work.

Once again the unions disregard common sense for greed.

I say go Qantas, show that you won't take this bullshit any more and hopefully other unions and companies worldwide will take note of your actions.

Anyone else have any views on the subject?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2011, 07:06 PM
RE: Qantas
The economic gains of striking;
Let’s say you earn $50k pa
And you want a 5% rise or an extra $2,500 pa
Boss says no so you strike for a week.
You just lost $961.54
They come back with 1%
No, another week -$1823.08 total
2.5%?
You agree to this, shake hands and return to work.
You now earn an extra $24.04 per week.
In 76 weeks you will be earning more as you would have caught up on the $1823.08 you have paid back at $24.04 per week.
18 months.
Worth it?

If you get into the inflation/tax/interest and/or any late fees you might have incurred from your two weeks off its much worse.
Not to mention the losses the company suffered meaning you are less likely to get another rise any time soon.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply