Qu'ran burning day? or days? or what the?...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Qu'ran burning day? or days? or what the?...

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
31-08-2012, 02:31 AM
RE: Qu'ran burning day? or days? or what the?...
I feel burning those books is one of the dumbest things we can do. 1. It rallys the believers together against you. 2. It gives them money toward their goals. If you burn a few million books, that means you or someone else purchased the books. Places that sell the books make a big profit, which gets sent to the leaders that keep hammering away at our rights. 3. It makes the actual believers easier to lead into war.
31-08-2012, 03:38 AM
I think we have no right to burn there books.
In my country, once there was a time, people came together by night and burn all the books there where forbidden to read, even to have at the bookshelf.

I also think, we have the opportunity and possebillity to learn how to disable there
beliefs by there own books.
Thats like try to repare a brooken computer, first thing you do is burning the handbook. No, that dosn't work.
If our task is done, they have the right and maybe a reason for burning there books by themselfs.
But i like to have some of them in a library, just to open them sometimes and see from how we came and how fare we are evolved since.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
31-08-2012, 06:30 AM
It's sad to me that a religion founded on worship of a God above any man or object or book, a religion that rejects Judaism's worship of the Torah and Christianity's worship of a trinity has come to worship a book after all.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
31-08-2012, 07:14 AM
If they want to burn their own possessions then let them. They bought the books, they are theirs to burn.
It is pretty stupid, unless you are trying to keep warm, but I'd like to know that I can burn anything that I own, so let them do it.

[Image: opforum1.png]
31-08-2012, 07:32 AM
I'm with Marco on this. I have a real problem with burning books, it never leads us anywhere good.

I think this just helps the priests/imams/witch doctors in pointing to the outside and telling their flocks that their story is the correct one and look how upset the unsaved/chosen people are.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post