Quantum Computing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Quantum Computing
I know more than most non-science majors, but I'm not going to pretend I understand it all. I just regurgitate about 40% of my knowledge on the subject.

I've been reading and studying the issue and I would like to speak with someone on the subject of quantum computing and quantum computing so that I can obtain a better understanding on the subject and get some pointers on how to study it, run experiments, and find more people who want to speak about it.

I find many people are very intimidated by the subject or have the same understanding that I do. I need someone brave and someone very knowledgeable. Maybe a grad student or PhD on here?

Thanks!
ElCon

Academic interests: B.S. in Computer Science w/ Minor in Physics pending

"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."- Albert Einstein.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Steven Hawking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2014, 12:54 PM
RE: Quantum Computing
(28-05-2014 12:34 PM)elconquistador Wrote:  I know more than most non-science majors, but I'm not going to pretend I understand it all. I just regurgitate about 40% of my knowledge on the subject.

I've been reading and studying the issue and I would like to speak with someone on the subject of quantum computing and quantum computing so that I can obtain a better understanding on the subject and get some pointers on how to study it, run experiments, and find more people who want to speak about it.

I find many people are very intimidated by the subject or have the same understanding that I do. I need someone brave and someone very knowledgeable. Maybe a grad student or PhD on here?

Thanks!
ElCon

Academic interests: B.S. in Computer Science w/ Minor in Physics pending

I guess I count.

... this is my signature!
28-05-2014, 12:54 PM
I have no credentials in this area, but, is it quantum computing or quantum computer networking?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
28-05-2014, 12:56 PM
(28-05-2014 12:54 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I have no credentials in this area, but, is it quantum computing or quantum computer networking?

Depends - those are different things. Like classical information theory, classical computer science, and classical networking...

... this is my signature!
28-05-2014, 12:59 PM
(28-05-2014 12:56 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(28-05-2014 12:54 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I have no credentials in this area, but, is it quantum computing or quantum computer networking?

Depends - those are different things. Like classical information theory, classical computer science, and classical networking...
I know a lot about it, but what is the subject he is specifically talking about.? (That was what I was asking.)
Is it quantum computing or quantum networking?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
28-05-2014, 02:38 PM
I've previously considered learning more about quantum computing and there are simulators out there to allow people to learn how to program one but decided not to pursue it. I realised that it would only make sense for me to do that if I could be confident in a career in academia and I've long since come to the conclusion that it's not going to happen for me. I don't have enough time to do what I want as it is.

I would love to learn more about it though.