Quantum Physics Advance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 04:33 PM by Superluminal.)
Quantum Physics Advance
If you are into such things, this is an EXTREMELY important issue for you. People will be reading about how this is either true or untrue in textbooks someday. If it is, we will have to re-write quantum mechanics.

http://www.nature.com/news/a-boost-for-q...ty-1.10602
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post
10-05-2012, 08:50 AM
RE: Quantum Physics Advance
“People have become emotionally attached to positions that they defend with vague arguments,” says Jonathan Barrett, one of the authors

Agreed

Evolve
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
(10-05-2012 07:26 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  If you are into such things, this is an EXTREMELY important read for you. People will be reading about how this is either true or untrue in textbooks someday. If it is, we will have to re-write quantum mechanics.

http://www.nature.com/news/a-boost-for-q...ty-1.10602

Bucky's First Law :
Don't Collapse Yer Wave Function. Tongue

http://stephenpickering.com/2009/05/23/you-want-to-travel-through-space-and-time-dont-collapse-your-wave-function/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Hmm... I like my quantum theories as much as anybody... but I really can't assume that much. Why would quantum systems have to have an objective, physical state? Not that any system can't, or shouldn't, but why?
For that matter, what if quantum mechanics is... uh... not complete? Shocking

Drinking Beverage I already reread quantum mechanics textbooks. So, I guess just pile 'em on.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
11-05-2012, 04:32 PM
(11-05-2012 03:22 PM)kim Wrote:  Why would quantum systems have to have an objective, physical state? Not that any system can't, or shouldn't, but why?
For that matter, what if quantum mechanics is... uh... not complete? Shocking

Drinking Beverage I already reread quantum mechanics textbooks. So, I guess just pile 'em on.
Well, that's what they are arguing over. I wasn't trying to imply that this particular article was all that important, but the overall debate itself. Eventually this will have to be solved. No matter how it turns out it will be important.
11-05-2012, 04:47 PM
I wonder why ... it seem that suddenly a lot of stuff is being published very quickly, when they used to hash this stuff over for several years before anything is published.

Hmm.

I have no issue with argument - it's how things are decided. I just have to wonder why press the issue, let alone publish, when so much hasn't been realized past the point of argument?

I'm smelling ... FUND RAISING. Yes Right or wrong... gotta keep the cash coming! Wink

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.