Quantum Scientists prove that the future creates the past- WTF!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Quantum Scientists prove that the future creates the past- WTF!!!
Just stop your thoughts close all your senses and suddenly you will be in new dimension which is beyond the time. Sooner or later ur mind and senses will die hence reality has to be faced. Time is only illusion. Deep inside us there is eternal dimension free from past, present and future.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2015, 05:51 PM
(10-06-2015 12:55 PM)Satyam Wrote:  Just stop your thoughts close all your senses and suddenly you will be in new dimension which is beyond the time. Sooner or later ur mind and senses will die hence reality has to be faced. Time is only illusion. Deep inside us there is eternal dimension free from past, present and future.

Please present your evidence of this. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-06-2015, 06:12 PM
(10-06-2015 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-06-2015 12:55 PM)Satyam Wrote:  Just stop your thoughts close all your senses and suddenly you will be in new dimension which is beyond the time. Sooner or later ur mind and senses will die hence reality has to be faced. Time is only illusion. Deep inside us there is eternal dimension free from past, present and future.

Please present your evidence of this. Drinking Beverage

I am perfectly satisfied that Satyam has provided sufficient evidence that he has stopped his thoughts and closed his senses.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-06-2015, 11:00 AM
(08-06-2015 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Meh. Even if this interpretation of the experiments is valid, quantum effects don't translate to objects in the macro world.

You sound like one of those anti-evolutionists who claim only micro-evolution exists and macro-evolution is unfounded. We have demonstrated quantum superposition of a visible mechanical system.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-06-2015, 11:25 AM
(08-06-2015 05:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The fact that it took me about six hyperlinks deep to even find the abstract of the paper purportedly "discussed" (for the interested: here) would make me very, very skeptical of any claims pertaining to it.

Why would that make you skeptical? Nature Communications is a peer reviewed journal which has a high impact factor behind Nature and Science and on par with PNAS.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
12-06-2015, 11:28 AM
(12-06-2015 11:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 05:45 PM)cjlr Wrote:  The fact that it took me about six hyperlinks deep to even find the abstract of the paper purportedly "discussed" (for the interested: here) would make me very, very skeptical of any claims pertaining to it.

Why would that make you skeptical? Nature Communications is a peer reviewed journal which has a high impact factor behind Nature and Science and on par with PNAS.

Not the article itself - the hoops I had to jump through to get from the actual article to the, ah, "discussion" of it as originally linked to. It made me skeptical of the commentary, whereas - once I actually found it - the actual paper was just solid quantum mechanics.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
12-06-2015, 11:38 AM
(08-06-2015 07:27 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  What we have here is an example (as if we needed another!) of what happens when reporters who know nothing of science write articles about science. Just consider the first half sentence of the article:

"An experiment by Australian scientists has proven ..."

No scientist would ever claim to have "proven" anything.

Those are the journalist's words. Scientists prefer the word "shown" for analytical arguments and "demonstrated" for empirical or physical ones.

(08-06-2015 07:27 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The article is bullshit, and the researchers behind the study probably wish they'd never talked to the reporter.

Given the peer reviewed venue it was published in I seriously doubt that.

12-06-2015, 11:47 AM
(10-06-2015 12:32 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Laurence Krauss has said that we definitely do exist.

So what. He can't prove it any more than anyone else can. Like the existence of God, our own existence is inherently unfalsifiable. That said we have to at least stipulate to it or there'd be no point to doing or discussing or examining anything. We'd have no common ground.

(10-06-2015 12:32 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  When science uses the word "illusion" they are not claiming matter does not exist, just that from our point of view we are limited by our perspective.

To the point of the OP, while we can empirically demonstrate retrocausality that says little about reality and more about our limited measurement ability. Most think retrocausality is a mirage.

12-06-2015, 06:11 PM
(12-06-2015 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  Meh. Even if this interpretation of the experiments is valid, quantum effects don't translate to objects in the macro world.

You sound like one of those anti-evolutionists who claim only micro-evolution exists and macro-evolution is unfounded. We have demonstrated quantum superposition of a visible mechanical system.

Nope. The physical system does not exhibit quantum effects, only elements of it (some particles) do.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2015, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015 06:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(12-06-2015 06:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2015 11:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You sound like one of those anti-evolutionists who claim only micro-evolution exists and macro-evolution is unfounded. We have demonstrated quantum superposition of a visible mechanical system.

Nope. The physical system does not exhibit quantum effects, only elements of it (some particles) do.

Nope. You have misread the article. In practice we can't but in principle there is no reason why we couldn't demonstrate quantum superposition of my fat ass sitting in this chair. And to go a step further we know why in practice we can't. Quantum theory is not limited to some bizarre corner of some fetish closet in some physicists' masturbatory wet dreams. It is a fundamental universal theory of the nature of reality. Why this seems to bother you is beyond me.