Poll: Read OP and vote. ;)
yea?
nay?
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Quantum Woo FTW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Quantum Woo FTW
What win? You ask... quantum woo is new woo, and new is prophecy* done right.

*by prophecy, I mean speaking for god. Not that fortune-telling shit, although I've always been a deft hand with a Tarot deck. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 10:26 AM
RE: Quantum Woo FTW
There is no spoon.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-10-2015, 10:30 AM
(05-10-2015 10:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There is no spoon.

There is spoon and not spoon.

05-10-2015, 10:33 AM
(05-10-2015 10:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There is no spoon.

There is spoon and not spoon.

However, as a casual observer, until I peek at it, they are equally probable.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-10-2015, 10:35 AM
(05-10-2015 10:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  There is spoon and not spoon.

However, as a casual observer, until I peek at it, they are equally probable.

I'm an invested observer. Undecided

Whatever I look at, Gwynnies! Heart

05-10-2015, 10:52 AM
(05-10-2015 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:33 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  However, as a casual observer, until I peek at it, they are equally probable.

I'm an invested observer. Undecided

I don't like looking because if I don't, there is an equal chance that she is naked in the pic. If, I look that then answers the question which is most likely is that she is clothed. I prefer the theist stance on this and have faith that she is nekked in spite of so much evidence to the contrary.

- Paul Dirac
05-10-2015, 10:52 AM
Quantum woo isn't exactly new. I first noticed people trying to connect dots between quantum mechanics and stuff like astrology, homeopathy, Biblical verses, power crystals, thelema, etc, in the early 2000s, but it began earlier than that. Personally, I blame Robert Anton Wilson. As much as I enjoy his writing, as entertaining as he is, he himself was not unafflicted by the woo bug.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
05-10-2015, 11:11 AM
(05-10-2015 10:52 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:35 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I'm an invested observer. Undecided

I don't like looking because if I don't, there is an equal chance that she is naked in the pic. If, I look that then answers the question which is most likely is that she is clothed. I prefer the theist stance on this and have faith that she is nekked in spite of so much evidence to the contrary.

I've got fetishes. Blush

I like tight leather more than nudity. Tongue

(Ball's in your court.)

(05-10-2015 10:52 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Quantum woo isn't exactly new. I first noticed people trying to connect dots between quantum mechanics and stuff like astrology, homeopathy, Biblical verses, power crystals, thelema, etc, in the early 2000s, but it began earlier than that. Personally, I blame Robert Anton Wilson. As much as I enjoy his writing, as entertaining as he is, he himself was not unafflicted by the woo bug.

But it's only the "new" part that I'm sanctioning as a prophet. May not be new to you, but it sure as fuck is newer than the New Testament. You have to understand, I look at these things as an "actual" prophet. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
05-10-2015, 11:24 AM
(05-10-2015 11:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 10:52 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  I don't like looking because if I don't, there is an equal chance that she is naked in the pic. If, I look that then answers the question which is most likely is that she is clothed. I prefer the theist stance on this and have faith that she is nekked in spite of so much evidence to the contrary.

I've got fetishes. Blush

(Ball's in your court.)

But there also are several pics from Shallow Hal that could be the pic in question. Kind of like telling someone they are going to see a pic of Charlize Theron and the pic is one from Monster, kind of a letdown. Granted, Gwyn looks great in pretty much anything, even nothing, but the imagination is usually a better place than reality.

- Paul Dirac
05-10-2015, 11:31 AM
(05-10-2015 11:24 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 11:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I've got fetishes. Blush

(Ball's in your court.)

But there also are several pics from Shallow Hal that could be the pic in question. Kind of like telling someone they are going to see a pic of Charlize Theron and the pic is one from Monster, kind of a letdown.

You're telling me! The spawn goes, "I want you to draw Charlize Theron for my birthday," and I go - Big Grin and he goes...

[Image: ZXB7EgQ.jpg]

Angry