Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(16-07-2015 12:03 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Children learn from the cultures they are born into, even if subliminally.
There is no evidence for a "belief in god" gene.

So you're saying religious belief is childish ? Thumbsup

And where does* cultures acquire it's belief from?

If you wanted to explain the over abundance of religious beliefs, why it has arose in nearly every culture that has ever existed, you'd have attribute it to factors beyond just cultural learning. Specific religious beliefs are layered on top of intuitive assumptions, that incline folks to accept those beliefs in the first place.

Folks are surely not inclined to be intuitive ontological naturalist, all the evidence seems to suggest the exact opposite. As early as we can trace what our intuitive beliefs are, teleological beliefs are present.

* Where "do" cultures get their beliefs from ?
Actually religions, on the human scale are relatively new.

Show us the evidence for your opinions and claims, and tell us exactly what is all this "evidence" that you speak of. We know from Anthropology approximately when and how religion arose.

Your logic is very weird. All people get sick and die eventually also. Is THAT a good thing ? Your premise that something that happens a lot is somehow good, is bullshit. Most humans in history have waged war also. Guess what ?

Rolleyes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-07-2015, 08:38 AM
(16-07-2015 04:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Show us the evidence for your opinions and claims

Sure, once you show how all the evidence we know about religious predominance, is suggestive, that without cultural indoctrination folks would be atheists. Since that is what was initially claimed here.

Quote:Your logic is very weird. All people get sick and die eventually also. Is THAT a good thing ? Your premise that something that happens a lot is somehow good, is bullshit. Most humans in history have waged war also. Guess what ?
Rolleyes

Yes, that might have been very weird, good thing I never said or implied anything about it being good or bad.
17-07-2015, 08:45 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 08:49 AM by Tomasia.)
(16-07-2015 03:52 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  Ancient man looks at the world around him. He sees the sun rise and set each day, the stars shine at night, sometimes the moon appears, on rare occasions the sun disappears during the day, rivers flow and sometimes flood, volcanoes erupt, the earth occasionally shakes, there's thunder and lightning. Ancient man wonders what is causing all this? POOF...man creates god in his image and likeness as the explanation of natural events.

Ancient man does no real wondering about what is the cause of all this. Modern men do, particularly in comfort, and in a time in which we have the means and methods, as well as the time to explore such questions. You're engaging in a very common anachronism, trying to attach you own curiosities, on folks radically different than you. Mythologies, religious stories, were not written for the sake of providing explanations for folks yearning for explanations for how life began, but rather for sake of dealing with the life they were given.

In a period in which death, and violence hang at every corner, the last thing anyone is wondering about is how does the sun rise.
17-07-2015, 08:56 AM
(17-07-2015 08:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(16-07-2015 03:52 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  Ancient man looks at the world around him. He sees the sun rise and set each day, the stars shine at night, sometimes the moon appears, on rare occasions the sun disappears during the day, rivers flow and sometimes flood, volcanoes erupt, the earth occasionally shakes, there's thunder and lightning. Ancient man wonders what is causing all this? POOF...man creates god in his image and likeness as the explanation of natural events.

Ancient man does no real wondering about what is the cause of all this. Modern men do, particularly in comfort, and in a time in which we have the means and methods, as well as the time to explore such questions. You're engaging in a very common anachronism, trying to attach you own curiosities, on folks radically different than you. Mythologies, religious stories, were not written for the sake of providing explanations for folks yearning for explanations for how life began, but rather for sake of dealing with the life they were given.

In a period in which death, and violence hang at every corner, the last thing anyone is wondering about is how does the sun rise.

I said nothing about wondering how life began. you obviously are not very good at reading comprehension.

"death, and violence hang at every corner"...yeah, like floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes....as I said................

Good example of the strawman fallacy.
17-07-2015, 09:15 AM
(17-07-2015 08:56 AM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  I said nothing about wondering how life began. you obviously are not very good at reading comprehension.

"death, and violence hang at every corner"...yeah, like floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes....as I said................

replace life, with floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes etc..

But please tell me the next time you find a person whose family was killed in a flood, an earthquake etc.. how providing a scientific explanation for them, would help them cope with their loss.

The questions at the heart of mythologies that develop in the wake of such events, are dealing with questions about how does one cope with the loss, how do we keep our communities from sinking into despair, how do we go on with our lives, deal with the uneasiness and uncertainty of all this.

They are not as you imagine, a wonderment about how shit works.
17-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Quote:Sure, once you show how all the evidence we know about religious predominance, is suggestive, that without cultural indoctrination folks would be atheists. Since that is what was initially claimed here.

So you have none. That's what I thought. Just talking out your ass, as usual.

Quote:Yes, that might have been very weird, good thing I never said or implied anything about it being good or bad.

That's the POINT you idiot. Laugh out load
Facepalm
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-07-2015, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 09:35 AM by Tomasia.)
(17-07-2015 09:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Sure, once you show how all the evidence we know about religious predominance, is suggestive, that without cultural indoctrination folks would be atheists. Since that is what was initially claimed here.

So you have none. That's what I thought. Just talking out your ass, as usual.

I'm quite fine with you thinking that, as long you recognize that when someone claims, "folks would be atheists if they were not educated and indoctrinated into a particular religion", comes out of their ass. If you think there's no evidence in support of my claim, then there's definitely none in support of that one.

(17-07-2015 09:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Yes, that might have been very weird, good thing I never said or implied anything about it being good or bad.

That's the POINT you idiot. Laugh out load
Facepalm
Weeping

So the point of saying, "your premise that something that happens a lot is somehow good, is bullshit.", was to state that I never said or implied that it was good?

Okay, if you say so.
17-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(17-07-2015 08:45 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Ancient man does no real wondering about what is the cause of all this.

[Image: sxgnef89qpzngi0fq2ij.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-07-2015, 10:21 AM
(17-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 08:56 AM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  I said nothing about wondering how life began. you obviously are not very good at reading comprehension.

replace life, with floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes etc..

But please tell me the next time you find a person whose family was killed in a flood, an earthquake etc.. how providing a scientific explanation for them, would help them cope with their loss.

Apples and oranges. Science offers explanations, not comfort. Religion offers comforting lies.

Quote:The questions at the heart of mythologies that develop in the wake of such events, are dealing with questions about how does one cope with the loss, how do we keep our communities from sinking into despair, how do we go on with our lives, deal with the uneasiness and uncertainty of all this.

They are not as you imagine, a wonderment about how shit works.

Actually, they are. What do your think creation stories are? Why do you think lightning is explained by Thor or Zeus throwing lightning bolts?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-07-2015, 10:28 AM
(17-07-2015 09:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 09:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you have none. That's what I thought. Just talking out your ass, as usual.

I'm quite fine with you thinking that, as long you recognize that when someone claims, "folks would be atheists if they were not educated and indoctrinated into a particular religion", comes out of their ass. If you think there's no evidence in support of my claim, then there's definitely none in support of that one.

(17-07-2015 09:21 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  That's the POINT you idiot. Laugh out load
Facepalm
Weeping

So the point of saying, "your premise that something that happens a lot is somehow good, is bullshit.", was to state that I never said or implied that it was good?

Okay, if you say so.

Nope. You implied that something that happens a lot is somehow validated as beneficial by the frequency of its occurance ... which IS what your statement implied.