Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 04:14 AM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
I'm here for a quick update as this pertains to my essay, as well as a comment made in this thread:

(05-07-2015 07:31 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  3) I don't think you can draw much of a conclusion for a conscious being with Bell's inequality considering there have been no loophole-free experiments done yet (to my knowledge). That is drawing a conclusion with insufficient data.

Recently, Bell's inequality has been confirmed loophole-free:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1508.05949

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 05:43 AM
Let's start with what has been demonstrated with crystal clarity: Dildo needs to be banned with extreme prejudice. Thumbsup

2) This is all esoteric to the point of wingnuttery. There's no argument here for the existence of "God." Oh, yeah; the capital G thing indicates a certain theology. Sure, Bucky is an asshole, and while his "problem of evil" refutations do not seem to apply to your hypothesis, they are pat of capital G's baggage.

3) arXiv is a pre-print archive. Nothing is "proven" there other than proof of concept, if a paper can sit there and survive scrutiny from the greater community, the authors then may decide to move forward into publication in a peer-reviewed journal.

4) Idea ain't no drive-by douchebag and Bucky's comparisons of Idea to such creatures is unwarranted.

5) Just because this is the best atheist forum, it's still an atheist forum. So why here? Why aren't you at some university hounding some physics professors with this stuff? You don't like knee-jerk reactions to the god concept, but of course that's what you're gonna get at a place like this, along with trolls like dildo. Zora studies the Q, she's one whose criticisms can be helpful, OC seems to know what he's on about; then of course there's Chas - but that ain't a whole heck of a lot foil to bounce your ideas off of.

6) And probably the biggest one - so what? All this seems to be adding an extraneous variable to a function that performs identically with or without the variable. It's remotely deist, but not quite theist as far as I can see.

7) And I don't know shit, so there's that. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-08-2015, 05:55 AM
Conscious beings need brains, until proven otherwise.

Oh. This is an argument for Baal.
Pardon me.

Bad habits, (theist electrical brain pathways) are hard to break.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-08-2015, 06:07 AM
(26-08-2015 04:14 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I'm here for a quick update as this pertains to my essay, as well as a comment made in this thread:

(05-07-2015 07:31 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  3) I don't think you can draw much of a conclusion for a conscious being with Bell's inequality considering there have been no loophole-free experiments done yet (to my knowledge). That is drawing a conclusion with insufficient data.

They claim that, but their experiment and methodology is yet to be confirmed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2015, 06:09 AM
(26-08-2015 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  then of course there's Chas - but that ain't a whole heck of a lot foil to bounce your ideas off of.

Huh

Consider

Dodgy

26-08-2015, 06:13 AM
(26-08-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 05:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  then of course there's Chas - but that ain't a whole heck of a lot foil to bounce your ideas off of.

Huh

Consider

Dodgy

Well, I meant three peeps ain't a whole lot of peer review. Wink

living word
26-08-2015, 11:45 AM
(17-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But please tell me the next time you find a person whose family was killed in a flood, an earthquake etc.. how providing a scientific explanation for them, would help them cope with their loss.

The universe is not a nice place. If you need a mythological security blanket in order to deal with it, so be it - but don't pretend that it's anything more than that.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
26-08-2015, 04:01 PM
(26-08-2015 06:13 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 06:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Huh

Consider

Dodgy

Well, I meant three peeps ain't a whole lot of peer review. Wink

Oh, I see. Blush

26-08-2015, 09:38 PM
(26-08-2015 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 04:14 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I'm here for a quick update as this pertains to my essay, as well as a comment made in this thread:

They claim that, but their experiment and methodology is yet to be confirmed.

Dammit, Chas. You beat me to it.

Ideasonscribe, when this is published in an actual peer-reviewed journal, then I will consider it. Otherwise, it is nothing more than a hypothesis.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
26-08-2015, 10:04 PM
where does this platonic gibberish come from ?