Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2015, 07:48 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(26-08-2015 09:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  They claim that, but their experiment and methodology is yet to be confirmed.

Dammit, Chas. You beat me to it.

Ideasonscribe, when this is published in an actual peer-reviewed journal, then I will consider it. Otherwise, it is nothing more than a hypothesis.

So here's the Peer-Reviewed publication:

http://www.nature.com/news/quantum-spook...ref-link-4

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
30-08-2015, 08:13 PM
(28-08-2015 05:26 PM)Free Wrote:  Just more I.D. shit.

Dismissed.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: Azurafuck.png]

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-08-2015, 08:29 PM
I thought some one had linked through to that page on 'Nature' before?

Any one remember the link? Or the gist of the other thread?
30-08-2015, 08:35 PM
(30-08-2015 08:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I thought some one had linked through to that page on 'Nature' before?

I'm curious as well. Bump.

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-08-2015, 08:55 PM
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  ------> The universe is possibly a hologram or virtual simulation and we can test this. <------

"Hologram" does not mean "simulation". Equivocating between the two is fallacious.

The universe may be holographic. There is no evidence for it being a simulation.

(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  If the cosmos is a hologram, where is the information coming from?
We know that simulations of virtual realities can be processed via computers. However, in order to build a computer to process every qubit of our universe, one would need to create a computer larger than the universe itself. It's not practical and largely unnecessary to postulate.
However we do know that our brains can process information much more smoothly and compactly into platonic information.

The brain is a computer.

This is also the special pleading fallacy, as you cannot process an entire universe's worth of information on an ordinary brain, either.

(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  The above science has shown, however, that the brain is also a part of the hologram. Therefore, the matter that makes the brain is also observer dependent.
That means that the mind is fundamental and can be a separate entity.

False.

Quantum mechanics' concept of observation does not require consciousness. Matter does not give a damn if there is any consciousness around to look at it.

There is also no evidence supporting the idea of minds being capable of existing without a material framework. The idea itself is largely incoherent, but this is beside the point.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
30-08-2015, 08:57 PM
(30-08-2015 08:55 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  The above science has shown, however, that the brain is also a part of the hologram. Therefore, the matter that makes the brain is also observer dependent.
That means that the mind is fundamental and can be a separate entity.

False.

Quantum mechanics' concept of observation does not require consciousness. Matter does not give a damn if there is any consciousness around to look at it.

There is also no evidence supporting the idea of minds being capable of existing without a material framework. The idea itself is largely incoherent, but this is beside the point.

Thumbsup

Primacy of Existence vrs Primacy of Consciousness

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
30-08-2015, 09:30 PM
(17-07-2015 09:15 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  But please tell me the next time you find a person whose family was killed in a flood, an earthquake etc.. how providing a scientific explanation for them, would help them cope with their loss.

So the truth is irrelevant to you, I see. What provides the most comfort to the most people is your ultimate value ?

You do know Utilitarianism is a slippery slope, I hope.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
30-08-2015, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 10:05 PM by Ted Tucker.)
(30-08-2015 07:48 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 09:38 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Dammit, Chas. You beat me to it.

Ideasonscribe, when this is published in an actual peer-reviewed journal, then I will consider it. Otherwise, it is nothing more than a hypothesis.

So here's the Peer-Reviewed publication:

Very Cool! Thanks for the link to the Nature publication. Although fascinating and extremely exciting science, I somehow missed the demonstration for God in the experimentation?
Was it in the word "Spookiness?"

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein
30-08-2015, 10:11 PM
(30-08-2015 10:01 PM)Ted Tucker Wrote:  
(30-08-2015 07:48 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  So here's the Peer-Reviewed publication:

Very Cool! Thanks for the link to the Nature publication. Although fascinating and extremely exciting science, I somehow missed the demonstration for God in the experimentation?
Was it in the word "Spookiness?"

Go back and read the thread.

—Jeremy LaBorde
30-08-2015, 10:18 PM
(30-08-2015 08:29 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I thought some one had linked through to that page on 'Nature' before?

Was just on IFLScience on fb, but the article's only from Thursday. Undecided

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user