Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2015, 09:40 AM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(05-07-2015 08:59 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 08:30 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And WE are conscious. Chaos Theory has proven then it this universe, order arises spontaneously. See my name ? I am a bucky ball. I know about these things. Tongue

But what if you are just a battery? A battery that some other world is using to power itself and this is just a simulation to fool you? Mr. Anderson Bucky.

No wonder I feel "run down" once in a while.
And here I thought it was too many strawberry daiquiris. Angel

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-07-2015, 09:52 AM
"You know how I know we're NOT in the matrix? Because if we were in the matrix - the food would be better" Sheldon Cooper

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-07-2015, 09:54 AM
The scientific proof of a god is of such scale that the Nobel prize would be the smallest and least significant of its reverberations. It is therefore unlikely to emerge from a lone individual in apparent isolation from the general scientific community and be first communicated in an internet forum. This isn't to say that lone individuals can't produce great ideas and go on to prove them, but this particular idea, scientific proof of a god, is by no means unique or new and has been labored over by thousands if not millions of competent minds across centuries, so something as remarkable as actually achieving it would be unlikely to show up as a few paragraphs produced by a single mind posted in a forum rather than a multi-volume treatise produced by a team of minds presented in mainstream scientific organs. On that basis alone your OP could be safely discarded without even bothering to read it. Something like this requires immense corroboration.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
05-07-2015, 10:17 AM
(05-07-2015 08:19 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I'll be back later with more responses. I've gained a child since I've been gone. Wink

Not wanting to derail or anything, but..

CONGRATULATIONS! Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
06-07-2015, 06:07 PM
Bare with me, I'm still trying to find time to respond.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
06-07-2015, 07:04 PM
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  At the time, I was a devout Christian. However, since I've been gone, I've actually been an atheist for a good while, and then started studying Quantum Physics and Superstring Theory. After a good amount of research, I realized my materialistic stance was no longer tenable. Shortly after, I then realized my atheistic stance was untenable as well.
I am a Philosophical Theist.

A deist?
Or do you have an affinity for JC?
You do know that Superstring theory is highly speculative and unsupported by evidence.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I believe in the probable existence of what can be defined as 'god'.
How do you calculate the probabilities?
How did you define what a god is?

(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  5.) The information processing the hologram is coming from a mind - rather than a highly advanced computer.
What is your definition of a mind?
Does it require an evolved brain or can it be made of nothing?

(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Quantum mechanics began it's tests with particles (i.e. electrons, protons, etc.)
In particular "sub-atomic" pariticles.
Let's distinguish between "small" and "big" particles.
A "small" particle is so small that we cannot avoid significantly impacting it when taking measurements. A "big" particle can saftley by measured without significantly impacting it.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  The particles (or matter) behaved like waves of probability when not being measured, and like balls of matter while being measured.
Well, actually small particles behave as both wave and particle simultaneously. When measurements are taken the method used to take the measurements impacts the eigenstates. This obviously has an impact on the superposition of all eignstates. It is flawed to consider a small particle as an object moving in a classical fashion.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  This implied either that the detectors were screwing up the results, or that matter is not really as stable as we originally thought it was.
No, it doesn't imply that.
The detectors are interfering with the "system" being measured, but "matter" isn't a solid particle moving in a classical fashion.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  The results of experiments seemed to show that matter is dependent on observation, or 'measurement', to exist in any defined location.
No, this isn't true.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  We also found that two particles connected by Entanglement can somehow communicate with each other instantaneously at any distance in space.
They don't communicate with each other.
They are entangled regarding their respective states.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  However, local realism has been violated:
http://phys.org/news/2010-11-physicists-...alism.html
Seems they need to close all three loop-holes before they can show that local realism has been violated. But the second link you presented is interesting, I'll read through it when I have more time.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  ------> The universe is possibly a hologram or virtual simulation and we can test this. <------
Cool, I'll need to read up on this.
(05-07-2015 04:39 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  ------> The information processing the hologram is coming from a mind - rather than a highly advanced computer. <------

If the cosmos is a hologram, where is the information coming from?
We know that simulations of virtual realities can be processed via computers. However, in order to build a computer to process every qubit of our universe, one would need to create a computer larger than the universe itself. It's not practical and largely unnecessary to postulate.
However we do know that our brains can process information much more smoothly and compactly into platonic information.
The above science has shown, however, that the brain is also a part of the hologram. Therefore, the matter that makes the brain is also observer dependent.
That means that the mind is fundamental and can be a separate entity.
Well, there you have it,

although I'm not sure how you get to the conclusion that there is a mind seperate to existence.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
06-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Re: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
So...quantum theories haven't yet been tied to the workings of the world at large.

If the process of measuring particles causes a disturbance that affects position or momentum.. well, that's not really weird, is it?

Doesn't quantum interference cancel out the "weirdness"?

Just some thoughts; I'm interested in everyone's replies.
07-07-2015, 03:51 AM
A bunch of silliness for nothing. God's existence can be proven through the impossibility of the contrary.

Truth seeker.
07-07-2015, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2015 05:48 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-07-2015 03:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  A bunch of silliness for nothing. God's existence can be proven through the impossibility of the contrary.

Now THAT is silly, dildo brain. That means your god is subject to Reality and not its master. There are no "proofs" for the gods. That makes faith unnecessary. When you get all big, and mommy lets you out by yourself to play, you can take a class and learn some hard grown-up stuff. Meanwhile, you and your god blankey are safe in the basement.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-07-2015, 04:51 AM
(07-07-2015 03:51 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  A bunch of silliness for nothing. God's existence can be proven through the impossibility of the contrary.

Now that I have not heard before! Big Grin

Meaningless twaddle of course and wildly off topic as far as I can tell.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about physics?

Oh hang on, is Dildo popsthebuilder? Come back to haunt us???

Hobo Weeping Sadcryface2

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post