Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2015, 05:23 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(01-09-2015 04:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No one says it "leaks" for another universe. LMAO.

Actually... Tongue

The idea's been kicking around a while.

Quote:If gravity is not confined to 3 spacial dimensions and if there are universes parallel to ours then the gravity of matter in 1 or more parallel universes would be felt by ours but not otherwise interact. It would act like dark matter.

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/da...es.500372/

Which he prolly picked up from a less lively source than this, since...

Quote:Not quite. The problem is that dark matter also doesn't interact very well with itself. That is a very important distinction, because if dark matter were simply normal matter in a parallel universe, then it would have very different properties. In particular, it would lose energy and fall deeper into gravitational potential wells. It doesn't do this, however. While it is conceivable that dark matter is matter in a parallel universe, it most certainly isn't normal matter in a parallel universe

Reference https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/da...es.500372/

He's not a total idiot; but his idiocy tends to vary directly with his egotistic expression. When he keeps cool, he's OK, but wind him up and Hobo

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2015, 08:27 PM
(01-09-2015 05:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  The idea's been kicking around a while.

This is no evidence that confirms it. There are no known "other universes", that we know of. None. Not one. It's complete speculation. We know it acts on galaxies, and changes the way they rotate, and how stars are bound together in this one. THAT is "local", and until something is proven, the assumption that Dark Energy and Dark Matter exist IN THIS UNIVERSE (only) would be the most reasonable assumption. The WMAP probe was supposed to be able find data skewed by other universes. It didn't. We don't know now.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
(01-09-2015 12:11 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Well I'm a Currency Trader.
I make money, bitches!

Wink

I am a professional musician. As such I never work because I love what i do.

It was a good choice. Smile

I do not see what it has to do with the OP's first post. Which was incoherant anyway.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-09-2015, 09:54 PM
(01-09-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 12:11 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Well I'm a Currency Trader.
I make money, bitches!

Wink

I am a professional musician. As such I never work because I love what i do.

I do not see what it has to do with the OP's first post. Which was incoherant anyway.

I've honestly not really been doing any physics research lately. I started to realize that my financial situation needed to change and my physics hobby was getting in the way.
I was introduced to Forex about 4 1/2 years ago. I spent a good while studying Forex and learning all about it. I eventually forgot about it after a while.
Now I'm back in the game and I've started trading.. making an average of 3% profit per day (excluding weekends, as the market is closed during the weekends).
from just sitting at home trading for the last few weeks, I've made a nice profit of a few hundred dollars.
Using compounding interest, if I am consistently making a 3% profit like this, and good money management, in about 2 years I'll be a multi-millionaire.

I made a post in TTA in the Casual Coffeehouse section asking if anyone else traded Forex. The post was deleted. Is there a reason why they would delete that? I thought that section was for anything...

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
01-09-2015, 10:07 PM
(01-09-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am a professional musician. As such I never work because I love what i do.

As I love the people who make the music. Smile

—Jeremy LaBorde
01-09-2015, 11:36 PM
(01-09-2015 09:54 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I am a professional musician. As such I never work because I love what i do.

I've honestly not really been doing any physics research lately. I started to realize that my financial situation needed to change and my physics hobby was getting in the way.
I was introduced to Forex about 4 1/2 years ago. I spent a good while studying Forex and learning all about it. I eventually forgot about it after a while.
Now I'm back in the game and I've started trading.. making an average of 3% profit per day (excluding weekends, as the market is closed during the weekends).
from just sitting at home trading for the last few weeks, I've made a nice profit of a few hundred dollars.
Using compounding interest, if I am consistently making a 3% profit like this, and good money management, in about 2 years I'll be a multi-millionaire.

I made a post in TTA in the Casual Coffeehouse section asking if anyone else traded Forex. The post was deleted. Is there a reason why they would delete that? I thought that section was for anything...

It wasn't deleted. It was moved to the already on-going Forex thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-09-2015, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 01:32 AM by ideasonscribe.)
(01-09-2015 11:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 09:54 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I've honestly not really been doing any physics research lately. I started to realize that my financial situation needed to change and my physics hobby was getting in the way.

It wasn't deleted. It was moved to the already on-going Forex thread.

WELL then..

I'm off to go find this thread..

Edit: Haven't found it. Eh well..

—Jeremy LaBorde
02-09-2015, 01:46 AM
(01-09-2015 09:54 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Now I'm back in the game and I've started trading.. making an average of 3% profit per day (excluding weekends, as the market is closed during the weekends).

I don't know anything about FOREX but I do know about short run variance. Maybe you are a FOREX savant and you can really sustain daily 3% gains. I'm not going to say you can't. However, I'd bet that you are just running good.....in the short run.....due to happenstance. Get yourself mentally and financially prepared.

Randomness is going to bitch slap you silly.
02-09-2015, 01:59 AM
(01-09-2015 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This is no evidence that confirms it. There are no known "other universes", that we know of. None. Not one. It's complete speculation. We know it acts on galaxies, and changes the way they rotate, and how stars are bound together in this one. THAT is "local", and until something is proven, the assumption that Dark Energy and Dark Matter exist IN THIS UNIVERSE (only) would be the most reasonable assumption. The WMAP probe was supposed to be able find data skewed by other universes. It didn't. We don't know now.

Bucky you should just shut your trap.....before you make yourself look foolish yet again.

Nobody knows what Dark Matter is. The term is undefined, a place holder for our ignorance. It could literally anything. It could be teapots orbiting galaxies for all we know.

Place holders for ignorance are still necessary and useful, even in this age of science. When someone says "God" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. When someone says "Dark Matter" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. Same goes for "Singularity" an many other terms used in completely secular discussions around the world.

Place holders for our ignorance are very useful tools and you shouldn't be afraid to use them.
02-09-2015, 02:06 AM
(01-09-2015 04:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wow Blowme, thanks for outing yourself as a non-religionist. God is a "placeholder" for nothing, unless you buy into "god of the gaps" arguments ... but thanks for admitting you have no relationship with a deity, and you are not really a theist. A deist maybe ?

Yet another atheist who thinks he can read minds and tell others what a theist believes.

In previous threads I have made it known that my beliefs are very deistic. However I do occasionally pray (but I have no expectation my prayers will be answered). I don't believe humans are the purpose of God's creation.