Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 02:13 AM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
Heywood, perhaps you could define god for us all?

Everyone I have met has a different definition. And the bible contradicts itself constantly.

So, enlighten us please.

(02-09-2015 01:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This is no evidence that confirms it. There are no known "other universes", that we know of. None. Not one. It's complete speculation. We know it acts on galaxies, and changes the way they rotate, and how stars are bound together in this one. THAT is "local", and until something is proven, the assumption that Dark Energy and Dark Matter exist IN THIS UNIVERSE (only) would be the most reasonable assumption. The WMAP probe was supposed to be able find data skewed by other universes. It didn't. We don't know now.

Bucky you should just shut your trap.....before you make yourself look foolish yet again.

Nobody knows what Dark Matter is. The term is undefined, a place holder for our ignorance. It could literally anything. It could be teapots orbiting galaxies for all we know.

Place holders for ignorance are still necessary and useful, even in this age of science. When someone says "God" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. When someone says "Dark Matter" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. Same goes for "Singularity" an many other terms used in completely secular discussions around the world.

Place holders for our ignorance are very useful tools and you shouldn't be afraid to use them.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2015, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 02:25 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(02-09-2015 02:13 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Heywood, perhaps you could define god for us all?

Everyone I have met has a different definition. And the bible contradicts itself constantly.

So, enlighten us please.

I gave a definition for Unbeliever. At minimum I believe God is what I defined. A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world. In other words, God rolls the dice for us. This reality needs randomness to work and He supplies it.

What evidence do I have to support the existence of this God? Just some observations of effects that cannot have local causes.
02-09-2015, 02:32 AM
(02-09-2015 02:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  .... At minimum I believe God is what I defined. A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world. In other words, God rolls the dice for us.

What evidence do I have to support the existence of this God? Just some observations of effects that cannot have local causes.

Um... unfortunately.. there are some problems even within thins statement idea.

1) A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world.

Does not actually mean that

2) In other words, God rolls the dice for us.

Are connected.

Edit: As in "Rolling dice" =/= "For us"

'Something rolling dice' is in no way connected to anything remotely regarding or responsible for Human... anything...

Not loving, or kindness, or sharing or caring or well being. Just random... uncontrolled indifference if said entity is simply a 'Dice roller'

Please... enlightened people as to how you some how know your dice roller either(Or both or anything) cares/thinks/etc about humanity... or the myriad other living things within our infinitesimally small pocket of biology on this universally microscopic speck of aggregate matter?
02-09-2015, 02:32 AM
So, nothing?

I require a more detailed definition. You say randomness and god rolls the dice. But god is supposed to know all. So he then chooses how the dice land. God is quoted as saying he creates everything in the bible.

Do you disbelieve in the god of the bible?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
02-09-2015, 02:57 AM
(02-09-2015 02:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you disbelieve in the god of the bible?

To answer this question adequately would require an entire thread. The short answer is I believe the God of the Bible is plausible because I believe every concievable notion of God is plausible.

However when I think about God, and pray. I don't think about a God of love and redemption. I think about a God of logic and reason.
02-09-2015, 03:01 AM
(02-09-2015 02:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 02:32 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Do you disbelieve in the god of the bible?

To answer this question adequately would require an entire thread. The short answer is I believe the God of the Bible is plausible because I believe every concievable notion of God is plausible.

However when I think about God, and pray. I don't think about a God of love and redemption. I think about a God of logic and reason.

Are you a christian?

Banjo.
02-09-2015, 03:06 AM
(02-09-2015 02:32 AM)Peebo[u]thuhul Wrote:  Please... enlightened people as to how you some how know your dice roller either(Or both or anything) cares/thinks/etc about humanity... or the myriad other living things within our infinitesimally small pocket of biology on this universally microscopic speck of aggregate matter?

Earlier in this thread I said I don't think God created this reality for the sake of humanity. Where just an artifact of an emergent complex creation. You may think the universe is old....but really, it is oh so young with an unimaginably long future ahead of it. Humanity, I'm afraid, is probably just a curious artifact. I don't doubt that we are important, but my gut tells me the end goal is something far more greater than humanity.
02-09-2015, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 03:19 AM by houseofcantor.)
(02-09-2015 01:11 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  WELL then..

I'm off to go find this thread..

Edit: Haven't found it. Eh well..

Silly person. Big Grin

forex thread

EDIT for snide commentary Big Grin

Heywood, make yer own thread!

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-09-2015, 06:25 AM
(02-09-2015 03:06 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Earlier in this thread I said I don't think God created this reality for the sake of humanity. Where just an artifact of an emergent complex creation. You may think the universe is old....but really, it is oh so young with an unimaginably long future ahead of it. Humanity, I'm afraid, is probably just a curious artifact. I don't doubt that we are important, but my gut tells me the end goal is something far more greater than humanity.

My gut tells me people who say "more greater" dropped out of 4th Grade.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-09-2015, 10:48 AM
(02-09-2015 02:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  At minimum I believe God is what I defined. A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world.

And, as before, "responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world" is a meaningless non-phrase.

Your definition is worthless.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner