Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 11:18 AM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(02-09-2015 10:48 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 02:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  At minimum I believe God is what I defined. A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world.

And, as before, "responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world" is a meaningless non-phrase.

Your definition is worthless.

Clever of him to say "at minimum", because as stated it's a flavour of panentheism so meaningless I'm stunned anyone would bother. "Existence exists" does not constitute a religious belief. It's like all the pointless religious "arguments" that only "prove" deism. To someone who already has other religious presuppositions, it feels truthy enough to help them sleep at night. To someone who doesn't, it's irrelevant either way.

Give him some credit, though. It's literally making a god out of the gaps. It's pretty special to just say that up front.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
02-09-2015, 11:31 AM
(02-09-2015 01:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 08:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  This is no evidence that confirms it. There are no known "other universes", that we know of. None. Not one. It's complete speculation. We know it acts on galaxies, and changes the way they rotate, and how stars are bound together in this one. THAT is "local", and until something is proven, the assumption that Dark Energy and Dark Matter exist IN THIS UNIVERSE (only) would be the most reasonable assumption. The WMAP probe was supposed to be able find data skewed by other universes. It didn't. We don't know now.

Bucky you should just shut your trap.....before you make yourself look foolish yet again.

Nobody knows what Dark Matter is. The term is undefined, a place holder for our ignorance. It could literally anything. It could be teapots orbiting galaxies for all we know.

Place holders for ignorance are still necessary and useful, even in this age of science. When someone says "God" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. When someone says "Dark Matter" we have a general idea of what they are talking about. Same goes for "Singularity" an many other terms used in completely secular discussions around the world.

Place holders for our ignorance are very useful tools and you shouldn't be afraid to use them.

But you seem to know quite a lot about this "place holder" in your previous post. But thinks for providing so fucking much ignorance in one place that everything you have ever said on TTA is now colored by that level of ignorance that even we could not have imagined of you. And I did notice you did not try to defend even ONE of your claims about Dark Matter.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-09-2015, 11:33 AM
(02-09-2015 02:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  At minimum I believe God is what I defined. A non-local causal agent responsible for stuff happening at a fundamental level in our world.

Well in that case, tell the fucker "thanks" for all the pain and misery it's responsible for.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-09-2015, 12:49 PM
(02-09-2015 11:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Clever of him to say "at minimum", because as stated it's a flavour of panentheism so meaningless I'm stunned anyone would bother. "Existence exists" does not constitute a religious belief. It's like all the pointless religious "arguments" that only "prove" deism. To someone who already has other religious presuppositions, it feels truthy enough to help them sleep at night. To someone who doesn't, it's irrelevant either way.

Hey Mcfly? Where have you been? Since I first came on the forum I have said constantly I don't argue religious beliefs.
02-09-2015, 12:54 PM
(02-09-2015 11:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well in that case, tell the fucker "thanks" for all the pain and misery it's responsible for.

Here we go again, another atheists whining about pain and misery. I swear this place is full of crying babies.

Anyways, Pain and misery evolved presumably because they convey an advantage. Just like we are better off as a species because we have vision, we are also better off as a species because we can feel pain/ have the capacity to suffer.
02-09-2015, 01:02 PM
(02-09-2015 12:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:18 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Clever of him to say "at minimum", because as stated it's a flavour of panentheism so meaningless I'm stunned anyone would bother. "Existence exists" does not constitute a religious belief. It's like all the pointless religious "arguments" that only "prove" deism. To someone who already has other religious presuppositions, it feels truthy enough to help them sleep at night. To someone who doesn't, it's irrelevant either way.

Hey Mcfly? Where have you been? Since I first came on the forum I have said constantly I don't argue religious beliefs.

No, just a series of very stupid arguments (miracles, irreducible complexity, randomness) which are historically associated with bad apologetics for what I'm sure are purely coincidental reasons.

Did you actually understand my point? This one in particular is an exemplary dead end among dead ends. There is no reason to do so unless you're trying to shore up a pre-existing conception of god.

02-09-2015, 01:14 PM
(02-09-2015 01:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 12:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Hey Mcfly? Where have you been? Since I first came on the forum I have said constantly I don't argue religious beliefs.

No, just a series of very stupid arguments (miracles, irreducible complexity, randomness) which are historically associated with bad apologetics for what I'm sure are purely coincidental reasons.

Did you actually understand my point? This one in particular is an exemplary dead end among dead ends. There is no reason to do so unless you're trying to shore up a pre-existing conception of god.

Lets suppose you are correct with your point. It is irrelevant. Instead of making a point about the topic of discussion, you make a point about me. Please forgive me for ignoring your attempt to change the subject.
03-09-2015, 09:57 AM
(02-09-2015 12:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 11:33 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well in that case, tell the fucker "thanks" for all the pain and misery it's responsible for.

Here we go again, another atheists whining about pain and misery. I swear this place is full of crying babies.

Anyways, Pain and misery evolved presumably because they convey an advantage. Just like we are better off as a species because we have vision, we are also better off as a species because we can feel pain/ have the capacity to suffer.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Explain how a 7 year old dying of cancer confers an advantage. Nice how, in one post, you claim your fucking deity is responsible for things, and in the next, side-step the inevitable questions that flow from that claim. You really are a complete idiot. You really are not a theist. You are, however, a moron.

03-09-2015, 10:30 AM
(03-09-2015 09:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 12:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Here we go again, another atheists whining about pain and misery. I swear this place is full of crying babies.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Explain how a 7 year old dying of cancer confers an advantage. Nice how, in one post, you claim your fucking deity is responsible for things, and in the next, side-step the inevitable questions that flow from that claim. You really are a complete idiot. You really are not a theist. You are, however, a moron.

Same answer they're always forced to give:
I can't imagine how to keep the benefits while preventing the drawbacks, therefore God couldn't either.

Because that's compelling.

Or, alternatively, the ol' "BUT, when I say God is good, I really mean that good is God, and therefore your puny human understanding of human terms don't apply, but my incommunicable and ineffable subjective intuitive understanding does, thus rendering futile any attempt to describe my Godfeels before I begin, but I do it anyway because it makes me feel good with my ingroup to bleat shibboleths to each other".

Take your pick!

[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
03-09-2015, 10:32 AM
(01-09-2015 09:54 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I was introduced to Forex about 4 1/2 years ago. I spent a good while studying Forex and learning all about it. I eventually forgot about it after a while.
Now I'm back in the game and I've started trading.. making an average of 3% profit per day (excluding weekends, as the market is closed during the weekends).
from just sitting at home trading for the last few weeks, I've made a nice profit of a few hundred dollars.
Using compounding interest, if I am consistently making a 3% profit like this, and good money management, in about 2 years I'll be a multi-millionaire.

I made a post in TTA in the Casual Coffeehouse section asking if anyone else traded Forex. The post was deleted. Is there a reason why they would delete that? I thought that section was for anything...

That sounds like you've approached it rationally. Don't let the ney-sayers (who know absolutely nothing about trading or Forex) get you doubting. You have the proof it works in your hands. Eventually, you may find 3% per day, is pretty low, but if you keep meticulous records, and see what works, you can concentrate on the most probable trades. My brothers made their own fortunes trading ... and have actually retired from trading now, and spend their time on other things. They are about 30.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post