Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(03-09-2015 10:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My brothers made their own fortunes trading ... and have actually retired from trading now, and spend their time on other things. They are about 30.

But you guys were already rich. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2015, 11:05 AM
(03-09-2015 10:37 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 10:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My brothers made their own fortunes trading ... and have actually retired from trading now, and spend their time on other things. They are about 30.

But you guys were already rich. Tongue

Yabut, they had something to prove, (for that reason), and segregated the funds. They readily admit the best thing they (we) got was a family that values education more than anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-09-2015, 10:28 AM
(03-09-2015 09:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-09-2015 12:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Here we go again, another atheists whining about pain and misery. I swear this place is full of crying babies.

Anyways, Pain and misery evolved presumably because they convey an advantage. Just like we are better off as a species because we have vision, we are also better off as a species because we can feel pain/ have the capacity to suffer.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Explain how a 7 year old dying of cancer confers an advantage. Nice how, in one post, you claim your fucking deity is responsible for things, and in the next, side-step the inevitable questions that flow from that claim. You really are a complete idiot. You really are not a theist. You are, however, a moron.

I forgive you for calling me a moron and idiot. I hope one day you will abandon the use of childish insults. Please pay attention to what is written and respond to that. Don't make stuff up and then respond to to your fantasy.

I never said cancer conferred an advantage. I said pain and suffering confer an advantage.....which is why they evolved in the first place. In fact the inability to feel pain is a serious medical condition which requires treatment.
08-09-2015, 10:31 AM
(03-09-2015 10:30 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Same answer they're always forced to give:
I can't imagine how to keep the benefits while preventing the drawbacks, therefore God couldn't either.

It the same answer we give when atheists claim that pain and suffering are undesirable. Of course that claim is moronic and it is trivially easy to show that it is moronic.
08-09-2015, 10:51 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 10:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(08-09-2015 10:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
I can't imagine how to keep the benefits while preventing the drawbacks, therefore God couldn't either.

It the same answer we give when atheists claim that pain and suffering are undesirable. Of course that claim is moronic and it is trivially easy to show that it is moronic.

It is trivially easy to demonstrate that the perception of pain confers an advantage, (for example in the avoidance of some harmful things .. although a really smart god could have figured out another way to do that, instead of buring people with 3rd degree burns over 90 % of their bodies ... a little excessive, but then your god is as stupid as you are ... yet you disingenuously conflate that sort of simplistic (obvious) notion with the idea that a child suffering and dying from cancer, thus causing his/her parents, as well as itself experiencing great pain, confers some sort of advantage. If THAT is "trivially easy" to show, lets hear it NOW. What advantage, EXACTLY, does the pain and anguish children dying from cancer confer ? How is it conferred, and what advantage does it give ? Be very specific.

(And BTW, if I need any advice from the likes of a -51, (+/- 1) I'll be sure and ask).

Peopl who REALLY 'forgive" things, don't count them up, and wear them on their sleeve. You are a fucking self-rigteous liar. But have a good day anyhoo. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-09-2015, 11:33 AM
(08-09-2015 10:51 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It is trivially easy to demonstrate that the perception of pain confers an advantage, (for example in the avoidance of some harmful things .. although a really smart god could have figured out another way to do that, instead of buring people with 3rd degree burns over 90 % of their bodies ... a little excessive, but then your god is as stupid as you are ... yet you disingenuously conflate that sort of simplistic (obvious) notion with the idea that a child suffering and dying from cancer, thus causing his/her parents, as well as itself experiencing great pain, confers some sort of advantage. If THAT is "trivially easy" to show, lets hear it NOW. What advantage, EXACTLY, does the pain and anguish children dying from cancer confer ? How is it conferred, and what advantage does it give ? Be very specific.

(And BTW, if I need any advice from the likes of a -51, (+/- 1) I'll be sure and ask).

Peopl who REALLY 'forgive" things, don't count them up, and wear them on their sleeve. You are a fucking self-rigteous liar. But have a good day anyhoo. Tongue

Couple of spelling errors in there Bucky....I'd warn you about the spelling police....but since you are them....you'll just give yourself a pass.

I forgive you for calling me a self righteous liar.

Regarding you pointing out that I am -51, this is simply an ad hominem attack that you employ when you have nothing else.

Regarding the actual content of your post. Do you see what you have done? You acknowledge that pain and suffering are advantageous but "excessive". All you are doing is making a value statement and not a logical rational argument. "There is excessive pain and suffering in the world so God must not exist". Why is it so many of you atheists think you can be good judges on determining the optimal amount of pain and suffering? Just because you would have made the world different doesn't mean there was no creator. In fact it is outright silly to think a creator would make the world just as you think it should be made.

When I was a kid we tested each others tolerance to pain. I'm sure if there was less pain and suffering in this world, we probably would have seriously hurt each other.
08-09-2015, 11:55 AM
At work.

Above post is equivocation (Possibly?)

It doesn't answrr5 the question of how one learns from dying of the pain (+symptoms) of cancer.
08-09-2015, 12:07 PM
(08-09-2015 11:55 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

It doesn't answrr5 the question of how one learns from dying of the pain (+symptoms) of cancer.

Pain and suffering have been great motivators for humanity. Would we have bothered to master fire if we didn't get cold?

But I hope you can see Bucky's "argument", that pain and suffering are excessive, isn't really an argument at all. It is just an opinion.
08-09-2015, 12:10 PM
(08-09-2015 10:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Pain confers an advantage, but suffering does not. Suffering is an emergent property of pain and consciousness.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
08-09-2015, 12:12 PM
(08-09-2015 12:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 11:55 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Pain and suffering have been great motivators for humanity. Would we have bothered to master fire if we didn't get cold?

But I hope you can see Bucky's "argument", that pain and suffering are excessive, isn't really an argument at all. It is just an opinion.

Please explain how the pain and suffering of parasitic diseases, especially in children, is not excessive.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]