Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 01:21 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(08-09-2015 10:31 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 10:30 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Same answer they're always forced to give:
I can't imagine how to keep the benefits while preventing the drawbacks, therefore God couldn't either.

It the same answer we give when atheists claim that pain and suffering are undesirable. Of course that claim is moronic and it is trivially easy to show that it is moronic.

That answer - at best - can suggest that you do not know how to make things any better. So what?

You're thus stuck arguing for the best of all possible worlds. Have fun with that.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 01:33 PM
(08-09-2015 01:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That answer - at best - can suggest that you do not know how to make things any better. So what?

You're thus stuck arguing for the best of all possible worlds. Have fun with that.

I'm not arguing for the best of all possible worlds. You are just strawmanning.

What I am doing is tearing down the atheist's argument, that because pain and suffering exists a "good" God cannot exist. All such arguments made by atheists amount to just the rendering of a subjective opinion. "God didn't make the world the way I would have made it so He can't exist." They are silly arguments and shouldn't be entertained. They certainly should not be relied upon to come to the conclusion that God does not exist.

I think it is silly to apply labels like "good" or "bad" to God. Those labels only convey our feelings and say nothing about His existence or lack thereof.
08-09-2015, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 02:27 PM by Octapulse.)
So let me ask you this, and forgive me if somebody has already asked this, I don't have time at the moment to wade through 35 pages to catch up:

Why can't weirdness at the quantum level be autonomous of a divine being? I am presuming that by weirdness you are referring to how sub-atomic activities tend to not follow the observed laws of the macro world in which we live such as electrons popping in and out of existence. Why is this weird? Because it's unexpected? Or because we can't explain it? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are referencing the later as the definition of weirdness. Do you believe that because we can't explain all of the quantum weirdness. . . therefore god? To do so would be an argument out of ignorance. Just because we don't currently have an explanation does not mean there isn't one outside the realm of woo

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
08-09-2015, 02:23 PM
(08-09-2015 11:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a self righteous liar.

I don't forgive you for being a self-righteous buffoon.

Quote:Regarding you pointing out that I am -51, this is simply an ad hominem attack that you employ when you have nothing else.

No. It's the consensus here, you add nothing but garbage to this forum. But I do get why you NEED to hang out here. theists won't have your nonsense either, since you're some sort of bizarre deist that prays to it's god.

Quote:Regarding the actual content of your post. Do you see what you have done? You acknowledge that pain and suffering are advantageous but "excessive". All you are doing is making a value statement and not a logical rational argument. "There is excessive pain and suffering in the world so God must not exist". Why is it so many of you atheists think you can be good judges on determining the optimal amount of pain and suffering? Just because you would have made the world different doesn't mean there was no creator. In fact it is outright silly to think a creator would make the world just as you think it should be made.

You totally EVADED the question. WHAT GOOD does it do for children to starve, and suffer and die ? Answer the fucking question.

Quote:When I was a kid we tested each others tolerance to pain. I'm sure if there was less pain and suffering in this world, we probably would have seriously hurt each other.

I can't help it if you were just as nuts then too as you obviously are now. Facepalm
Weeping

Everyone can see you CLAIM there is an advantage conferred, yet are totally incapable of telling us what that is. You are a charlatan. A fraud, and a fake.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-09-2015, 02:26 PM
(08-09-2015 01:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I think it is silly to apply labels like "good" or "bad" to God. Those labels only convey our feelings and say nothing about His existence or lack thereof.

What labels *can* you apply to God hmmm? And on what basis would you allege that these labels are correct?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-09-2015, 02:32 PM
(08-09-2015 02:07 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  So let me ask you this, and forgive me if somebody has already asked this, I don't have time at the moment to wade through 35 pages to catch up:

Why can't weirdness at the quantum level be autonomous of a divine being? I am presuming that by weirdness you are referring to how sub-atomic activities tend to not follow the observed laws of the macro world in which we live such as electrons popping in and out of existence. Why is this weird? Because it's unexpected? Or because we can't explain it? I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you are referencing the later as the definition of weirdness. Do you believe that because we can't explain all of the quantum weirdness. . . therefore god? To do so would be an argument out of ignorance. Just because we don't currently have an explanation does not mean there isn't one outside the realm of woo

Oops, never mind. I see Blow Job derailed the thread with his bullshit again . . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
08-09-2015, 03:05 PM
(08-09-2015 02:07 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  So let me ask you this, and forgive me if somebody has already asked this, I don't have time at the moment to wade through 35 pages to catch up:

It is not an argument out of ignorance. We know some effects do not have local causes. We know this. It is something we are not ignorant about but rather a known fact. If you don't understand that, you cannot understand the argument.

Observing effects which do not have local causes is an observation that one should expect to see if God exists. If God exists we should see things which do not have natural explanations and cannot have natural explanations. On the quantum level we do observe effects which do not have natural explanations and cannot have natural explanations.

Does this prove God's existence? No. However the atheistic claim that there are no observations in nature which suggest the existence of the supernatural is clearly false. Reality contains an element that is here with us, but cannot be accessed by us. Yet, that element can cause effects we can observe.
08-09-2015, 03:07 PM
(08-09-2015 03:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Observing effects which do not have local causes is an observation that one should expect to see if God exists.

And also if he does not, as quantum mechanics explains.

(08-09-2015 03:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If God exists we should see things which do not have natural explanations and cannot have natural explanations. On the quantum level we do observe effects which do not have natural explanations and cannot have natural explanations.

No, we don't.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
08-09-2015, 03:10 PM
(08-09-2015 02:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 11:33 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me a self righteous liar.

I don't forgive you for being a self-righteous buffoon.

Quote:Regarding you pointing out that I am -51, this is simply an ad hominem attack that you employ when you have nothing else.

No. It's the consensus here, you add nothing but garbage to this forum. But I do get why you NEED to hang out here. theists won't have your nonsense either, since you're some sort of bizarre deist that prays to it's god.

Quote:Regarding the actual content of your post. Do you see what you have done? You acknowledge that pain and suffering are advantageous but "excessive". All you are doing is making a value statement and not a logical rational argument. "There is excessive pain and suffering in the world so God must not exist". Why is it so many of you atheists think you can be good judges on determining the optimal amount of pain and suffering? Just because you would have made the world different doesn't mean there was no creator. In fact it is outright silly to think a creator would make the world just as you think it should be made.

You totally EVADED the question. WHAT GOOD does it do for children to starve, and suffer and die ? Answer the fucking question.

Quote:When I was a kid we tested each others tolerance to pain. I'm sure if there was less pain and suffering in this world, we probably would have seriously hurt each other.

I can't help it if you were just as nuts then too as you obviously are now. Facepalm
Weeping

Everyone can see you CLAIM there is an advantage conferred, yet are totally incapable of telling us what that is. You are a charlatan. A fraud, and a fake.

I forgive you for saying those nasty things.

You yourself admitted that there is an advantage to feeling pain. You just claimed the amount of pain we can experience is excessive therefore no God(which is a silly argument). Now you are asking me to show that feeling pain confers an advantage. Why should we argue what has already been settled? You're just trolling now.
08-09-2015, 03:14 PM
(08-09-2015 03:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 02:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't forgive you for being a self-righteous buffoon.

Weeping

I forgive you for saying those nasty things.

You yourself admitted that there is an advantage to feeling pain. You just claimed the amount of pain we can experience is excessive therefore no God(which is a silly argument). Now you are asking me to show that feeling pain confers an advantage. Why should we argue what has already been settled? You're just trolling now.

It's not pain that is excessive, it is pain that is the result of unnecessary causes that is excessive.

Please tell us what survival advantage is provided by parasitic diseases.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]