Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(09-09-2015 02:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Matter which does not seem to interact with light seems to be the most plausible explanation for the observed gravity. A non local causal agent seems to be the most plausible explanation for the observed effects that cannot have local causes.

This is still not evidence for the existence of a god.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 03:43 PM
(09-09-2015 03:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 02:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Matter which does not seem to interact with light seems to be the most plausible explanation for the observed gravity. A non local causal agent seems to be the most plausible explanation for the observed effects that cannot have local causes.

This is still not evidence for the existence of a god.

Apparently not for the incredulous.

It is evidence because the observation moves the needle closer to 1 or 0.
09-09-2015, 03:47 PM
(09-09-2015 03:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:37 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  This is still not evidence for the existence of a god.

Apparently not for the incredulous.

Except using a god of the gaps explanation or reasoning isn't sound evidence to make any needle shift.

An asserted potential cause without evidence.. isn't evidence for something else.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-09-2015, 03:50 PM
(09-09-2015 03:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Apparently not for the incredulous.

It isn't evidence for anyone, because it fails to move the needle either way.

Non-local causal relationships can exist with or without a deity.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
09-09-2015, 04:00 PM
(09-09-2015 03:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:43 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Apparently not for the incredulous.

Except using a god of the gaps explanation or reasoning isn't sound evidence to make any needle shift.

An asserted potential cause without evidence.. isn't evidence for something else.

Except that it is not God of the Gaps reasoning. There is no gap in our knowledge. We know these effects do not have local causes. We know that effects map to causes. A non-local causal agent is a valid explanation and not one just because "we don't know". If a non-local causal agent is a gap explanation, so is many worlds and so is irreducible randomness, and so is dark matter.
09-09-2015, 04:01 PM
(09-09-2015 03:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Non-local causal relationships can exist with or without a deity.

Prove this claim you just made.
09-09-2015, 04:03 PM
(09-09-2015 04:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:47 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Except using a god of the gaps explanation or reasoning isn't sound evidence to make any needle shift.

Except that it is not God of the Gaps reasoning. There is no gap in our knowledge. We know these effects do not have local causes. We know that effects maps to causes. A non-local causal agent is a valid explanation and not one just because "we don't know". If a non-local causal agent is a gap explanation, so is many worlds and so is irreducible randomness, and so is dark matter.

No-one has said that a non-local causal agent is not a valid explanation. What we are being quite skeptical about is your insistence that "non-local causal agent" = God. That doesn't follow. And it is "God of the gaps" reasoning.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
09-09-2015, 04:45 PM
(09-09-2015 04:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 03:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Non-local causal relationships can exist with or without a deity.

Prove this claim you just made.

You have it precisely backwards.

Assuming that non-local causal relationships exist, we have no evidence to support the idea that their existence mandates a deity to cause them. The burden of proof is upon you.

09-09-2015, 04:46 PM
(09-09-2015 04:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Except that it is not God of the Gaps reasoning.

It's not reasoning at all. It's bare assertion.

"Non-local causal relationships exist because a wizard did it" is not particularly compelling.

09-09-2015, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 09:42 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-09-2015 04:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Except that it is not God of the Gaps reasoning. There is no gap in our knowledge. We know these effects do not have local causes. We know that effects map to causes.

Your sample size of universes is 1. You have enothing to "map to" except observations AFTER the universe was created from inside it. You have nothing.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.