Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Quantum and Digital Physics argument for the existence of God.
(11-09-2015 08:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddam, I don't know if you are a man or a woman but it don't matter because my dick is hard.

Didn't we have a discussion about you talking about your dick? Oh my freaking Gwynnies. Laugh out load

I thought she was a girl, FWIW. Undecided

She....is a he.....all you gotta do is look at his member profile.

About 23 years old I would guess.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2015, 09:10 PM
(11-09-2015 09:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:51 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Didn't we have a discussion about you talking about your dick? Oh my freaking Gwynnies. Laugh out load

I thought she was a girl, FWIW. Undecided

She....is a he.

About 23 years old I would guess.

I don't even like you. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2015, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 09:56 PM by ZoraPrime.)
(11-09-2015 08:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 08:04 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  The modern interpretation has always been quantum mechanics is random xor ... there's a global deterministic variable

Why exclusive or? Why must it be one or the other but not both? HouseOfCantor is currently negotiating with the Gwynnies on this very point. Big Grin

Strictly speaking, a global stochastic theory isn't ruled out as far as I'm aware. It's just not ever really considered.

(11-09-2015 08:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Goddam, I don't know if you are a man or a woman but it don't matter because my dick is hard.

I'm a dude.

(11-09-2015 08:42 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Zoraprime,

I understand quantum mechanics is a probabilistic theory. Any theory based on incomplete information is going to be probabilistic. But just because the theory is probabilistic doesn't mean reality is. It doesn't even suggest it. Stochasticity is an artifact of the model....not reality.

Suppose you awake and find yourself trapped in a room with no entrances and exits. One one wall is button. You push it and out pops a food puck. However, every once in a while you get an electric shocked.

After many times of pushing the button you develop a probabilistic theory about the reality youf find yourself in. The theory concludes that you will get shocked 1 in 6 times. Now does that mean the button is irreducibly random? No, it means there is a dick on the otherside of the wall who shocks you after taking a die and rolling a 6(or what ever number the dick chooses to be the shock number).

There are problems though with asserting it's deterministic. This is why Bell's Inequality is important--it shows that superposition must exist since electron spin (along a particularly axis) is non-binary. The two paths experiment also shows that superposition exists by having a photon (or electron or whatever) interfere with itself to have a measurable. We cannot observe superposition, and many experiments (e.g. double slit) show that measuring a superposition returns a characteristic state (AKA "not a superposition").

If you want to say that superposition states are "observable," you head straight into the many-worlds interpretation, which while deterministic and consistent with relativity, has many worlds (as the name implies). If MWI were true, we'd be in the sort of world where asking "what would (probably) happen if I tossed this ball straight up" loses any meaning because worlds where the ball goes up and away forever and comes back down are both realized. I'm honestly not convinced how this is a more 'intuitive' explanation than saying QM is stochastic.
[+] 2 users Like ZoraPrime's post
11-09-2015, 09:22 PM
(11-09-2015 09:19 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  I'm a dude.

Fuck me. My dick's still hard. Weeping

#sigh
11-09-2015, 09:24 PM
(11-09-2015 09:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girly, go sit in the corner. Laugh out load

living word
11-09-2015, 09:28 PM
(11-09-2015 09:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

My boyfriend said that before. Angel
11-09-2015, 09:29 PM
(11-09-2015 09:24 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fuck me. My dick's still hard. Weeping

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Girly, go sit in the corner. Laugh out load

[Image: dunce_cap.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-09-2015, 09:33 PM
(11-09-2015 09:28 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fuck me. My dick's still hard. Weeping

My boyfriend said that before. Angel

So you're a homosexual dude? I was thinking you were a girl claiming to be a guy 'cause of creeps like girly. Glad we didn't scare you away. Place is pretty silly at times. Wink

living word
11-09-2015, 09:35 PM
I second GirlyMan's sentiment, but it's worth reiterating that it still doesn't actually matter so far as the argument Heywood is trying to put forth is concerned.

Whether quantum mechanics is truly random or there is some form of global deterministic variable present, it is not evidence for the existence of a god.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM
(11-09-2015 09:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(11-09-2015 09:28 PM)ZoraPrime Wrote:  My boyfriend said that before. Angel

So you're a homosexual dude? I was thinking you were a girl claiming to be a guy 'cause of creeps like girly. Glad we didn't scare you away. Place is pretty silly at times. Wink

I'm gay. I'm honestly not sure why people thought I was a girl. Maybe they think my avatar as a girl too? Confused

In either case, I'm used to silliness.