Queen Elizabeth is in the Freemason!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2011, 02:16 PM
RE: Queen Elizabeth is in the Freemason!!!
(29-10-2011 11:56 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  They're useful for tourism, not much else.

I've never bought that argument. Tourists come to see the historic buildings etc the things that would still be there if the royal family was done away with. The idea that they bring in tourists is ridiculous. The times when they are seen by the public are so rare that it's negligible if any money is made from them. They cost more than they have ever brought in.

The monarchy is an outdated remnant of a now non existant dictatorship the sooner they are done away with the better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-10-2011, 04:02 PM
(29-10-2011 04:57 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(29-10-2011 12:08 AM)Karl Wrote:  Superstitions? Bah!
I’m not superstitious…
And I believe it brings bad luck if you are…

And you can’t be a free mason if you’re a woman.

Not superstitious? and you believe it it brings bad luck if you are.?
Are you just joking? If not can you see what is wrong with that sentence?

I’m joking, if I thought like that I’m on the wrong forum!

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
29-10-2011, 05:15 PM
(29-10-2011 02:16 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I've never bought that argument. Tourists come to see the historic buildings etc the things that would still be there if the royal family was done away with. The idea that they bring in tourists is ridiculous. The times when they are seen by the public are so rare that it's negligible if any money is made from them. They cost more than they have ever brought in.

The monarchy is an outdated remnant of a now non existant dictatorship the sooner they are done away with the better.

You can't deny the international interest in the royals. Just think about how many people watched Wills and Kate earlier this year.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-10-2011, 06:41 PM
That doesn't bring in tourists though. Like I said a rare occasion.
To be fair the people who seemed most interested in it did seem to be from abroad.
I honestly don't know anyone who cared about the wedding which is a shock since I know a fair few royalists and they genuinely couldn't have cared less.

The wedding was a rip off how is it fair that two millionaires get their wedding paid for them from taxes. That money could be better spent on one of the many under funded projects and organisations in this country most of which had their budgets cut about the same time.

@Karl my appoligies. You can't always tell what's a joke and what isn't as we get all sorts of people posting here. Some are just like that.
29-10-2011, 06:45 PM
(29-10-2011 06:41 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  That doesn't bring in tourists though. Like I said a rare occasion.
To be fair the people who seemed most interested in it did seem to be from abroad.
I honestly don't know anyone who cared about the wedding which is a shock since I know a fair few royalists and they genuinely couldn't have cared less.

The wedding was a rip off how is it fair that two millionaires get their wedding paid for them from taxes. That money could be better spent on one of the many under funded projects and organisations in this country most of which had their budgets cut about the same time.

@Karl my appoligies. You can't always tell what's a joke and what isn't as we get all sorts of people posting here. Some are just like that.

To be honest I just enjoyed the street parties. One of my neighbours had one and it was great Big Grin!

PS. I'm a little drunk so if I make no sense then it's my bad, just tell me I'm being a dick Big Grin that applies to all my posts for the rest of the night.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
30-10-2011, 06:01 AM
(29-10-2011 06:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  To be honest I just enjoyed the street parties. One of my neighbours had one and it was great Big Grin!

PS. I'm a little drunk so if I make no sense then it's my bad, just tell me I'm being a dick Big Grin that applies to all my posts for the rest of the night.

I wouldn't have know you were drunk if you hadn't said. Your spelling and stuff was fine.
The only party here that I know of was an unofficial party in kelvingrove park which ended up being broken up by the police after some thugs started throwing bottles.
30-10-2011, 07:54 PM
(30-10-2011 06:01 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  I wouldn't have know you were drunk if you hadn't said. Your spelling and stuff was fine.
The only party here that I know of was an unofficial party in kelvingrove park which ended up being broken up by the police after some thugs started throwing bottles.

I suppose it wasn't quite the celebration on your side of the border as we had here. When I think about it though I can imagine Scotland not being overly pro-royal.

Best
Worst
30-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Ive got a guilotine knocking about if anybody wants to borrow it.........Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
31-10-2011, 10:06 AM
RE: Queen Elizabeth is in the Freemason!!
(30-10-2011 07:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I suppose it wasn't quite the celebration on your side of the border as we had here. When I think about it though I can imagine Scotland not being overly pro-royal.

The royalists I Was refering to are actually from northern Ireland on the loyalist side. So the royals get their loyalty and they couldn't have cared less about the wedding.

The thing about the Scotland and royalty, depending on which sect of Christianity you are from largly reflects how you feel about the royals. The supporters of the royals tend to be Protestant, and the people against them tend to be Catholics.

It's very clear to me that many of them don't have a clue about their own faith (I've met Protestants who say they don't believe in Jesus but still say they are Protestants, clearly missing the point on being a Christian) and about why they support or dislike the royals. Many just take it as I'm catholic/Protestant so I must hate/support the royals because that's what my faith seems to do.

It's ridiculous really. You also get the troubles in Ireland spilling over to here on a smaller scale just because someone is descended from the Irish or because they are of a certain sect of Christianity. You even get people who support one team or another based on that to.

Bemore I like your thinking viva la revolution Tongue
01-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I hate to break it to you, but Queen Elizabeth is 400 years dead... little hard to be a freemason when you're dead.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post