Questining God's authority over us and God's right to Judge us after our death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 01:37 PM by IndianAtheist.)
Questining God's authority over us and God's right to Judge us after our death
Ignoring all the logical paradoxes i've just discussed here let's assume that such a God exists and he created life.

Why should we worship/praise/adore/love him ? just because he created life ? isn't life just an inherent thing which gets passed onto generations ?

And besides my ancestors gave me life too and yet i don't even know their names let alone having an idea about their character or looks.. "love" is something very personal and intimate it can only be shared with people you know very well about.

So how am i supposed to "love" or "Worship" something that i know absolutely nothing about ?

Secondly how does God have any authority to judge anything ? God knows my entire life before i am even born and yet judges me after my death ?

If God knows everyone's future before they're even born then why does he judge them ? what reason does he have to do this ?

its like making a blind kid enter Olympics and when he fails i shame him because he didn't win the gold medal.

OF COURSE the blind kid NEVER HAD A CHANCE ! i know that why should i shame the blind kid for my mistake for expecting him to win a gold medal in archery ?

And this "Free will" is an paradoxical concept.

Everyone has as much as free will as that Blind kid had "Free will" to win a gold medal in archery.

What are the odds of blind kid winning a gold medal ? 1/10 ? 1/1000 1/10,000 ? and what are the odds of being born in the "Correct" religion ? i'm afraid its the same odds as the blind kid winning a gold medal in archery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Questining God's authority over us and God's right to Judge us after our death
All good questions and certainly worth asking.

good luck

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-11-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Questining God's authority over us and God's right to Judge us after our death
(21-11-2013 01:21 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Ignoring all the logical paradoxes i've just discussed here let's assume that such a God exists and he created life.

Why should we worship/praise/adore/love him ? just because he created life ? isn't life just an inherent thing which gets passed onto generations ?

And besides my ancestors gave me life too and yet i don't even know their names let alone having an idea about their character or looks.. "love" is something very personal and intimate it can only be shared with people you know very well about.

So how am i supposed to "love" or "Worship" something that i know absolutely nothing about ?

Secondly how does God have any authority to judge anything ? God knows my entire life before i am even born and yet judges me after my death ?

If God knows everyone's future before they're even born then why does he judge them ? what reason does he have to do this ?

its like making a blind kid enter Olympics and when he fails i shame him because he didn't win the gold medal.

OF COURSE the blind kid NEVER HAD A CHANCE ! i know that why should i shame the blind kid for my mistake for expecting him to win a gold medal in archery ?

Everyone has as much as free will as that Blind kid had "Free will" to win a gold medal in archery.

What are the odds of blind kid winning a gold medal ? 1/10 ? 1/1000 1/10,000 ? and what are the odds of being born in the "Correct" religion ? i'm afraid its the same odds as the blind kid winning a gold medal in archery.

Taking your questions together,

You are judging God yet not questioning why we must love God. Also, you are saying God cannot judge you and must show you only love and benevolence.

Flip those two, let God judge people (His omniscience makes Him a valid judge of character) and let's talk about the love of God and your love for Him.
21-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Let's talk about sparkly pink unicorns.
There is as much evidence to think they judge us, as there is for Xbalanque doing that.
Oops. Wrong god.
Never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
21-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I never assume God exists, it makes for pointless discussions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-11-2013, 02:24 PM
YAFWT Angel

And is this thing supposed to be a butt?!? Exclamation
21-11-2013, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 03:21 PM by IndianAtheist.)
(21-11-2013 01:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  You are judging God yet not questioning why we must love God.
That's what i did actually why should i love God when he's nobody ? when he's not up and personal how can i relate to such a being ? love is a personal feeling and i'm not personal with God and neither is anyone else.
Quote:Also, you are saying God cannot judge you and must show you only love and benevolence.
God's LOVE&BENEVOLENCE ?
[Image: FiEDMUer0m1tD413sGug6Ki39FygVnymBUh9v-LT...80-h382-no]
[Image: 71ywk5YnEJiGx-l1Ak6WDyErooYovVNCuS0ByOSm...80-h360-no]
[Image: download.jpg]
[Image: xRtzVPEOC2htYh9NREWbUExJS4-sDA2eD9wQ1Xl0...76-h356-no]
SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT AGAIN !?
Quote:Flip those two, let God judge people (His omniscience makes Him a valid judge of character)
His Omniscience is the EXACT reason why he cannot judge me.

If he gave birth to me well knowingly that i will kill people Then WHY DOES HE PUNISH ME FOR THAT ??

Does he give birth to people just to punish them ? it seems like the case here God is just a psychopath.
He knows people's future before they are even born so he's just as guilty as the person he's judging.
Quote:and let's talk about the love of God and your love for Him.
Which God ?

Greek pantheon of Gods ? Or hindu pantheon of Gods ? or the blood loving psychopathic God of the Bible&Qumran ? or the great Ju ju at the bottom of the sea ?
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
21-11-2013, 03:07 PM
(21-11-2013 01:52 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 01:21 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Ignoring all the logical paradoxes i've just discussed here let's assume that such a God exists and he created life.

Taking your questions together,

You are judging God yet not questioning why we must love God. Also, you are saying God cannot judge you and must show you only love and benevolence.

Flip those two, let God judge people (His omniscience makes Him a valid judge of character) and let's talk about the love of God and your love for Him.

How about No........... just No. God's "love" is something mankind invented in order to ensure his special status in the universe. You're a screaming example of how bad that theory works.
LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-11-2013, 03:10 PM
(21-11-2013 01:59 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Let's talk about sparkly pink unicorns.
There is as much evidence to think they judge us, as there is for Xbalanque doing that.
Oops. Wrong god.
Never mind.

And why are you minimizing Indian Atheist's sincere existensial questions? He asked re: god or the god concept, I answered.

BB, be nice.
21-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Bhai,
When I get frustrated arguing with a theist, I find that a nice chai and perhaps a samosa or two makes everything better.
Doc