Question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 03:16 AM
Shocked Question?
Huh
Why is impossible for most, not all, atheists to respond to the answer of a Christian to a quetion without insults and ridicule?

If you ask someone if they think it's going to rain tomorrow and they say no, do you then say "What? WTF is wrong with you? Can't you see the clouds rolling in and feel the temperature change? How stupic an you be?"

You may disagree with a Christians answer and think it stupid but why do you have to go into a coniption fit?

I'd really like a serious answer to this question, not just another sarcastic, ridiculing and insulting answer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Richard Stuckmeyer's post
29-01-2013, 03:19 AM
RE: Question?
Could you give us a demo of what kind of questions you think send most atheists off into flying rages?

[Image: giphy.gif]
29-01-2013, 03:27 AM
(29-01-2013 03:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh
Why is impossible for most, not all, atheists to respond to the answer of a Christian to a quetion without insults and ridicule?

If you ask someone if they think it's going to rain tomorrow and they say no, do you then say "What? WTF is wrong with you? Can't you see the clouds rolling in and feel the temperature change? How stupic an you be?"

You may disagree with a Christians answer and think it stupid but why do you have to go into a coniption fit?

I'd really like a serious answer to this question, not just another sarcastic, ridiculing and insulting answer.
Of course I'm the one that's going to answer this....oh the irony.

Right. Well. You see most "new" atheists have a feeling of superiority about them. Hell, even life long ones have it too. They think that the answer to there being a god or not is so clear that anyone who can't see it is a fool. This behavior is akin to religious people enacting the same thing but in favor of god rather than against it. In time (hopefully) these people will calm down and understand why it is religious people hold these beliefs.

Does that answer the question? I'm really tired right now so I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

Good question by the way.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
29-01-2013, 03:35 AM
(29-01-2013 03:27 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh

Of course I'm the one that's going to answer this....oh the irony.

Right. Well. You see most "new" atheists have a feeling of superiority about them. Hell, even life long ones have it too. They think that the answer to there being a god or not is so clear that anyone who can't see it is a fool. This behavior is akin to religious people enacting the same thing but in favor of god rather than against it. In time (hopefully) these people will calm down and understand why it is religious people hold these beliefs.

Does that answer the question? I'm really tired right now so I'm not too sure what I'm doing.

Good question by the way.
Thank you. Excellent answer.
29-01-2013, 03:36 AM
(29-01-2013 03:19 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Could you give us a demo of what kind of questions you think send most atheists off into flying rages?
Sure, if I can remember one or if I see one again.
29-01-2013, 03:38 AM
(29-01-2013 03:27 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  Good question by the way.

Not in the least actually. Atheists do not fly in rages if someone tells them there is a god. They may think the one saying it is pretty deluded and/or dumb, but enraged? Why would we be?

Now, religionists on the other hand... just try telling them that the holy ghost ain't holy at all, but is the ghost of atrocities and genocides past and see what happens. Or ask them to read how Jesus got his jollies with what's-her-face and see them froth at the mouth.

All this guy has been doing so far, is projecting like nobody's business
[Image: projecting_projector.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
29-01-2013, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 03:50 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
I see it more as atheists being tired of having the same debunked bullshit being thrown their way time after time again.

Picture this simplified model, Richie (can I call you that?), imagine everything that you view as just, fair, righteous, noble, and what not, when it comes to your religion. Now imagine somebody that, for the most part, takes the opposite stance that you do on those issues. Imagine a person that instead of viewing religion as a virtuous, humane, and an enlightened institution, instead view it as a vile, degrading, damaging, abusive system slowing accumulation of knowledge and civil liberties. They view almost all believers as deluded, biased, closed to other viewpoints, and insufferable to debate with. Basically, every despicable feature you attribute to atheism, atheists do the opposite and attribute it to religion.

That doesn't require agreeing with them either to understand why they are getting angry sometimes. From that perspective, all you have to do is understand why YOU get angry at them and your answer for why they get angry back is already answered (at least partially and only for some cases, things can get complicated.)

Hoped that helped.

And just for clarification, must atheists I know, myself included, don't actually get offended from somebody proclaiming to believe in God. You need to come across as wanting to forcefully impose your religion upon others before a good deal of atheists will flip into a more aggressive mode.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
29-01-2013, 03:54 AM
(29-01-2013 03:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  

Not in the least actually. Atheists do not fly in rages if someone tells them there is a god. They may think the one saying it is pretty deluded and/or dumb, but enraged? Why would we be?

Now, religionists on the other hand... just try telling them that the holy ghost ain't holy at all, but is the ghost of atrocities and genocides past and see what happens. Or ask them to read how Jesus got his jollies with what's-her-face and see them froth at the mouth.

As much as I'd like to agree with you, I cannot. I have seen far to many atheists put on a show of false superiority and stupidity. There are far more than you think. I am glad that you haven't had the "pleasure" of being in their presence.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
29-01-2013, 03:54 AM
(29-01-2013 03:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  

I don't know what projecting means, I'm just a simple person, so I can't respond to that other than to say if you mean I've been mean spirited myself, I agree. Notice how mellow I am right now? Drugs does that to me. but as to your statements about Christian's "frothing at the mouth", what do you expect? When you say something inflammatory about our Lord and Saviour, the Creator of the universe, the holiest of people to us, what do you expect?

You may not belive in God and Christ and that's fine, but to us He is Holy. Go to Iran and foul-mouth Mohammad and see what happens. Your head will be rolling in the gutter in ten minutes. Stheists are always saying Christians should be respectful of your opinions, well, tit for tat dude.

Dodgy
29-01-2013, 03:58 AM
Tongue
(29-01-2013 03:44 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I see it more as atheists being tired of having the same debunked bullshit being thrown their way time after time again.

Picture this simplified model, Richie (can I call you that?), imagine everything that you view as just, fair, righteous, noble, and what not, when it comes to your religion. Now imagine somebody that, for the most part, takes the opposite stance that you do on those issues. Imagine a person that instead of viewing religion as a virtuous, humane, and an enlightened institution, instead view it as a vile, degrading, damaging, abusive system slowing accumulation of knowledge and civil liberties. They view almost all believers as deluded, biased, closed to other viewpoints, and insufferable to debate with. Basically, every despicable feature you attribute to atheism, atheists do the opposite and attribute it to religion.

That doesn't require agreeing with them either to understand why they are getting angry sometimes. From that perspective, all you have to do is understand why YOU get angry at them and your answer for why they get angry back is already answered (at least partially and only for some cases, things can get complicated.)

Hoped that helped.

And just for clarification, must atheists I know, myself included, don't actually get offended from somebody proclaiming to believe in God. You need to come across as wanting to forcefully impose your religion upon others before a good deal of atheists will flip into a more aggressive mode.
Tongue Good answer. I dont agree with every point but I understand where you're coming from. BTW, you can call me anything you wish, I have no problem with names.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I have a homosexual question and incest question? Kvitnar 60 1,107 16-07-2014 04:42 AM
Last Post: Shadow Fox
  cjlr - I have a question for you Anjele 2 81 19-05-2014 07:25 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  A question about medical appointment in the West. HU.Junyuan 14 196 09-03-2014 01:07 PM
Last Post: Mindy Mansauce
  Show Opening Question DLPeeler 8 606 30-01-2014 09:22 AM
Last Post: PabloM
  I bet nobody on this website can answer this question. TheThirdEye 133 2,651 15-01-2014 05:15 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  I bet nobody on this website can answer this question. No. 2 Vosur 16 441 12-01-2014 04:51 AM
Last Post: Dark Light
  Travel Question--Attractions between Charlotte & Chicago Bows and Arrows 3 142 31-12-2013 02:46 AM
Last Post: Colourcraze