Question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Question?
(29-01-2013 05:19 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 04:44 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  As well as the "old" card, and the "crazy" card, and the "I'm so tired" card. Sheesh. This guy is a master of trying to obtain sympathy.
(Didn't he say he was leaving ?)
Tongue Yeah, but the old fool decided it was more fun to drive you crazy (a short drive). Laughat
I take a shot 12 hour nap and this thread explodes.....I don't know what's going on anymore. something about me leaving or I'm old or something......I'm confused.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 03:20 PM by Vosur.)
(29-01-2013 04:23 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  AH HA! You've stumbled on the answer. It works both ways. The only way this is going to be resolved is if we come to an understanding of each other. If not. We can look forward to more pointless bloodshed.
In the conclusion of the third assignment in my last religion exam (A+, hooray), I wrote that I hope for future generations of theists to be less conservative and more open-minded towards other viewpoints (peeps like KC) so that the constant conflict between believers and unbelievers can finally be resolved.

My religion teacher commented on this remark, saying "That's idealism!". Dodgy

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-01-2013, 03:53 PM
(29-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 04:23 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  AH HA! You've stumbled on the answer. It works both ways. The only way this is going to be resolved is if we come to an understanding of each other. If not. We can look forward to more pointless bloodshed.
In the conclusion of the third assignment in my last religion exam (A+, hooray), I wrote that I hope for future generations of theists to be less conservative and more open-minded towards other viewpoints (peeps like KC) so that the constant conflict between believers and unbelievers can finally be resolved.

If you are an atheist why are you taking a religion class? Could you show me where Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints? It is impossible for the constant conflict to ever be resolved. There are only two gates and one way to salvation. One gate is belief and entrance to Heaven, the other is unbelief and no entrace to Heaven. It's very, very simple.
29-01-2013, 03:58 PM
(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  In the conclusion of the third assignment in my last religion exam (A+, hooray), I wrote that I hope for future generations of theists to be less conservative and more open-minded towards other viewpoints (peeps like KC) so that the constant conflict between believers and unbelievers can finally be resolved.

If you are an atheist why are you taking a religion class? Could you show me where Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints? It is impossible for the constant conflict to ever be resolved. There are only two gates and one way to salvation. One gate is belief and entrance to Heaven, the other is unbelief and no entrace to Heaven. It's very, very simple.
I simply don't see a conflict between atheism and theism because I believe salvation isn't up to me or anyone else. I believe it's God's choice; therefore, there isn't a reason why we can't get along.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
29-01-2013, 03:59 PM
(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  If you are an atheist why are you taking a religion class?
When I made the choice to participate in religious classes instead of an ethics course a few years ago, I was still a Christian. Also, keep in mind that the German school system is different from the American one.

(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Could you show me where Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints?
I never said that Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints, so the answer is "No".

(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  It is impossible for the constant conflict to ever be resolved. There are only two gates and one way to salvation. One gate is belief and entrance to Heaven, the other is unbelief and no entrace to Heaven. It's very, very simple.

[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
29-01-2013, 04:02 PM
(29-01-2013 03:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  If you are an atheist why are you taking a religion class?
When I made the choice to participate in religious classes instead of an ethics course a few years ago, I was still a Christian. Also, keep in mind that the German school system is different from the American one.

(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Could you show me where Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints?
I never said that Jesus was open-minded towards other viewpoints, so the answer is "No".

(29-01-2013 03:53 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  It is impossible for the constant conflict to ever be resolved. There are only two gates and one way to salvation. One gate is belief and entrance to Heaven, the other is unbelief and no entrace to Heaven. It's very, very simple.

Now that was a good, non-verbose response.
29-01-2013, 04:03 PM
(29-01-2013 03:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh
Why is impossible for most, not all, atheists to respond to the answer of a Christian to a quetion without insults and ridicule?

If you ask someone if they think it's going to rain tomorrow and they say no, do you then say "What? WTF is wrong with you? Can't you see the clouds rolling in and feel the temperature change? How stupic an you be?"

You may disagree with a Christians answer and think it stupid but why do you have to go into a coniption fit?

I'd really like a serious answer to this question, not just another sarcastic, ridiculing and insulting answer.
Superiority complex.
29-01-2013, 04:03 PM
(29-01-2013 04:02 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Now that was a good, non-verbose response.
My responses are always non-verbose. Yes

Not so sure about the "good" part, though. Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
29-01-2013, 04:59 PM
(29-01-2013 04:03 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh
Why is impossible for most, not all, atheists to respond to the answer of a Christian to a quetion without insults and ridicule?

If you ask someone if they think it's going to rain tomorrow and they say no, do you then say "What? WTF is wrong with you? Can't you see the clouds rolling in and feel the temperature change? How stupic an you be?"

You may disagree with a Christians answer and think it stupid but why do you have to go into a coniption fit?

I'd really like a serious answer to this question, not just another sarcastic, ridiculing and insulting answer.
Superiority complex.
OH, well, maybe you can work on that. Thanks.
29-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Reminds me of "I know you are but what am I."