Question?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:07 PM
RE: Question?
(29-01-2013 05:03 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Reminds me of "I know you are but what am I."
I'm rubber you're glue. Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 05:33 PM
(29-01-2013 03:16 AM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Huh
Why is impossible for most, not all, atheists to respond to the answer of a Christian to a quetion without insults and ridicule?

If you ask someone if they think it's going to rain tomorrow and they say no, do you then say "What? WTF is wrong with you? Can't you see the clouds rolling in and feel the temperature change? How stupic an you be?"

You may disagree with a Christians answer and think it stupid but why do you have to go into a coniption fit?

I'd really like a serious answer to this question, not just another sarcastic, ridiculing and insulting answer.
I can only speak for my self. After dealing with christians and dispelling the majority of their claims, many come in with the same old tired arguments.

Citing the new WLC film they watched or spreading their god's word, etc. After a while many atheists would rather not deal with rehashing the arguments all over again. The easy route is to come off as condescending as possible to make the theist feel uncomfortable and leave.

Personally I try to educate and not come off like a jerk but I have my bad moments.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
29-01-2013, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 07:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
Think I'm starting to like the StickyDick. He don't seem grumpy or crotchety to me, on the contrary, seems rather jovial. Clearly just came here to have a good time, seems like he knows how to have one, needs to work on his insult and denigration skills but doesn't seem to like to swear like a goddam shit-eating motherfucking sailor so that shit probably ain't happening, seems to roll with the punches pretty good (probably 'cause his big fat belly don't even notice them ... just figures he's got a little indigestion left over from lunch ... burp), doesn't have any coherent counter-arguments to science or rational arguments but doesn't give a shit either. ... He don't seem mean like that meanie Ego®, just a bored old Christian looking for some fun. Girly's got no problem with that. After seeing his pictures I just imagine him as a big fat cuddly Santa Clause arguing with skeptics about how he can't possibly deliver all of those presents in a single night or fit his big fat ass down a standard chimney. "Ho ho ho" seems like an excellent response. Big Grin

Think I'm gonna rep him just 'cause I think that might irritate the real crotchety grumpy old man who runs the site. Evil_monster

(29-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  My religion teacher commented on this remark, saying "That's idealism!". Dodgy

That's "idealistic" but not Idealism. Goddam, a German religion teacher who apparently isn't aware of the work of Kant, Hegel, and Schopenhauer? I always just figured that's all they taught in religion class in Germany. Big Grin

(29-01-2013 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I simply don't see a conflict between atheism and theism because I believe salvation isn't up to me or anyone else. I believe it's God's choice; therefore, there isn't a reason why we can't get along.
Laughat

You silly nihilist. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-01-2013, 07:13 PM
(29-01-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think I'm gonna rep him just 'cause I think that might irritate the real crotchety grumpy old man who runs the site. Evil_monster

Hughsie isn't crotchety, grumpy, or old. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-01-2013, 07:26 PM
(29-01-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Think I'm starting to like the StickyDick. He don't seem grumpy or crotchety to me, on the contrary, seems rather jovial. Clearly just came here to have a good time, seems like he knows how to have one, needs to work on his insult and denigration skills but doesn't seem to like to swear like a goddam shit-eating motherfucking sailor so that shit probably ain't happening, seems to roll with the punches pretty good (probably 'cause his big fat belly don't even notice them ... just figures he's got a little indigestion left over from lunch ... burp), doesn't have any coherent counter-arguments to science or rational arguments but doesn't give a shit either. ... He don't seem mean like that meanie Ego®, just a bored old Christian looking for some fun. Girly's got no problem with that. After seeing his pictures I just imagine him as a big fat cuddly Santa Clause arguing with skeptics about how he can't possibly deliver all of those presents in a single night or fit his big fat ass down a standard chimney. "Ho ho ho" seems like an excellent response. Big Grin

Think I'm gonna rep him just 'cause I think that might irritate the real crotchety grumpy old man who runs the site. Evil_monster

(29-01-2013 03:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  My religion teacher commented on this remark, saying "That's idealism!". Dodgy

That's "idealistic" but not Idealism. Goddam, a German religion teacher who apparently isn't aware of the work of Kant, Hegel, and Schopenhauer? I always just figured that's all they taught in religion class in Germany. Big Grin

(29-01-2013 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I simply don't see a conflict between atheism and theism because I believe salvation isn't up to me or anyone else. I believe it's God's choice; therefore, there isn't a reason why we can't get along.
Laughat

You silly nihilist. Big Grin
Here's what the fat, old, roly-poly looks like today:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users Like Richard Stuckmeyer's post
29-01-2013, 09:11 PM
(29-01-2013 07:26 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Here's what the fat, old, roly-poly looks like today:

Fuck, now I'm gonna have to leaves cookies and milk out all year 'round ain't I? [Image: a57910b0ce28.gif]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
30-01-2013, 06:52 AM
(29-01-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

No, this time I'm the fucking hairy monkey who didn't get it right. The correct translation of what she said would have actually been "idealistic". Tongue

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]