Question.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Question.....
[Image: Agnostic+v+Gnostic+v+Atheist+v+Theist.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2012, 12:28 PM
(11-05-2012 12:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Shows you what the Muslim knows... Big Grin

I don't know if God is real or not either - just like many of you atheists don't know about the existence of God - but, I believe that He is real. So, in that sense, I'm an agnostic Muslim, but there's no need for me to put the word "agnostic" before Muslim because it's obvious to me that I don't know. Smile
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 12:34 PM by houseofcantor.)
Ohh, lookit germanyt with the charts and diagrams... Big Grin

Which is all a bunch of words anyway. Most peeps just pick a label based upon what their friends are doing, and you know, can't have nobody without no label. Tongue
(11-05-2012 12:28 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  
(11-05-2012 12:13 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Shows you what the Muslim knows... Big Grin

I don't know if God is real or not either - just like many of you atheists don't know about the existence of God - but, I believe that He is real. So, in that sense, I'm an agnostic Muslim, but there's no need for me to put the word "agnostic" before Muslim because it's obvious to me that I don't know. Smile
I know god - kind of a requirement for a prophet - but what I don't know is real. And I do know that applying the conditional of real to god does nothing but cause problems. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
11-05-2012, 12:37 PM
The other way of looking at it is that atheism is not a claim, but the rejection of one. If the concept of god had never been invented, then atheism itself would never have existed.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
(11-05-2012 12:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Lilith Pride - we are all so privileged to hang around with you! Heart

Yeah, she's got a brain and ain't afraid to use it. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
(11-05-2012 12:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The other way of looking at it is that atheism is not a claim, but the rejection of one. If the concept of god had never been invented, then atheism itself would never have existed.
Perfectly said.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
11-05-2012, 12:43 PM
(11-05-2012 12:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The other way of looking at it is that atheism is not a claim, but the rejection of one. If the concept of god had never been invented, then atheism itself would never have existed.

Yeah, huh? Like trying to forge a monopole. Peeps go, god? Then this crowd forms, ooh, something new, god, god... then after a while it's like, this this and this cause of god, and peeps start going, no god. Cause people are just contrary and shit.

[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Trust Johnny to spew out what appears to be nonsensical rambling, which, upon closer scrutiny, ends up making perfect sense.

Goddam poet man.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Consider

I hate it when someone figures out a reason to give a shit about this stuff. Undecided Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 01:19 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(11-05-2012 10:03 AM)pKaiPkai Wrote:  If "god" were to show up tomorrow, whether on a flaming chariot or a spaceship, I would not be surprised. If he never showed up

The LONG, convoluted, (educational) process involved in finding out what's wrong with "what Christians profess" will take you years, IF you are even interested. Most are not, unless you like languages, history, mythology, and maybe linguistics. Of course you could just skip all that and take Bilology I, Chem I, Physics I, or Geology I, or Astronomy I.

There are 600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, (600 sextillion) stars.

Why in hell would god show up HERE, tomorrow ?

Anyway, there's a Bantha race on Tatooine, tomorrow.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJu05PIF_g5MI6ZW2TRZH...BzygaYVxE0]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post