Question #3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Question #3
What made you make the final decision to be an Atheist?

See, I cant stand how this question is worded because it implies that atheism is a choice that one day we all woke up and decided, hey lets be atheists!

I personally research things to death and believe in asking deeper questions than most people seem to do these days and after doing this for several months I realiZed I was an Atheist. I do not hold any beliefs in God or gods, supernaturalism or superstitious ideas at all actually.
Satanism is my Philosophy, the more time that goes by, the less I see it as a religion and the more I see it as a philosophy and I discovered that when I was 29, again from researching and asking those same questions that led me to atheism when I was 23.
To this day I have seen no credible or even personal evidence that there is a God of any kind. Or supernaturalism. So, I remain in my current position.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Irishdize's post
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Question #3
I've always been an atheist, so I don't know. I've never fallen into the trap of religion, even when my Gran tried to force it on me I was like "back off, bitch... this is bullshit". Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 3 users Like frankiej's post
01-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Agreed in that it's not a whim, and for me it was gradual, not sudden. I first said the words , "I'm an atheist" in August of 2011, and in April of that same year I still believed in God...but I'd already come a long way from the Jesus-freak of several years prior.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
01-12-2012, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 04:25 PM by DLJ.)
(01-12-2012 03:48 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  What made you make the final decision to be an Atheist?

Not applicable.

Next question.

(01-12-2012 03:48 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  I do not hold any beliefs in God or gods, supernaturalism or superstitious ideas at all actually.
Satanism is my Philosophy, the more time that goes by, the less I see it as a religion

Those that do hold those beliefs are deists and/or theists.

A religion, in contrast, when organised and official (as you say that Satanism now is) has an added factor of being an institution that is quite happy to take from the poor and needy to ensure its own survival.

Kinda sad, really.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
(01-12-2012 03:48 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  What made you make the final decision to be an Atheist?
It was more of a gradual process that took several years for me. I don't recall a clear distinction à la "Now I'm a theist" and "Now I'm an atheist" at any point.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-12-2012, 04:47 PM
(01-12-2012 04:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Not applicable.

Next question.

(01-12-2012 03:48 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  I do not hold any beliefs in God or gods, supernaturalism or superstitious ideas at all actually.
Satanism is my Philosophy, the more time that goes by, the less I see it as a religion

Those that do hold those beliefs are deists and/or theists.

A religion, in contrast, when organised and official (as you say that Satanism now is) has an added factor of being an institution that is quite happy to take from the poor and needy to ensure its own survival.

Kinda sad, really.

That would be sad
Thank goodness Satanists do not believe in taking from the poor.
My clients are not poor.
I take from the rich and I give to those in need which includes myself and those I love. I started a charity in 2009 to help those in the community and I eventually want to help those worldwide who are in need.
Satanists are also or can be very charitable people if it benefits them to be so. emotional gratification can be a benefit so many of us are very charitable.
01-12-2012, 05:14 PM
One does not simply decide to become an atheist.

We're all atheist at birth, most of us are simply unfortunate enough to have had our little minds warped and perverted by our parents or other authority figures as children, who's minds had themselves been warped by their parents or other authority figures and so on you go back in lineage, constantly repeating the pattern.

But to answer our question, I did not know I was an atheist till around age 7-10 (somewhere around there I learnt the word).
Though when I was younger I sometimes lapsed into a sort of panentheistic or panpsychic belief when I felt desperate (for instance when my dog ran away I would usually ask the universe for help). Otherwise I have always been a satiric skeptic.

I hope that satisfies your curiosity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-12-2012, 06:20 PM
(01-12-2012 05:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  One does not simply decide to become an atheist.

[Image: H9JAI.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM
(01-12-2012 06:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 05:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  One does not simply decide to become an atheist.

[Image: H9JAI.jpg]

You know, I was actually tempted to do that, but I felt it may have detracted from the relative seriousness of my answer too much.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
01-12-2012, 06:58 PM
(01-12-2012 06:23 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 06:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: H9JAI.jpg]

You know, I was actually tempted to do that, but I felt it may have detracted from the relative seriousness of my answer too much.
Really? Boromir is a really serious meme.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]