Question #4

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 05:39 PM
RE: Question #4
(05-12-2012 11:36 AM)Gaest Wrote:  What Vosur said... I would probably visit the doctor before answering back.

Communication and talking are not necessarily the same thing. I know of many religious people who feel/see some kind of communication from god(s) - or what they perceive to be communication anyway - but as far as I know none of them actually claim to have conversations or hearing divine voices.

My impression is that around here most religious people would get worried rather than thrilled, if someone claimed to actually speak with a god...

Edit: About myself: I have moments when I feel some kind of reaction, communication, during rituals - usually the spiritual stimulus is mediated by stuff like the wind picking up, the alcohol kicking in and the joy of being with friends in a religious setting.

What religion are you?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
(05-12-2012 05:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 11:36 AM)Gaest Wrote:  What Vosur said... I would probably visit the doctor before answering back.

Communication and talking are not necessarily the same thing. I know of many religious people who feel/see some kind of communication from god(s) - or what they perceive to be communication anyway - but as far as I know none of them actually claim to have conversations or hearing divine voices.

My impression is that around here most religious people would get worried rather than thrilled, if someone claimed to actually speak with a god...

Edit: About myself: I have moments when I feel some kind of reaction, communication, during rituals - usually the spiritual stimulus is mediated by stuff like the wind picking up, the alcohol kicking in and the joy of being with friends in a religious setting.

What religion are you?
Asatru.

If you want to know more you can check out this thread: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Viking
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I have never really felt has though God has communicated with me.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
05-12-2012, 07:08 PM
(05-12-2012 05:47 PM)Gaest Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 05:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  What religion are you?
Asatru.

If you want to know more you can check out this thread: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...k-a-Viking

Fascinating.
I am reading that thread right now.