Question. It's gonna be stupid so brace yourself.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2016, 06:34 AM
RE: Question. It's gonna be stupid so brace yourself.
The theoretical device you are looking for is a "stasis box".... Something that effectively freezes time.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2016, 06:17 PM
And for the simple fact the pigs make decent research animals for this stage of development of this tech at a much lower cost and with fewer ethical issues.

There are a few animals that you can manage this with but they're all relatively simple. The most complex one I've heard of is the common North American Wood Frog, which can freeze solid enough to be used as a hockey puck and thaws out and walks off come spring.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-09-2016, 06:34 PM
(23-09-2016 06:17 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And for the simple fact the pigs make decent research animals for this stage of development of this tech at a much lower cost and with fewer ethical issues.

There are a few animals that you can manage this with but they're all relatively simple. The most complex one I've heard of is the common North American Wood Frog, which can freeze solid enough to be used as a hockey puck and thaws out and walks off come spring.

Well, it's not that complex an animal, but that is pretty damned cool, nonetheless! Not sure I'd use it for a hockey puck, though.
23-09-2016, 10:05 PM
(23-09-2016 06:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 06:17 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  And for the simple fact the pigs make decent research animals for this stage of development of this tech at a much lower cost and with fewer ethical issues.

Well, it's not that complex an animal, but that is pretty damned cool, nonetheless! Not sure I'd use it for a hockey puck, though.

I'm comparing it to tardigrades and brine shrimp. Amphibians are pretty complicated.

You're right, they make crappy hockey pucks. Aside from the irregular shape they shatter too easily.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
24-09-2016, 09:30 AM
(23-09-2016 10:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 06:34 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Well, it's not that complex an animal, but that is pretty damned cool, nonetheless! Not sure I'd use it for a hockey puck, though.

I'm comparing it to tardigrades and brine shrimp. Amphibians are pretty complicated.

You're right, they make crappy hockey pucks. Aside from the irregular shape they shatter too easily.

Gasp
24-09-2016, 09:41 AM
(23-09-2016 06:01 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  When meat freezes the water in the individual cells expand to the point that the cells rupture........

You might as well crawl into a microwave oven and turn it on.....

Times like this it's great to be a late adopter. Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2016, 09:41 AM
(23-09-2016 06:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The theoretical device you are looking for is a "stasis box".... Something that effectively freezes time.....

Didn't one of those hit Pluto a long time ago? Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Have you not watched the film "Demolition man" Confused

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
24-09-2016, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2016 02:49 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(23-09-2016 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck don't we take a bunch of death row inmates and chuck 'em in freezers to develop cryosleep technology so we can freeze ourselves for extended periods of time.

Cryosleep would allow for space travel as well as have medical advantages such as freezing terminally ill people till we find a cure.

For those that don't know cryosleep is basically a science fiction thing where they chuck you in a tube and freeze you for a hundred years or so.

Yea I know, people have rights and shit. BUT if we cared about their rights we wouldn't be fucking killing them. The right to not fucking die is kinda a biggy.
Besides, let's not pretend ALL human life is sacred, that's fucking bullshit.
If we can use these people to potentially save lives as well as explore out universe why the fuck don't we?

Because it violates the Eighth Amendment, you fucker. Talk with the Chinese or Singapore governemnts about this next time they want to snuff a fellow Kiwi for muleing drugs into their country.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-09-2016, 06:18 PM
(24-09-2016 02:39 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(23-09-2016 04:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the fuck don't we take a bunch of death row inmates and chuck 'em in freezers to develop cryosleep technology so we can freeze ourselves for extended periods of time.

Cryosleep would allow for space travel as well as have medical advantages such as freezing terminally ill people till we find a cure.

For those that don't know cryosleep is basically a science fiction thing where they chuck you in a tube and freeze you for a hundred years or so.

Yea I know, people have rights and shit. BUT if we cared about their rights we wouldn't be fucking killing them. The right to not fucking die is kinda a biggy.
Besides, let's not pretend ALL human life is sacred, that's fucking bullshit.
If we can use these people to potentially save lives as well as explore out universe why the fuck don't we?

Because it violates the Eighth Amendment, you fucker. Talk with the Chinese or Singapore governemnts about this next time they want to snuff a fellow Kiwi for muleing drugs into their country.

You're thinking of Bali and Australians.