Question about Conservatives/Republicans in your area

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Okay, WTF is with their need to loudly express their opinions or have very loud conversations so everyone knows just what they think of 'liberals'

Yes, I am a liberal, but I seriously can't think of one incident where I overheard or saw a stranger LOUDLY condemning Republicans.

Is this some doubling down shit or what?? Sitting in the waiting room of the car dealership and this woman starts talking to a guy about the GD liberals ruining this country, liberal colleges brainwashing our youth, etc. He leaves and she starts trying to talk to another lady.

We were out to dinner recently and this jackass two tables over from us is so fucking loud "If the liberals had their way, this would be a muslim country. No guns to protect ourselves, cars blowing up left and right. Trump will fix it."

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just attracting them lately. lol

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
10-10-2017, 12:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 12:54 PM by BikerDude.)
RE: Question about Conservatives/Republicans in your area
(10-10-2017 12:28 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Okay, WTF is with their need to loudly express their opinions or have very loud conversations so everyone knows just what they think of 'liberals'

Yes, I am a liberal, but I seriously can't think of one incident where I overheard or saw a stranger LOUDLY condemning Republicans.

Is this some doubling down shit or what?? Sitting in the waiting room of the car dealership and this woman starts talking to a guy about the GD liberals ruining this country, liberal colleges brainwashing our youth, etc. He leaves and she starts trying to talk to another lady.

We were out to dinner recently and this jackass two tables over from us is so fucking loud "If the liberals had their way, this would be a muslim country. No guns to protect ourselves, cars blowing up left and right. Trump will fix it."

Does this happen to anyone else, or am I just attracting them lately. lol

You have answered your own question.
Decades of Fox News and talk radio has convinced these people not to just disagree with liberals but to despise them. They are convinced that they are a real danger.
It's scapegoating. When things are tough giving people someone to hate is standard procedure. It's been a coordinated effort.
Sadly this whole right left thing is largely bullshit. It divides about things that don't effect us economically.
Which is actually what the entire political effort is all about.
"Left" hates the "Right" and "Right" hates the "Left".
But they use hot button bullshit issues to distract people from the core of their problems.
It's not a right vs left struggle. It's a rich vs poor (rich vs everybody else not just poor) struggle.
In these people minds they are fighting against evil. On both sides.
It's shadow boxing against a bogeyman. And it's not just from the right.
There are plenty of people around here who have drunk the Liberal cool aid as well.
Happy clown or sad clown. That's democracy.
I will once again post a video from the NRA.

But it's not just the NRA

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
10-10-2017, 01:01 PM
Liberals (and I say this even though I'm one of them) may not be as loud, but they're just as condescending. Go back and read the comments on this forum just after the November election. I cringe at some of the things I said back then.

Shortly after that, I took out subscriptions to The Nation (liberal), The National Review (conservative), and First Things (conservative and religious). I wanted to try to understand both liberal and conservative points of view. I have found a lot of scorn and condescension in all three magazines, but also some good food for thought. Neither side is completely right or wrong, and I'm convinced that the only chance for America to be "great again" (whatever you take that to mean) is for the two sides to stop demonizing each other, start listening to each other, and learn how to compromise. A "my way or nothing" attitude just leads to gridlock. We've been trying that for years now, and it doesn't work.
[+] 8 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-10-2017, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 02:18 PM by Thoreauvian.)
(10-10-2017 01:01 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Neither side is completely right or wrong, and I'm convinced that the only chance for America to be "great again" (whatever you take that to mean) is for the two sides to stop demonizing each other, start listening to each other, and learn how to compromise.

People should stop lying about their opposition, true enough. On the other hand, we can't compromise with liars either. The election of Donald Trump, in the primaries and as president, has demonstrated that a large section of voters were willing to support a compulsive liar and fraud. What does that say about them?
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
10-10-2017, 02:35 PM
I sometimes hear right wingers condemning "communists" but considering that I'm not exactly silent in my condemnations of right wingers, nationalists and other clowns like that I don't see big problem. Sure, I think most of such "critique" is just ignorance based idiocy but I suppose other side would say same about me.

I don't have problem with people talking what they think. It's fact that they hold such ridiculous position is the problem.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
10-10-2017, 04:37 PM
I was specifically referring to people being vocal (usually loudly) in public, sometimes with strangers. It's a phenomenon I just haven't seen w/ liberals.

Printed and online is a different animal.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
10-10-2017, 04:39 PM
In my area, the conservatives/Republicans are just as loud and smart/stupid as the liberals/Democrats. Both are more than willing to vehemently voice their hatred of the others.

They both agree on religious issues, though. (Society is failing because less God, etc).
10-10-2017, 04:52 PM
(10-10-2017 04:37 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I was specifically referring to people being vocal (usually loudly) in public, sometimes with strangers. It's a phenomenon I just haven't seen w/ liberals.

Printed and online is a different animal.

Right, but I'd be willing to bet that Brian37, to take just one example, is just as "loud" vocally as he is in print. And I can be loud myself (not intentionally -- I just have a loud voice, and a tendency to raise it when arguing).

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-10-2017, 06:58 PM
(10-10-2017 12:28 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Okay, WTF is with their need to loudly express their opinions or have very loud conversations so everyone knows just what they think of 'liberals'

Well, you clearly don't live in my town.

Come visit sometime, and I'll take you to a brewpub where, other than local political jabbering, you will hear little but people loudly condemning Republicans, conservatives, and --occasionally-- Californians. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
10-10-2017, 07:03 PM
(10-10-2017 12:37 PM)BikerDude Wrote:  You have answered your own question.
Decades of Fox News and talk radio has convinced these people not to just disagree with liberals but to despise them. They are convinced that they are a real danger.
It's scapegoating. When things are tough giving people someone to hate is standard procedure. It's been a coordinated effort.
Sadly this whole right left thing is largely bullshit. It divides about things that don't effect us economically.
Which is actually what the entire political effort is all about.
"Left" hates the "Right" and "Right" hates the "Left".
But they use hot button bullshit issues to distract people from the core of their problems.
It's not a right vs left struggle. It's a rich vs poor (rich vs everybody else not just poor) struggle.
In these people minds they are fighting against evil. On both sides.
It's shadow boxing against a bogeyman. And it's not just from the right.
There are plenty of people around here who have drunk the Liberal cool aid as well.
Happy clown or sad clown. That's democracy.
I will once again post a video from the NRA.

Wow. So SHE's the NRA? Who knew?

Pretty articulate; not bad looking; but shitty attitude. Tongue

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."