Question about eternity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2012, 10:33 PM
RE: Question about eternity
(22-02-2012 10:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This forum has gone to the dogs.

And cats.

Sequential, linear time contradicts timelessness. Tongue

But surely Gwynnies would never go to the cats.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
23-02-2012, 12:00 AM
(21-02-2012 03:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 12:35 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Didn't they tell you? Their god, she transcends space and time so the term "eternity" must be irrelevant.

btw, I've been on this site for nearly 2 weeks and I have yet to fully understand any of houseofcantor's posts... Gwynnies? Don't tell me, I want to work it out for myself.

I find it helps me to smoke a lot of weed.

That, and just look at it all as poetry. It doesn't have to make sense, it just feels beautiful.

I have sort of been operating under the assumption that HoC is constantly high...I just didn't want to say anything.
[+] 2 users Like rook2004's post
23-02-2012, 08:33 PM
(23-02-2012 12:00 AM)rook2004 Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 03:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(21-02-2012 12:35 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Didn't they tell you? Their god, she transcends space and time so the term "eternity" must be irrelevant.

btw, I've been on this site for nearly 2 weeks and I have yet to fully understand any of houseofcantor's posts... Gwynnies? Don't tell me, I want to work it out for myself.

I find it helps me to smoke a lot of weed.

That, and just look at it all as poetry. It doesn't have to make sense, it just feels beautiful.

I have sort of been operating under the assumption that HoC is constantly high...I just didn't want to say anything.

'Out of time and space' does not conform to how we generally perceive of reality.
The initial post postulates an infinity of regression and what gods or higher beings were doing to wile away the time. If it took eternity for god(s )to fool around and create a lot of suffering, disease, angst, pain, misery etc then we must either look at this phenomenon in a completely different way, or discard it completely.

Just think of all the trouble our perception of god can cause in the duration of the on going infinity;even if things are cyclic as claimed by the Hindus, very good for the rich Brahmins, heavy handed religious postulations seem to create more and more troubles.

The more I view religion the more muddled the picture.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
23-02-2012, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2012 11:18 PM by satan69.)
The question is can god create eternity w/o starting as a eternal being. Can there be nothing, and then god makes himself and eternity. It seems to me for heaven to be eternal, so must god. with that kind of power, why would god waste its time with trivial matters like pre marital sex, believing jesus died for our sins, and praying to him before every meal. It would be like me winning the lottery as a healthy 18 yo man, and then spending the rest of my life worrying about what ants are doing. why do christians believe all this crap. it makes no sense. it just proves that christians cant think for themselves or even understand the shit they actually believe.
[+] 1 user Likes satan69's post
23-02-2012, 11:29 PM
(23-02-2012 11:03 PM)satan69 Wrote:  The question is can god create eternity w/o starting as a eternal being. Can there be nothing, and then god makes himself and eternity. It seems to me for heaven to be eternal, so must god. with that kind of power, why would god waste its time with trivial matters like pre marital sex, believing jesus died for our sins, and praying to him before every meal. It would be like me winning the lottery as a healthy 18 yo man, and then spending the rest of my life worrying about what ants are doing. why do christians believe all this crap. it makes no sense. it just proves that christians cant think for themselves or even understand the shit they actually believe.
Some Christians do try to formulate hypotheses by linking up scripture, higher purposes, mystery etc. It has never worked for me!
24-02-2012, 04:58 PM
(22-02-2012 10:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sequential, linear time contradicts timelessness. Tongue

Thank you - my point exactly!
Sheesh. Why is it so difficult for people to understand this? Dodgy

As I said; no more damning anyone to hell for eternity. Although, I do know a couple of people I can recommend damning for a couple of weeks... six months, tops. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-02-2012, 08:15 PM
(24-02-2012 04:58 PM)kim Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 10:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Sequential, linear time contradicts timelessness. Tongue

As I said; no more damning anyone to hell for eternity. Although, I do know a couple of people I can recommend damning for a couple of weeks... six months, tops. Wink

Well Kim, maybe if you explained things more clearly like Doc HoC does, we'd have an easier time understanding your posts.

Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
25-02-2012, 03:40 AM

point A to point B... a tank of gas
listening to HoC and not being on weed... thousands of brain cells
sequential, linear time ... *hold on, I'm waiting to find out*

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
25-02-2012, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 06:12 AM by houseofcantor.)
(24-02-2012 08:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Well Kim, maybe if you explained things more clearly like Doc HoC does, we'd have an easier time understanding your posts.

Tongue

[Image: roflol.gif]

Nothing is smaller than eternity, what the problem is. Gwynnie did it to me; drawing that girl and going straight away. Heart

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-02-2012, 11:45 AM
(25-02-2012 06:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-02-2012 08:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Tongue

[Image: roflol.gif]

Nothing is smaller than eternity, what the problem is. Gwynnie did it to me; drawing that girl and going straight away. Heart

BlushI can think of something smaller.Dodgy

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post