Question about eternity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2012, 02:58 PM
RE: Question about eternity
Sorry for jumping on this thread so late.

I often hear many theists talk about how their god will take them to Heaven when they die and they'll all be there together forever. I'm not exactly sure what is so attractive about that. What makes relationships special is that the physical duration is finite and the significance of it is quality, not duration.

,,,^..^,,,~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 03:08 PM
(05-12-2012 02:58 PM)wldstrwlf Wrote:  Sorry for jumping on this thread so late.

I often hear many theists talk about how their god will take them to Heaven when they die and they'll all be there together forever. I'm not exactly sure what is so attractive about that. What makes relationships special is that the physical duration is finite and the significance of it is quality, not duration.
That's only because you have a perception of time.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
05-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Ah sweet mystery of life I can't find you.

Eternity is too mind boggling for me, especially when secular rules embrace eternity.

Before looking to aspects of eternity I feel I need to relate far better to the ethics of secular life within the limits
of my cognitive ability,not slippery slopes leading nowhere and everywhere. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post