Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2015, 12:59 PM
RE: Question about flood
(18-03-2015 12:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 01:42 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  In one single sentence you offer a dark and frightening insight into the mind of a believer. I trust you don't actually have children? If you do, I can only hope for their sake that you can keep the voices inside your head even-tempered.

I rarely post here but occassionaly something shocks me so bad I have to comment.

Man, please. First off, you are deliberately changing the scenario to fit your personal agenda, which is to find a reason to bitch at God and thereby continually justifying your unbelief.

The scenario was, if GOD told me to kill my child, would I kill my child...not if there were "voices inside my head" telling me shit.

If God told me anything, guess what, that would mean that God exists, right? And if God exists, I am going to listen to him, and I could care less what some spirtually lost people on an atheist forum thinks.

You are the perfect example of why religion is dangerous.Blink

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 01:00 PM
(18-03-2015 05:10 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Any point in asking you where god came from?

When you can tell me where did the #1 come from, I promise you I will tell you where God came from.
18-03-2015, 01:01 PM
(18-03-2015 12:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The scenario was, if GOD told me to kill my child, would I kill my child...not if there were "voices inside my head" telling me shit.

If God told me anything, guess what, that would mean that God exists, right? And if God exists, I am going to listen to him, and I could care less what some spirtually lost people on an atheist forum thinks.

Please, explain to me how you can tell the difference between an invisible God that communicates via telepathy or dreams and voices in your head.

Jesus fucking Christ, it's like you can't realize how crazy you sound. That's the first sign, I suppose...
18-03-2015, 01:02 PM
(18-03-2015 05:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, the last man standing is "I don't know", not something for which there is no evidence.

I like the Goddidit answer better.

(18-03-2015 05:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Exactly. Now take your own advice.

I would, but the evidence is overwhelming.
18-03-2015, 01:04 PM
(18-03-2015 12:54 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 01:42 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  In one single sentence you offer a dark and frightening insight into the mind of a believer. I trust you don't actually have children? If you do, I can only hope for their sake that you can keep the voices inside your head even-tempered.

I rarely post here but occassionaly something shocks me so bad I have to comment.

Man, please. First off, you are deliberately changing the scenario to fit your personal agenda, which is to find a reason to bitch at God and thereby continually justifying your unbelief.

The scenario was, if GOD told me to kill my child, would I kill my child...not if there were "voices inside my head" telling me shit.

If god told you anything, guess what, that would mean that you're hearing voices in your head and if you listen to these voices in your head and actually kill a child, you'd have your sorry ass thrown in prison by people who have morals.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-03-2015, 01:05 PM
(18-03-2015 01:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 05:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  No, the last man standing is "I don't know", not something for which there is no evidence.

I like the Goddidit answer better.

(18-03-2015 05:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  Exactly. Now take your own advice.

I would, but the evidence is overwhelming.

What evidence ?

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
18-03-2015, 01:06 PM
(18-03-2015 07:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  You have relinquished any claim to sanity or morality.

Why? Because I would do something that the Almighty told me to do? If that is wrong, I don't want to be right.
18-03-2015, 01:10 PM
(18-03-2015 08:27 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  It's crazy to know people (that's a stretch) like this live amongst us.

Let's hope the only life god commands him to kill is his only.

If God commanded me to kill my only, then doesn't that mean that God exists? You people are so emotionally distraught over this that the logical absurdities are just crawling off of your fingertips left and right.
18-03-2015, 01:26 PM
(18-03-2015 01:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:27 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  It's crazy to know people (that's a stretch) like this live amongst us.

Let's hope the only life god commands him to kill is his only.

If God commanded me to kill my only, then doesn't that mean that God exists? You people are so emotionally distraught over this that the logical absurdities are just crawling off of your fingertips left and right.

You are making me feel very uneasy even through an internet forum discussion and that's something new for me.

You need some help, I can't say much more than that.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
18-03-2015, 01:29 PM
(18-03-2015 08:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So if god told CoTW to blow up the Parliament Building, apparently he'd do it. Or sacrifice children on an altar, or even build a nuclear bomb and kill a swath of people from the Middle East.

People, people. You guys sound like fools. You are giving me a scenario at which the Almighty God commands me to do something. Not the President. Not the Emperor. Not Pharaoh. But the Almighty God, Supreme ruler of the entire universe. And if this God is omnibenevolent like my religion says he is, then every commandment that he gives is the RIGHT thing to do...regardless of what you people think, believe, or agree with.

God cannot make a morally wrong decision, so anything that he commands is for the greater good. Now of course, I don't expect you heathens on here to understand this. But what I find hilarious is how you people are so distraught about this, but yet you don't even know how you even obtained your own moral standards. Was your moral standards part of natural selection? Laugh out load

(18-03-2015 08:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It's just a goddamned good thing this goddamned fuckin deity doesn't exist. Unfortunately it does in his head and that's a big problem.

Well, let me put it to you this way, dance. And this goes for everyone that is bitching about this. We don't live that long, do we? 85 years? Some make it to 100...100+...but most of us will be dead before we hit 90....in that small fraction of finite time, you have a choice to make...you can either use common sense and realize that there aint no way in hell that a mindless, blind process can give you legs to walk, eyes to see, ears to hear, consciousness, etc...or you can realize that all of this specified complexity comes from a Grand Designer.

You say its a good thing this deity doesn't exist (the short version), but you need to hope that for your own sake. And whether you like it or not, God exists, buddy. And in due time, there will literally be hell to pay.