Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2015, 02:23 AM
RE: Question about flood
(19-03-2015 12:34 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Now here is the question, based on that, what the FUCK difference would it make whether I killed a child or not???

Because you are extinguishing the life of a sentient fellow human being, causing untold misery to those that care about the child. It's not your choice to take a life basically.

Accepting that our sun will not sustain life indefinately and the larger view of the end of the universe does not give free reign to cause pain to others during our insignificant lifetimes. We have evolved with a sense of social responsibility to others, largely through everyone having the same basic right to live.

Those that infringe the fundamental laws of not harming or injuring others are removed from that society. Which is what I think should happen to you. There are plenty of cases where murderers have cited 'god told me to do it' and they are locked up for life usually and diagnosed with mental disorders almost always.

What if that child heard gods voice in his head shortly before you killed him, telling him to kill you?

I can't believe this is actually being discussed to be honest. You can't justify your words unless you are deeply delusional. That being the only possible conclusion I can draw really, which brings me to recommend again that you go to seek out some professional help.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
19-03-2015, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 19-03-2015 02:47 AM by TubbyTubby.)
Question about flood
Here's a summary of the Deanna Laney murders

Laney woke up one night in May 2003 and took Joshua to the yard of her home in New Chapel Hill, Texas where she lifted a huge rock over her head and brought it down with all her strength against his skull, killing him. She did the same thing with Luke. Later on, she tried to kill her youngest son, 14-month-old Aaron, in the same way. He survived, but suffered severe head injuries.

During the investigation, Laney claimed God ordered her to bash in her sons' heads. Laney is a member of an Assemblies of God church, where she sang in the choir. A year earlier, she had told her fellow churchgoers that the world was coming to an end and that God had told her to get her house in order. Later on, she told a psychiatrist that she hoped she andAndrea Yates would end up working together as God's only witnesses at the end of the world.

Five mental health experts were consulted in her case: two each by the prosecution and defense, and one by the judge. All of them arrived at the conclusion that Laney suffered from psychotic delusions which made her unable to know right from wrong at the time of the killings. A Smith County found her not guilty by reason of insanity. She was committed to Kerrville State Hospital for eight years until her release in May 2012. However, she is subject to a list of conditions, including that she have no unsupervised contact with minors and submit to regular drug tests to ensure that she takes required medication.

See any similarities? Key words here are PSYCHOTIC DELUSIONS.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes TubbyTubby's post
19-03-2015, 03:28 AM
(18-03-2015 01:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-03-2015 08:27 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  It's crazy to know people (that's a stretch) like this live amongst us.

Let's hope the only life god commands him to kill is his only.

If God commanded me to kill my only, then doesn't that mean that God exists? You people are so emotionally distraught over this that the logical absurdities are just crawling off of your fingertips left and right.

If a burning bush told me to kill my kid, I'd check myself into a hospital to get evaluated because something clearly isn't right.

If a burning bush told you to kill your kid, you'd kill your kid.

This is why we can't have nice things.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-03-2015, 03:53 AM
(18-03-2015 11:42 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah, SERIOUSLY. When God tells you to do something, you do it first, ask questions later.

Hey COtW ever wonder why Abraham heard gods voice commanding him to kill his kid but god sends a messenger to stop the slaughter?

Why not a personal visit from it instead?

Is it possible satan was playing god?

Quote:I don't expect an atheist to understand this concept.

What do you think it would take for you to convince an atheist to believe in your concept of reality?

[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
19-03-2015, 05:55 AM
(19-03-2015 12:20 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, I will put it to you this way, Robby...if what I am being told contradicts scripture, then I am imagining God telling me. But if what I am being told is in harmony with what Christ taught, then it gets God's stamp of approval.

At what point did Christ teach to kill children? You said you'd do it, so that implies you think that killing kids has God's stamp of approval.

If you are willing to admit that it's possible you imagine God's voice (in the case of it contradicting scripture), how do you know that you're not imagining something that is "in harmony" with it? Whether or not something matches (your interpretation of) the Bible has nothing to do with whether or not it is real.
19-03-2015, 05:55 AM
(18-03-2015 11:42 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yup, there are a lot of us out there, over a billion of people, in fact, that will do what God tells us to do regardless of what an "atheist" thinks or feels about it

There are over a billion people with their own personal hotline to a god that would obey it if their god told them to go and kill their own children? I prefer to think of the majority of people to be inherently moral. If they did think that god was telling them to kill their kids I'd think their doctor should be the first port of call before acting on it. They might be found to be schizophrenic.

I'm inclined to think that you're here to stir up some controversy and don't actually genuinely think this.

Fortunately man law trumps god law here on earth on these matters & I've heard they really don't treat child murderers very well in prison.

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -
19-03-2015, 09:26 AM
I agree with Nieko, I don't believe COTW would kill his/her child if asked of god.
19-03-2015, 09:28 AM
(19-03-2015 09:26 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  I agree with Nieko, I don't believe COTW would kill his/her child if asked of god.

Is that a faith position? The only evidence we have on this is that he said he would, in fact, do so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
19-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Bringing this back to the flood, has anybody suggested that maybe the mountains were not as high then as they are now? (Talking here about a make-believe world that had just been created a few hundred years earlier, or whatever dates they claim for the flood.)

As for this whole "problem" of mayhem, death, and destruction, isn't it obvious that IF there's a god, he's a sadistic, whimsical, sociopath who enjoys watching his creatures maim and rape and murder each other? I mean, any god who would build hell in which to torture for all eternity anyone who makes the mistake of believing in the wrong religion, is clearly big-time nasty.

I'm really glad I'm an atheist, because believing in god would terrify me, when you look around at the world he supposedly created. Sheesh! No wonder Christians are delusional: You have to be to live in this world if you think it was created on purpose.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
19-03-2015, 09:48 AM
(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Because you are extinguishing the life of a sentient fellow human being, causing untold misery to those that care about the child. It's not your choice to take a life basically.

When a lion kills a hyena calf, it is taking the life of a sentient animal. On atheism, humans are nothing but animals anyway..so what is the difference? Ohhh, I get it, human animals are above all other forms of life...but wait, isn't that the fallacy of speciesism, thinking our species (human) is somehow more morally special than other species? Consider

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Accepting that our sun will not sustain life indefinately and the larger view of the end of the universe does not give free reign to cause pain to others during our insignificant lifetimes.

It doesn't give free reign to cause pain to others? That is YOUR opinion. If, by me causing pain to others, it gives me a sense of stress relief and even makes me happy, why can't I do whateever makes me feel happy? You can give me a thousand reasons why it is wrong, and I can give you a thousand reasons why it is right. So in the end, who is right, and who is wrong??? How is does your moral standard have any more virtue than mines?

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  We have evolved with a sense of social responsibility to others, largely through everyone having the same basic right to live.

Ohhh, so if we hadn't evolved the sense of social responsibility, and we evovled the sense of "do unto others in whatever way pleases you", then that would make the torture of a child right? So our morality comes from how we evovled, so it could have been something completely contrary to what you think it is today?

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  Those that infringe the fundamental laws of not harming or injuring others are removed from that society. Which is what I think should happen to you.

In a society where people have God given moral codes written in their hearts, that is where we get those "fundemental" laws that you cherish. Take away God, and you have no idea where you get your moral standards from...and evolution says nothing about morality and what humans "ought" to do, so you are going to have to find a different answer than that, pal.

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  There are plenty of cases where murderers have cited 'god told me to do it' and they are locked up for life usually and diagnosed with mental disorders almost always.

We are in no position to know who God spoke to and when.

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  What if that child heard gods voice in his head shortly before you killed him, telling him to kill you?

What if...what if...what if.

(19-03-2015 02:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I can't believe this is actually being discussed to be honest. You can't justify your words unless you are deeply delusional. That being the only possible conclusion I can draw really, which brings me to recommend again that you go to seek out some professional help.

I know, God talking to people is a hard concept for atheists to understand..but when it comes to inanimate matter coming to life, they are all for that kind of shit Laugh out load