Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2015, 04:03 PM
RE: Question about flood
(14-03-2015 03:52 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 04:43 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  I asked a christian yesterday about how Noah and his animals could survive the altitude of 8000m and the oxygen problems.

He said "The sea could be at different heights/levels at different parts of the world as you don't need 8000m with water to cover England as an example."
"There can be local floods without other countries being flood, too."

Is this a valid arguement?
Could the waterlevel be different at different places in the world and therefore eliminating the altitude arguement?

If God was in control of the whole ordeal, then what is an "oxygen" problem?? Laugh out load

If god was in control, why'd Noah have to send a dove to look for land when he was on speaking terms a few pages prior?
In fact, how'd a god fuck up so badly that a global purge was necessary to begin with...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
14-03-2015, 06:33 PM
(14-03-2015 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  In fact, how'd a god fuck up so badly that a global purge was necessary to begin with...

Apparently he couldn't keep his henchmen angels' dicks in their pants either since that gave us those damn giants.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
14-03-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-03-2015 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If god was in control, why'd Noah have to send a dove to look for land when he was on speaking terms a few pages prior?

Because sometimes God lets people find out things for themselves without intervening at every given circumstance.

(14-03-2015 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  In fact, how'd a god fuck up so badly that a global purge was necessary to begin with...

How did the people fuck up so badly that a global purge was necessary to begin with.
14-03-2015, 07:34 PM
(14-03-2015 07:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  If god was in control, why'd Noah have to send a dove to look for land when he was on speaking terms a few pages prior?

Because sometimes God lets people find out things for themselves without intervening at every given circumstance.

Yabut, in your previous post you said god was in control of it anyway, or was god only selectively in control of the situation?

(14-03-2015 07:25 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

How did the people fuck up so badly that a global purge was necessary to begin with.

You say that as if it's the humans' fault. I can't blame a program for running poorly, that rests on the programmer's head.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-03-2015, 08:41 PM
(14-03-2015 07:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, in your previous post you said god was in control of it anyway, or was god only selectively in control of the situation?

What does God being in control have to do with Noah sending a bird out to see if there was any dry land?

(14-03-2015 07:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You say that as if it's the humans' fault. I can't blame a program for running poorly, that rests on the programmer's head.

So it is God's fault for casting judgement upon people that commit evil acts?
15-03-2015, 04:41 AM
(14-03-2015 08:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 07:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You say that as if it's the humans' fault. I can't blame a program for running poorly, that rests on the programmer's head.

No. For making humans in such a way that he knew ahead of time that they'd do those evil acts (omniscience) when he had the option to create them another way so they wouldn't without destroying free will (omnipotence), and thus being an evil prick himself both for the evil he created and for the brutal solution he used (not omnibenevolent). Seriously, strike all the evil humans barren, have Noah walk somewhere else, problem solved.
[+] 3 users Like OddGamer's post
15-03-2015, 05:04 AM
(14-03-2015 08:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

Wait, you mean to tell me that your god lacks the power to create a system where judgement was not even needed? Is your god not powerful enough to create a system with meaningful choice, but without evil in need of judgement?

Well, so much for omnipotence! Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-03-2015, 06:24 AM
Arguing about "Noah's Ark" in terms of it's scientific validity is about on par with discussing how a radioactive spider bite allows Peter Parker to hang off of buildings..........

There's simply no point in it.

You only like doing it because you're an idiot, or, you like beating up on the idiots who believe it.

I'd rather be in the second group.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-03-2015, 07:58 AM
(15-03-2015 04:41 AM)OddGamer Wrote:  No. For making humans in such a way that he knew ahead of time that they'd do those evil acts (omniscience) when he had the option to create them another way so they wouldn't without destroying free will (omnipotence)

Well, wouldn't true free will give rise to the option of rebellion?? If free will was the agenda, then it is not possible to MAKE someone FREELY choose to do something.

Second, as far as omniscience is concerned, this is a difficult concept to grasp and I admit that I haven't found a satisfactory answer yet. However, it is my personal belief that the evidence for theism is very obvious, and if you choose to deliberately deny the obvious, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

(15-03-2015 04:41 AM)OddGamer Wrote:  , and thus being an evil prick himself both for the evil he created and for the brutal solution he used (not omnibenevolent).

Without objective moral value, your opinions of the benevolence of God becomes rather...subjective.
15-03-2015, 08:00 AM
(15-03-2015 05:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Wait, you mean to tell me that your god lacks the power to create a system where judgement was not even needed?

In heaven, a judgement system is not needed...so there ya go.

(15-03-2015 05:04 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Is your god not powerful enough to create a system with meaningful choice, but without evil in need of judgement?

Well, so much for omnipotence! Weeping

It is called HEAVEN Laugh out load