Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: Question about flood
(25-03-2015 10:54 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  You sir, COW, are a completely simple- minded human being that just cannot think outside of your mental condition you suffer from.

Yeah, my thoughts are soooo jacked up, and everyone elses' thoughts are A-ok, right? Mannn please Laugh out load

(25-03-2015 10:54 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Every animal or plant, living or fossil, is a transitional form you dolt.

Same thing I just told Chas...the above statement is your religious beliefs, thanks for telling me...I will tell you mines, since it is only fair. My religious belief is that every animal, plant, living organism, were created by an Intelligent Designer, and humans, specifically, were made in this Designer's image.

That is my religious beliefs. You told me yours, and I told you mines.

(25-03-2015 10:54 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  If you educate yourself, and not just dismiss what you don't comprehend, you will realize that there are numerous fossilized creatures which clearly exhibit characteristics of their ancestors, along with generations after they lived and died.

I agree, the fossilized remains of dogs today will resemble the fossilized remains of dogs from yesterday. No problems there.

(25-03-2015 10:54 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  If you think a lizard gave birth to a sparrow at some time, then you are hopeless and stupid in regards to science. You would be ignorant but since you have been told how it works, and asked to research how it works, hence you are now stupid.

Evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved in to birds. Now, whether you think this occurred over long periords of time, or suddenly at once...I really don't give a damn. I don't see any evidence that it happened at ALL.

(25-03-2015 10:54 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Think of it as languages and not animals - do you think that a Latin speaking woman just gave birth to an Italian speaking child one glorious morning in the past? that is right - NO! The Italian language morphed and formed over time into what is spoken in Italy today. Now please educate yourself and don't stop thinking and asking right at that first mental block of "don't make sense to me cuz I don't see it happen".

All I know is, I am being told that X happened/happens, and so far, I've yet to see convincing evidence that X happened/happens, and so far, the evidence that HAS been presented to me is not convincing enough, if at all.

Plain and simple.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2015, 09:44 AM
(26-03-2015 08:38 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Or start with some of the popular literature, like Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth"

http://www.amazon.com/The-Greatest-Show-...1416594795

Or you could start with "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".
26-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Question about flood
(26-03-2015 09:44 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 08:38 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Or start with some of the popular literature, like Dawkins' "The Greatest Show on Earth"

Or you could start with "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

You asked for evidence and I gave you a small sampling.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
26-03-2015, 10:31 AM

Enjoy the reading.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...2214010471
26-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Nuked due to junk work network.
26-03-2015, 10:56 AM

Except in the beginning of the universe, the Earth wasn't here. There is absolutely no evidence that supports that claim and plenty of it that shows that statement is false. There were no stars in the sky until day 4 so where are the heavens? This is of course completely ignoring that there is no light source (i.e. stars) for the first 3 days in the sky so how was there light and dark with no light source especially since the sun is a star? Also, if dark is really the absence of light, you can't really "create" dark can you? You only need to remove the light source which of course you didn't have until day 4. Your mental gymnastics have got to be the caliber of an Olympian to think this is accurate with what we know of the universe now. For primitive people, sure. For us now, no excuse.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
26-03-2015, 11:02 AM

So you have made it your life long goal to remain willfully stupid, to which you show pride and arrogance. To ignore all of the evidence and scientific facts shown to you in this one thread alone, and still conclude that "magic" is the only explanation, really says so much about the grips of this mental condition of delusion folks like you cannot escape. So, so, so sad and embarrassing.

Oh, and "mines" is not a word in that context.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 2 users Like Timber1025's post
26-03-2015, 12:32 PM
light from Andromeda galaxy takes 2.5+ million years to reach earth.....uhoh, there goes the 6,000=10,000 years old earth theory Rolleyes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-03-2015, 12:42 PM
(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 09:44 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Or you could start with "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth".

So you have made it your life long goal to remain willfully stupid, to which you show pride and arrogance. To ignore all of the evidence and scientific facts shown to you in this one thread alone, and still conclude that "magic" is the only explanation, really says so much about the grips of this mental condition of delusion folks like you cannot escape. So, so, so sad and embarrassing.

Oh, and "mines" is not a word in that context.

BravoClap

26-03-2015, 01:01 PM
(26-03-2015 12:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  light from Andromeda galaxy takes 2.5+ million years to reach earth.....uhoh, there goes the 6,000=10,000 years old earth theory Rolleyes

Well, as you know - there's always a [terrible, ad-hoc] excuse for inconvenient details like that.

The gist of which if taken to its logical conclusion is that it's irrelevant, since if by all possible observation outside "revelation" the universe appears a certain way - and, more the point, acts in a certain, knowable way, and all possible observation and testing are nonetheless wholly consistent, making the purported origin meaningless when it comes to understanding and predicting current and future behaviour.

Not to mention the part where such motivated reasoning obviates literalism regardless.

But following assumptions to their natural conclusions isn't exactly a process widely associated with religious fundamentalists. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post