Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 01:35 PM
RE: Question about flood
(26-03-2015 09:42 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  All I know is, I am being told that X happened/happens, and so far, I've yet to see convincing evidence that X happened/happens, and so far, the evidence that HAS been presented to me is not convincing enough, if at all.

Plain and simple.

You haven't actually looked at the evidence.

Plain and simple. It is plain that you are simple.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
26-03-2015, 01:37 PM
(26-03-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 09:42 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  All I know is, I am being told that X happened/happens, and so far, I've yet to see convincing evidence that X happened/happens, and so far, the evidence that HAS been presented to me is not convincing enough, if at all.

Plain and simple.

You haven't actually looked at the evidence.

I doubt there's any evidence that would convince him, so long as he's predetermined not to be convinced...

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-03-2015, 02:26 PM
(26-03-2015 01:37 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  You haven't actually looked at the evidence.

I doubt there's any evidence that would convince him, so long as he's predetermined not to be convinced...

It's the ol' Kent Hovind tactic. They sit there and preach about evolution being about transformations such as a reptile directly to a bird, yet when you present the evidence they either say "Hey look that requires faith!" without engaging or they go off into another topic.

Or they don't even read or take a moment to understand the evidence you are showing them. You'd think if they had legitimate questions they'd address specific portions of the theory and try to see why X or Y occurs.
26-03-2015, 04:31 PM
(26-03-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is plain that you are simple.

Keep the one-liners coming, Chas Thumbsup
26-03-2015, 04:35 PM
(26-03-2015 04:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 01:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  It is plain that you are simple.

Keep the one-liners coming, Chas Thumbsup

It's all you're good for. You have shown little intelligence, little knowledge, and a lot of delusion.

You are now merely fodder for comedy. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2015, 04:38 PM
(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So you have made it your life long goal to remain willfully stupid

If by "willfully stupid" you mean that I am a person that doesn't believe that reptiles produced birds millions of years ago when humans were conveniently NOT around to witness it?

If that is the standard of being stupid...I guess that would make me....stupid.

(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  ignore all of the evidence and scientific facts shown to you in this one thread alone

Who is ignoring the evidence? I've considered the evidence, and determined that it is not sufficient...far from ignoring.

(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  and still conclude that "magic" is the only explanation

If you believe that life came from nonlife, I am not the only one believing in magic.

(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Oh, and "mines" is not a word in that context.

And?
26-03-2015, 05:05 PM
(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Except in the beginning of the universe, the Earth wasn't here.

You are assuming that the "and" in between "heavens/earth" isn't over a long period of time.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There is absolutely no evidence that supports that claim and plenty of it that shows that statement is false.

After a potentially false assumption from the previous statement, the above statement does not necessarily follow.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  There were no stars in the sky until day 4 so where are the heavens?

So are you saying that it isn't possible for there to have been a sky with no stars?

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  This is of course completely ignoring that there is no light source (i.e. stars) for the first 3 days in the sky

Yet, in Gen 1:3-4 is when God said "let there be light". So how you are falsely concluding that there was no light source for the first 3 days is beyond me, especially since it clearly states that God made the light even before the first offical day was over.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  so how was there light and dark with no light source especially since the sun is a star? [

First off, I am not clear as to what light was actually manifested in Gen 1:3-4, we can only speculate. Second, lets not assume that there has to be literal sunshine outside for it to be considered "day". At 5am in the morning, it is still considered "day", whether the sun is out or not.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Also, if dark is really the absence of light, you can't really "create" dark can you?

As the earth rotates, the light from the sun is separated from the darkness. I assume that this is what it means.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  You only need to remove the light source which of course you didn't have until day 4.

On day 4, God said "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky"....do you see that? "Lights"....that is plural. I am not sure as to how many sources of light there were at that specific time in history.

(26-03-2015 10:56 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Your mental gymnastics have got to be the caliber of an Olympian to think this is accurate with what we know of the universe now. For primitive people, sure. For us now, no excuse.

I'm sure I will get by Cool
26-03-2015, 05:10 PM
(26-03-2015 04:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 04:31 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Keep the one-liners coming, Chas Thumbsup

It's all you're good for. You have shown little intelligence, little knowledge, and a lot of delusion.

You are now merely fodder for comedy. Drinking Beverage

Which in and of itself is a valuable public service.

#sigh
26-03-2015, 05:36 PM
(26-03-2015 04:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 11:02 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  So you have made it your life long goal to remain willfully stupid

If by "willfully stupid" you mean that I am a person that doesn't believe that reptiles produced birds millions of years ago when humans were conveniently NOT around to witness it?
You are willfully stupid in that you refuse to see that that is not how evolution works and when given links that explain evolution you ignore them and continue to tout this "bird pops out of reptile" silliness.
*cough here's a link on the origin of birds cough*

(26-03-2015 04:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If that is the standard of being stupid...I guess that would make me....stupid.
Guess so.

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 4 users Like Russ's post
26-03-2015, 06:30 PM
It's hard to explain biology to people who accept the idea that non living dirt can become living human beings.

A mind that accepts eternity but yet can't fathom millions of years.

A person who is literally different from their parents and cannot grasp how these small changes over time can bring about larger changes down the road.

People that stick to dogma are destined to drown in it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post