Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2015, 08:46 PM
RE: Question about flood
(26-03-2015 12:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  light from Andromeda galaxy takes 2.5+ million years to reach earth.....uhoh, there goes the 6,000=10,000 years old earth theory Rolleyes
Ah, yeah, see, light travelled faster back then.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 01:30 AM
(26-03-2015 12:32 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  light from Andromeda galaxy takes 2.5+ million years to reach earth.....uhoh, there goes the 6,000=10,000 years old earth theory Rolleyes

You've clearly never heard the "Appearance of Age gambit".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
27-03-2015, 03:25 AM
(26-03-2015 05:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 04:35 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's all you're good for. You have shown little intelligence, little knowledge, and a lot of delusion.

You are now merely fodder for comedy. Drinking Beverage

Which in and of itself is a valuable public service.

I'll bet COtW creates more atheist/agnostics from the christians who are on the fence that come here for religious reinforcement.
[+] 3 users Like H4ym4n's post
27-03-2015, 06:03 AM
(27-03-2015 03:25 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I'll bet COtW creates more atheist/agnostics from the christians who are on the fence that come here for religious reinforcement.

Makes sense when your choices are to listen to the rational people or listen to a lone, self-admitted wanna-be serial killer who only doesn't kill because a book told him not to and the voices haven't told him to yet.
27-03-2015, 06:10 AM
(27-03-2015 06:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Makes sense when your choices are to listen to the rational people or listen to a lone, self-admitted wanna-be serial killer who only doesn't kill because a book told him not to and the voices haven't told him to yet.

My voices told me his voices are Satan whispering in his ear. Mine are legit though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-03-2015, 06:41 AM
(26-03-2015 09:42 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ... Evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved in to birds. Now, whether you think this occurred over long periords of time, or suddenly at once...I really don't give a damn. I don't see any evidence that it happened at ALL.

The reason you don't see any evidence is that you've shut your eyes so tight it must be painful.

You, of course, "really don't give a damn," about evidence, as you say above, but for anyone who does want to see some evidence for evolution, presented in a manner that's easy and fun to read, I recommend The Panda's Thumb by Stephan Jay Gould, who is one of my favorite science writers. The book is a collection of essays, each about a different animal trait that would be stupid for an "intelligent" designer to design, but which follows logically from the process of natural selection.

(26-03-2015 09:42 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  ... Who is ignoring the evidence? I've considered the evidence, and determined that it is not sufficient...far from ignoring.

Yes, of course. Every scientist in the field of paleontology in the entire world, people who've studied the forms of animals and the functions of body parts, who've spent decades unearthing and studying fossils, considers the evidence of evolution indisputable. But you, without any education in the field, without reading any of the literature, based solely on what you hear preached from the pulpit or think you read in the Bible, you feel yourself qualified to judge the evidence and find it lacking.

Note to all readers: This is a tactic regularly used by creationists: When faced with indisputable evidence, they just say "I don't believe it." They are closed to all logic and all evidence because they can just say "I don't believe it." Another line, which Mr. Wild has also used is "I don't care."

And since Call has mentioned birds, any basic text on evolution will show pictures of fossils that show a clear, step-by-step evolution from archaeopteryx (a small dinosaur) to modern birds. Birds are clearly not dinosaurs, but they evolved from them, just as reptiles are not fishes, but evolved from them, etc. But of course, Call_of_the_Wild, according to his own words, doesn't give a damn and doesn't care and doesn't believe it. He rejects the evidence without any qualifications for judging it. All the experts in the world are wrong, because, without having read any source material, or having any education in the field, he finds it lacking.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 5 users Like daniel1948's post
27-03-2015, 07:04 AM
(26-03-2015 01:01 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Well, as you know - there's always a [terrible, ad-hoc] excuse for inconvenient details like that.

The gist of which if taken to its logical conclusion is that it's irrelevant, since if by all possible observation outside "revelation" the universe appears a certain way - and, more the point, acts in a certain, knowable way, and all possible observation and testing are nonetheless wholly consistent, making the purported origin meaningless when it comes to understanding and predicting current and future behaviour.

Not to mention the part where such motivated reasoning obviates literalism regardless.

But following assumptions to their natural conclusions isn't exactly a process widely associated with religious fundamentalists. So there's that.

The mental contortions the faithful put themselves through in order to cling onto fabricated delusion never ceases to amaze me.....the always popular...ever prevalent "GODDIDIT" escapism clause is always their default when cornered by irrefutable facts, empirical evidence and the inconvenience of superior logic Facepalm Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
27-03-2015, 07:15 AM
(27-03-2015 06:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 03:25 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  I'll bet COtW creates more atheist/agnostics from the christians who are on the fence that come here for religious reinforcement.

Makes sense when your choices are to listen to the rational people or listen to a lone, self-admitted wanna-be serial killer who only doesn't kill because a book told him not to and the voices haven't told him to yet.

How epic would it be if COtW was really an atheist playing the roll of a whacked out f'd up christian.

It is scary that the westboro baptist, COtW and the KKK are real and living amongst us.
27-03-2015, 10:30 AM
(26-03-2015 05:36 PM)Russ Wrote:  You are willfully stupid in that you refuse to see that that is not how evolution works and when given links that explain evolution you ignore them and continue to tout this "bird pops out of reptile" silliness.

Because...evolutionists like to razzle & dazzle you with technical babble...and I simply move pass the technical babble and get right to the meat and potatoes of the matter..and once you take away the fluff and feathers and all of the technical goop that typically runs along side the theory...you will get to the fact that evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved into birds..in fact, that is what the archeopteryx was all about, right?

So again, advocates of the theory always make it seem as if they are so damn smart and people that don't accept the theory are so dumb. Oh, we understand the theory, trust me. It aint rocket science...we just don't believe it. Nothing more, nothing less.
27-03-2015, 10:32 AM
(27-03-2015 10:30 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 05:36 PM)Russ Wrote:  You are willfully stupid in that you refuse to see that that is not how evolution works and when given links that explain evolution you ignore them and continue to tout this "bird pops out of reptile" silliness.

Because...evolutionists like to razzle & dazzle you with technical babble...and I simply move pass the technical babble and get right to the meat and potatoes of the matter..and once you take away the fluff and feathers and all of the technical goop that typically runs along side the theory...you will get to the fact that evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved into birds..in fact, that is what the archeopteryx was all about, right?

So again, advocates of the theory always make it seem as if they are so damn smart and people that don't accept the theory are so dumb. Oh, we understand the theory, trust me. It aint rocket science...we just don't believe it. Nothing more, nothing less.

It's not about belief; it is about evaluating the evidence and understanding that evolution has occurred, is occurring, and will continue to occur.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post