Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 10:35 AM
Question about flood
(27-03-2015 10:30 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(26-03-2015 05:36 PM)Russ Wrote:  You are willfully stupid in that you refuse to see that that is not how evolution works and when given links that explain evolution you ignore them and continue to tout this "bird pops out of reptile" silliness.

Because...evolutionists like to razzle & dazzle you with technical babble...and I simply move pass the technical babble and get right to the meat and potatoes of the matter..and once you take away the fluff and feathers and all of the technical goop that typically runs along side the theory...you will get to the fact that evolutionists believe that reptiles evolved into birds..in fact, that is what the archeopteryx was all about, right?

So again, advocates of the theory always make it seem as if they are so damn smart and people that don't accept the theory are so dumb. Oh, we understand the theory, trust me. It aint rocket science...we just don't believe it. Nothing more, nothing less.

You ever look at any of the texts I posted for you?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2015, 10:37 AM
RE: Question about flood
(26-03-2015 06:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  It's hard to explain biology to people who accept the idea that non living dirt can become living human beings.

If God exists, then turning non living dirt to living human beings is childs play. But what makes absolutely no sense whatsoever is the concept of non living matter suddenly/gradually coming to life.

Makes no sense.

(26-03-2015 06:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  A mind that accepts eternity but yet can't fathom millions of years.

Nonsense. There are plenty of Christians who accept the idea of evolution, and some Christians are even old earth creationists...so the above statement is cool to win brownie points amongst your atheist friends on here...it just doesn't reflect reality.

(26-03-2015 06:30 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  A person who is literally different from their parents and cannot grasp how these small changes over time can bring about larger changes down the road.

The "grasping" of the concept is not difficult...the difficult part is the convincing evidence, which, in my opinion, is lacking.
27-03-2015, 10:42 AM
(27-03-2015 10:30 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So again, advocates of the theory always make it seem as if they are so damn smart and people that don't accept the theory are so dumb. Oh, we understand the theory, trust me. It aint rocket science...we just don't believe it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Considering you said that Evolution and Abiogenesis are dependent on each other (if one falls, the other follows), or that they are even the same thing... well, maybe you don't understand it quite properly.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
27-03-2015, 10:51 AM
debating evolution is a hubristic show of ignorance, evolution is occurring right now, is observable, thus is true. Establishing evolution as the source of life is based on careful analysis of all available information, testing like miller-urey experiment which re-created spontaneous life (aminos are the building blocks from which life springs) by applying heat and electricity (lightning) and basic gases that would have been available. Now, can we say with ABSOLUTE certainty that is what happened? Of course not. Can we present the entire chain of fossil evidence from amoeba to man? of course not. But we have an evidence trail from which an intelligent person would surmise leans toward evolutionary processes as the path of life.

OR

We can believe a magical genie floating in space wiggled his finger and POOF everything just popped into place, vestigial organs and evidence of evolution within our bodies and all Rolleyes

These are the two most prevalent theories, one based on evidence, and observation, and the other on fantasy and philosophy.

Perhaps there is a creative force we do not even know of? Perhaps my posit of Uranusians is the source of life, with their bottled unicorn farts and such Consider Like the believers in god, I don't have any proof though.

Guess that leaves evolutionary scientists....those crazy bastards and their fuck ton of physical evidence.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
27-03-2015, 11:16 AM
(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The reason you don't see any evidence is that you've shut your eyes so tight it must be painful.

I can say the same thing to you regarding your refusal to accept Christianity because of the "evidence" I present.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  You, of course, "really don't give a damn," about evidence, as you say above, but for anyone who does want to see some evidence for evolution, presented in a manner that's easy and fun to read, I recommend The Panda's Thumb by Stephan Jay Gould, who is one of my favorite science writers.

Or I could just read Alice in Wonderland.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  The book is a collection of essays, each about a different animal trait that would be stupid for an "intelligent" designer to design, but which follows logically from the process of natural selection.

What is "stupid" is in the eye of the beholder. A "bad" design or a "stupid" design is still a design, and a design, whether bad or stupid, requires a designer.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Yes, of course. Every scientist in the field of paleontology in the entire world, people who've studied the forms of animals and the functions of body parts, who've spent decades unearthing and studying fossils, considers the evidence of evolution indisputable.

When you see a fossil, and you determine anything besides "this once living animal has now died"...if you determine anything besides that, then you've left science and dived right in the pool of religion.

You don't know if that fossil had any children, and you certainly don't know if it had DIFFERENT children.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  But you, without any education in the field, without reading any of the literature, based solely on what you hear preached from the pulpit or think you read in the Bible, you feel yourself qualified to judge the evidence and find it lacking.

Well, I have a theory of my own, which is that most scientists in the field are NOT theists, and on that note, evolution (for them) is the only game in town. So they HAVE to interpret every discovery from a naturalistic perspective, no matter how improbable the odds are.

But unfortunately for them, the evidence or lack thereof for the theory either rises or falls on its own merits.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  Note to all readers: This is a tactic regularly used by creationists: When faced with indisputable evidence, they just say "I don't believe it."

Indisputable evidence <-----Laughat

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  They are closed to all logic and all evidence because they can just say "I don't believe it." Another line, which Mr. Wild has also used is "I don't care."

Dude, seriously...are you accusing creationists of being closed minded? Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black? Because atheists/naturalists are some of the most closed minded people in the WORLD. Some will rather believe that the universe popped in to being uncaused out of nothing before they believe in God...and if that ain't closed minded, I don't know what the hell is.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  And since Call has mentioned birds, any basic text on evolution will show pictures of fossils that show a clear, step-by-step evolution from archaeopteryx (a small dinosaur) to modern birds. Birds are clearly not dinosaurs, but they evolved from them, just as reptiles are not fishes, but evolved from them, etc.

This is describing what the theory is...it isn't explaining HOW the changes occurred. This is the evolutionists version of "Naturedidit".

The whole idea of evolution is "No one has ever saw it happen, and no one will ever see it happen..........but.........it happens".

Laughable.

(27-03-2015 06:41 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  But of course, Call_of_the_Wild, according to his own words, doesn't give a damn and doesn't care and doesn't believe it. He rejects the evidence without any qualifications for judging it. All the experts in the world are wrong, because, without having read any source material, or having any education in the field, he finds it lacking.

Actually, what I said was I don't give a damn whether you believe the changes happened suddenly, or gradually...I don't give a damn which one you choose, take your pick...because what I am saying is it didn't happen at ALL.
27-03-2015, 11:19 AM
(27-03-2015 07:15 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  How epic would it be if COtW was really an atheist playing the roll of a whacked out f'd up christian.

So I will pretend to be whacked out f'd up christian, when I am actually a whacked out f'd up atheist? Makes no sense.
27-03-2015, 11:24 AM
(27-03-2015 10:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's not about belief; it is about evaluating the evidence and understanding that evolution has occurred, is occurring, and will continue to occur.

I will put it to you this way, Chas; When you read the New Testament, specifically regarding the Resurrection account..when you read it, it seems like nonsensical bullshit to you, right?

Well, when I am read anything regarding evolution or naturalism, it seems like nonsensical bullshit to me.

The evidence for the Resurrection is convincing to me, but not to you. The evidence for evolution is NOT convincing to me, but convincing to you.

I will assume we both evaluated the evidence on both sides, and we draw two different conclusions regarding each one. Christianity isn't for everyone, but neither is evolution.
27-03-2015, 11:26 AM
(27-03-2015 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ever look at any of the texts I posted for you?

No, because I can just as easily post links to back up my position too. So in the end, who wins?
27-03-2015, 11:27 AM
(27-03-2015 11:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 10:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ever look at any of the texts I posted for you?

No, because I can just as easily post links to back up my position too. So in the end, who wins?

The one who actually reads wins. You lose.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2015, 11:28 AM
(27-03-2015 10:42 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Considering you said that Evolution and Abiogenesis are dependent on each other (if one falls, the other follows), or that they are even the same thing... well, maybe you don't understand it quite properly.

Actually I never said they are the same thing, but I did say that one is dependent upon the other (if God is negated), which is a 100% factual statement...so why you are sitting there questioning a factual statement is beyond me.

But some people just feel the need to say something.