Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
RE: Question about flood
(01-04-2015 09:06 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 06:28 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Ah, the old, "if we came from apes, why are there still apes?" argument.

Kind of like how atheists use the old "Oh yeah, well if the universe began to exist and everything has a cause, well...where did GODDDD come from??"

Laugh out load
Seems like a valid question to me. If everything has a cause you can't just say god is a special case. If god can not have a cause, why not remove god from the equation and say the universe is a special case and didn't have a beginning?

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Russ's post
01-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Special pleading anyone?

Popcorn
[+] 1 user Likes H4ym4n's post
01-04-2015, 09:29 AM
(31-03-2015 11:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  Ya know, CotW...

Look at you guys. Every time someone challenges your perfect Christianity you tremble. Now... every time you challenge say evolution... does that actually make a dent? Well, no, because you clearly don't know what you're talking about. But if you *were* a legitimate, intelligent person who *knew* what evolution was and presented a compelling alternative theory do you know what would happen? *The experts would either update the theory of evolution incorporating your stuff too, or if necessary abandon the theory altogether*. Evolution would become a relic, possibly taught for history purposes as in "Haha, look at what we used to think before CotW's ground-breaking paper"...

Science succeeds in explaining things because science *changes* to fit what we know of the world. Religion fails because it's rigid. It only changes (very unwillingly) when society makes practices like homosexuality acceptable and religions start to lose members over their hardline attitudes.

Religion: "We know the truth, GOD himself told us".
Science: "We have an *idea* which seems to fit our experimental data".

Think about the difference. Can you honestly say that you welcome challenges to your faith, or is it just one more person to go "Lalalalala, I can't *heaaaaar* you" to?

Let me just enlighten you on what is going on here...not just on this forum, but in the world, on particularly this very subject.

Now atheists, of course, don't believe in God, correct? Now, if God is taken out of the equation, atheists would still need to provide an explanation of the origin of species, and the origin of life, too. See, on atheism, evolution is the ONLY game in town. It MUST have happened...in fact, that is the ONLY way it could have happened.

That is exactly why, despite no observational evidence, you people are so hell bent on believing it. Dude, there is no evidence for evolution..as I pointed out, evolution is the interpretation of the fact. No one has ever seen reptile-bird transformations, yet, conveniently, the theory is it happened so long ago that no one has ever saw it, nor will those that are alive today will ever be able to see it.

Dude, if you don't see the con involved in that, then I can't help you. Either someone is duping you, or you are duping yourself. Either way, you are being duped.

But getting back to the interpretation stuff...the same thing I told GWOG...when you find an fossil, two things happen..

1. You make the observation:You observe a fossil...you look at it, examine it...analyze it.

2. You make an interpretation: You conclude that this fossil is the evolutionary predecessor of a modern day organism/animal.

The difference is...one is a FACT...the other is an opinion, because when I look at a fossil, that is NOT what I interpret...now, we both may have our own reason for why we interpret the same thing differently...but both are interpretations, nonetheless.

The problem that evolutionists have is they want to make their interpretation part of the fact, but sorry, Charlie, that ain't how it works. Now sure, you can believe that reptiles evolved into birds, you can believe that whales were once land dwelling animals, and you can believe that we all share a common ancestor..but that is not science, because science is based on observation...experiment...and prediction...and macroevolution completely FAILS in all regards.

Observation: You may observe the fossils, but no human has ever observed a reptile-bird kind of transformation. They believe that this occurred millions of years ago (conveniently), but no one has ever seen it.

Experiment: No one has ever conducted an experiment that would get you those macro kind of results.

Prediction: No one can predict when the next "changes" will occur.

So basically, evolution isn't even science...it is a default theory that unbelievers must believe in to account for species.
01-04-2015, 09:32 AM
(01-04-2015 09:05 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  So basically, he just threw time in there as if that somehow solved the problem, and that is exactly what you jokers are doing....you guys are basically saying "No, we didn't evolve from apes...both humans and apes share a common ancestor"...as if that is supposed to somehow solve the problem Laugh out loadLaugh out load

It's not as if it solves the problem, more like it is actually a fact dipshit.

(01-04-2015 09:05 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  I don't believe evolution happened AT ALL, ok? Whether it happened suddenly in a split second, or gradually over millions of years....whether humans evolved from apes, or whether humans and apes BOTH evolved from something else...how it happened is IRRELEVANT.

I thought I remember seeing you acknowledge 'micro evolution' at some point in your retarded ramblings?

In any case, you not believing evidence doesn't make evidence false, it just demonstrates your stupidness.

Does excessive stupidness compound itself indefinately or do retards simply vanish when the level gets too high?

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2015, 09:32 AM
(01-04-2015 09:17 AM)Russ Wrote:  Seems like a valid question to me. If everything has a cause you can't just say god is a special case.

Actually, the premise isn't "everything has a cause"...the premise is "everything that BEGINS to exist has a cause."

I didn't make the distinction on purpose, because atheists always misrepresent the argument. It is a prime example of being so quick to attack that you fail to adequately read what was said.
01-04-2015, 09:37 AM
(01-04-2015 09:32 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  It's not as if it solves the problem, more like it is actually a fact dipshit.

It is a fact because you NEED it to be a fact. As an atheist, anything less than a fact in this regard just opens the door for the G-word. Ohhh no, you can't have that. So it absolutely, positively, MUST be a a fact for you.

That is the game. It isn't a fact. How are you so sure that long ago, when no one was around to see it, that reptiles evolved into birds?? What makes you so damn sure?

(01-04-2015 09:32 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I thought I remember seeing you acknowledge 'micro evolution' at some point in your retarded ramblings?

I did. Micro evolution is a fact. You know why? Because we can see it...we can experiment with it, and we may be able to make predictions, based on a selective breeding process.

That is science. Macro evolution, on the other hand...not so much.

(01-04-2015 09:32 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  In any case, you not believing evidence doesn't make evidence false, it just demonstrates your stupidness.

Does excessive stupidness compound itself indefinately or do retards simply vanish when the level gets too high?

Yeah, I am stupid for not believing in your religion (evolution) Laugh out load I will gladly go to my grave stupid, then.
01-04-2015, 09:42 AM
(01-04-2015 09:05 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 04:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  This proves you have a childish, willfully ignorant misunderstanding of evolution.

Are you really this stupid? It's hard to differentiate this from mental illness.

(01-04-2015 06:10 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I wish stupidity could be bred out of our species, but unfortunately religion attaches itself to the gullible mind.

Make a list of your family tree going back five generations and you don't need actual names. Great Great Great grandfather on down, including distant cousins.

You share a common ancestor with your distant cousin.

We share a common ancestor with great apes.

Its as simple as that.

(01-04-2015 04:54 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  ahhhhh nothing starts my day off better than reading the absolute stupidity that falleth from Wail of the Child's mouth as he tries vainly to validate his delusion Laugh out load

Ahhh yes. This kinda reminds me of when I very first started the "life suddenly arose from nonliving material" stuff...and one of the joker atheists said something like "who said it "suddenly" arose...it happened gradually over long periods of time".

So basically, he just threw time in there as if that somehow solved the problem, and that is exactly what you jokers are doing....you guys are basically saying "No, we didn't evolve from apes...both humans and apes share a common ancestor"...as if that is supposed to somehow solve the problem Laugh out loadLaugh out load

I don't believe evolution happened AT ALL, ok? Whether it happened suddenly in a split second, or gradually over millions of years....whether humans evolved from apes, or whether humans and apes BOTH evolved from something else...how it happened is IRRELEVANT.

I am saying IT DIDN'T HAPPEN AT ALL. Hear me? IT....DID...NOT...HAPPEN...ALL...ALL.

Except there is evidence that it did happen and is happening now. You are simply too religiously delusional to actually look at evidence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-04-2015, 09:45 AM
(01-04-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 09:32 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  I thought I remember seeing you acknowledge 'micro evolution' at some point in your retarded ramblings?

I did. Micro evolution is a fact. You know why? Because we can see it...we can experiment with it, and we may be able to make predictions, based on a selective breeding process.

Please explain how small changes can't add up to large changes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-04-2015, 09:45 AM
(01-04-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Yeah, I am stupid for not believing in your religion (evolution) Laugh out load I will gladly go to my grave stupid, then.

If you delete the word 'religion' from that sentence it undoubtedly becomes the most sensible and factually correct thing that you have blathered out on this forum. Congratulations.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 2 users Like TubbyTubby's post
01-04-2015, 10:17 AM
(01-04-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  

So it can't possibly happen unless you've seen it happen? That's like someone who has never been out of the US insisting that everyone in the world must speak English, because, well, I've never seen anyone who doesn't. There are other kinds of evidence than "I've seen it happen".