Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2015, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 06:25 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
RE: Question about flood
(01-04-2015 05:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 02:17 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  lol oh the stupid, it burns, it truly does.

Again, I just want to publicly thank Wail of the Child for potentially helping to create more atheists than all of our efforts to do so could ever do. All of those guests who come by here daily and lurk, because they either are already atheists, or, they are battling inner doubt and are on the fence, reading the forums for information to help them figure out where they want to lean....and they read this idiot's assertions, his weak ass, baseless, factless interpretation of christian doctrine, his apparent inability to comprehend basic science, his epic level of failing to see the massive holes in every statement he makes....just helps those on the fence to hop down shaking their heads, and start their journey down the path of epistemological understanding of the real world around them free of delusion.

So thanks COTW, job well done Thumbsup

Awww, don't be so upset, GWOG...One day, I will EVENTUALLY let you win a debate against me. One day, when no one is around to see it, there will be a macro change of events between me and you...and that is the day that I will go from intellectually spanking you allll around the forum, to you actually making a sound argument and/or objection to what I say...now, since such a circumstance is on so much of a macro level, this may not happen for a few hundred million years. But it is a goal that you can have hope for.

In fact, I will give you my honest word (as a car salesman), that in a few hundred million years, in about the same time as it take for a reptile to change into a bird, you will win a debate with me.

ThumbsupThumbsup
LaughatLaughatLaughat Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

[Image: 14kv8yw.jpg]

[Image: 10ol440.png]

Der...have you...um...have you seen my baseball?

[Image: 29ush1e.gif]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2015, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 07:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-04-2015 05:04 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  In fact, I will give you my honest word (as a car salesman), that in a few hundred million years, in about the same time as it take for a reptile to change into a bird, you will win a debate with me.

I doubt that's enough time for you to even comprehend what a "debate" entails. Some brains just don't seem to be primed for it. It's not your fault, you just have too much cartilage getting in the way.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-04-2015, 06:58 PM
(01-04-2015 05:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  What i bolded should tell you something.

Second did you read what i wrote or did i do something right?

I will deal with you and your absurdities tomorrow.
01-04-2015, 07:00 PM
(01-04-2015 05:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have not yet actually engaged in a debate, let alone win one. All you have done is make baseless assertions and ignorant denials.

Your inflated self-image is ridiculous and if you were at all self-aware you would be embarrassed.

Still haven't managed to muster more than two sentences yet, huh Chas? Oh, wait...you've mustered three.
[+] 1 user Likes Call_of_the_Wild's post
01-04-2015, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 07:33 PM by The Organic Chemist.)
(01-04-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 09:32 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  It's not as if it solves the problem, more like it is actually a fact dipshit.

It is a fact because you NEED it to be a fact. As an atheist, anything less than a fact in this regard just opens the door for the G-word. Ohhh no, you can't have that. So it absolutely, positively, MUST be a a fact for you.

Do you realize you have actually described yourself here? This is exactly why you dodge questions. You just said that chas has only mustered three sentences but why should he do more if you ignore the one sentence challenges he has laid out? You have dodged so many questions by so many people that you only make yourself look even more stupid.

Edit: and you would be crying bullshit if any of us said "Dawkins said it, i believe it". No one has done that but you have on more than obe occasion. Hold yourself to the same standard of scrutiny that you hold us to. Evidence or STFU.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
(01-04-2015 07:00 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Still haven't managed to muster more than two sentences yet, huh Chas? Oh, wait...you've mustered three.

I LOL'ed at this post. Fucking brilliant.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
01-04-2015, 07:37 PM
(01-04-2015 07:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 09:37 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  It is a fact because you NEED it to be a fact. As an atheist, anything less than a fact in this regard just opens the door for the G-word. Ohhh no, you can't have that. So it absolutely, positively, MUST be a a fact for you.

Do you realize you have actually described yourself here?

He realizes it. Fucker's been trolling us since post #1. Nobody is this fucking stupid.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-04-2015, 07:38 PM
(01-04-2015 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 07:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Do you realize you have actually described yourself here?

He realizes it. Fucker's been trolling us since post #1. Nobody is this fucking stupid.

I don't think he is creative enough to pretend to be this stupid.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-04-2015, 09:19 PM
(01-04-2015 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-04-2015 07:28 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Do you realize you have actually described yourself here?

Ken Ham?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
01-04-2015, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2015 09:30 PM by Rahn127.)
Call - if past and present evidence holds no sway on your position on evolution, let's talk about the future.

Lets look at the next 2000 generations of your family tree. Some of your children and grand children will be taller than you. Their eye color will not be the same as yours. Some family traits from you will carry on throughout the next 100 generations. Perhaps your ability to sing or play an instrument well get refined and your great great great grandson 100 times down road becomes a superb singer.

Along the way, as society changes, and weather changes, members of your family tree that adapted to a more mountainous climate, survived because their skin was thicker, more layers of fat and those with more conical shaped ears were more likely to survive.

Another 500 generations and we see that the pinky finger is gone and your family tree now has 3 fingers and an extended longer thumb.

Another 100 generations and everyone is very hairy because only hairy people are seen as attractive enough to mate with.

Another 1300 generations and you won't recognize some creature with thin long limbs , a completely hairless body and large bulbous eyes that will look nothing like a present day human.

Now imagine a million generations down the road.
Do you really think that the shape and function of all of our body parts will remain the same after a million generations ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results