Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: Question about flood

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 06:18 PM
(02-04-2015 03:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 03:25 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Which debates do you watch? Is it by the so-called doctor who claims to be an expert while holding a $100 degree from a diploma mill?

Well, for starters, my introduction to Kent Hovind was watching him single handedly debate and intellectual DEMOLISH three evolutionists at the same damn time.

This was absolutely inspiring to a poor chap like me, and ever since then...well, here I am Laugh out load

You have yet to explain your claim that there is a limit on changes to species in evolution. That is that 'micro-evolution' can't lead to 'macro-evolution'.

Describe the mechanism that prevents countless small changes from adding up to a large change. Be specific.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-04-2015, 06:20 PM
(02-04-2015 06:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 03:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, for starters, my introduction to Kent Hovind was watching him single handedly debate and intellectual DEMOLISH three evolutionists at the same damn time.

This was absolutely inspiring to a poor chap like me, and ever since then...well, here I am Laugh out load

You have yet to explain your claim that there is a limit on changes to species in evolution. That is that 'micro-evolution' can't lead to 'macro-evolution'.

Describe the mechanism that prevents countless small changes from adding up to a large change. Be specific.

Brotha it s called excuse. Even if it fullfiles the defenition of macroevolutuion it would still be micro for convinience

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
02-04-2015, 06:46 PM
(13-03-2015 04:43 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  I asked a christian yesterday about how Noah and his animals could survive the altitude of 8000m and the oxygen problems.

This bring to mind a question. It might be a dumb question, I dunno but I gotta ask it.
Imagine for a moment that the flood actually happened. No need to include the rest of the nonsense in the tale. All the land is covered in water so sea levels are raised to 8000m as suggested.
What actually happens to the atmosphere? Is it thinner? I mean does gravity pull on it enough so the atmosphere is the same at the new sea level as it was at the old sea level. Is space the same distance from the centre of earth as it was before or does the raised sea level push the atmosphere outward? If space is the same distance from the centre of the earth doesn't the atmosphere become thicker?
Can any of you smart folks clear this up for me?
02-04-2015, 06:59 PM
(02-04-2015 04:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Since he wasn't capable of googling "what is the brain made up of" I doubt he knows how to google Dunning-Kruger effect.

And while you are "doubting" that, go ahead and doubt that whether or not knowing what the brain is made up of matters a damn when it comes to the Argument from Consciousness.

That is another thing you can doubt.
02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
(02-04-2015 06:46 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(13-03-2015 04:43 AM)Typho2k Wrote:  I asked a christian yesterday about how Noah and his animals could survive the altitude of 8000m and the oxygen problems.

This bring to mind a question. It might be a dumb question, I dunno but I gotta ask it.
Imagine for a moment that the flood actually happened. No need to include the rest of the nonsense in the tale. All the land is covered in water so sea levels are raised to 8000m as suggested.
What actually happens to the atmosphere? Is it thinner? I mean does gravity pull on it enough so the atmosphere is the same at the new sea level as it was at the old sea level. Is space the same distance from the centre of earth as it was before or does the raised sea level push the atmosphere outward? If space is the same distance from the centre of the earth doesn't the atmosphere become thicker?

The atmosphere - all of it - is 'pushed up' as you put it.
There would be a tiny drop in air pressure at sea level as the atmosphere would be wrapped around a
marginally larger sphere (current radius = 6,371 km; watery radius = 6379 km).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 07:27 PM by Drunkin Druid.)
(02-04-2015 07:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 06:46 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  This bring to mind a question. It might be a dumb question, I dunno but I gotta ask it.

The atmosphere - all of it - is 'pushed up' as you put it.
There would be a tiny drop in air pressure at sea level as the atmosphere would be wrapped around a
marginally larger sphere (current radius = 6,371 km; watery radius = 6379 km).

I sea.
That makes sense.
You're a pretty smart guy so I'll take you at your word. Besides I've given it more thought and it seems to me the atmosphere would be pushed up. "Pushed up" sounds silly. I said outward by the way... Smile But I didn't even consider the fact that the earth would be a bit larger.. Thanks
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2015 08:06 PM by Rahn127.)
Ok Call, obviously there is something going on in your brain that is preventing rational thought.

To me, you are now the equivalent of a poorly made computer program that only contains annoying responses and nothing more.

I can't educate a program because it cannot deviate from its programmed responses.

54 pages of canned replies, never able to change or learn. Your stagnant mind cannot understand change.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
02-04-2015, 07:56 PM
Call of the wild just so you know my response is in another thread sorry there was a problem.

03-04-2015, 04:26 AM
(02-04-2015 03:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 03:25 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Which debates do you watch? Is it by the so-called doctor who claims to be an expert while holding a $100 degree from a diploma mill?

Well, for starters, my introduction to Kent Hovind was watching him single handedly debate and intellectual DEMOLISH three evolutionists at the same damn time.

Wow. This does explain a lot. We ask you for evidence and you excrete Kent Hovind, the science teacher who doesn't understand basic science. Well done. I am still waiting for you to address several of the questions posed to you by Chas. He has asked you some very good pointed questions that you have completely ignored.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac