Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 06:17 AM
RE: Question about flood
(02-04-2015 06:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 04:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Since he wasn't capable of googling "what is the brain made up of" I doubt he knows how to google Dunning-Kruger effect.

And while you are "doubting" that, go ahead and doubt that whether or not knowing what the brain is made up of matters a damn when it comes to the Argument from Consciousness.

That is another thing you can doubt.

CotW's expedition to rediscover the lost art of sarcasm sinks before it leaves the harbour Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 06:28 AM
We're talking about Hovind? I have a reason to post to this thread then:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
03-04-2015, 07:46 AM
(02-04-2015 06:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  You have yet to explain your claim that there is a limit on changes to species in evolution. That is that 'micro-evolution' can't lead to 'macro-evolution'.

Describe the mechanism that prevents countless small changes from adding up to a large change. Be specific.

Chas, you know that's not how these things work.

The correct approach is to find a gap in the evidence of transition between form A and form B (we will call this a gap in knowledge), and then fill that gap with an assumption that Goddidit. I mean, who would think that asserting that something isn't true would require some sort of burden of proof, or something. Psh!

This approach is so useful and common that there should be a name for it.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-04-2015, 08:13 AM
(02-04-2015 03:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Kinda like..if you get in a fight, and a guy punches you in the face 50 times to your one punch at him...but the word on the street is you got punched 60 times...and you say "Hey, he didn't punch me 60 times, he punched me 50 times."

You would go farther than that -- you would claim that you won the fight. You remind me of the black knight in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-04-2015, 08:20 AM
At least the black knight realized that he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
03-04-2015, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2015 10:27 AM by Call_of_the_Wild.)
(03-04-2015 06:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  CotW's expedition to rediscover the lost art of sarcasm sinks before it leaves the harbour Dodgy

I wouldn't exactly call that particular quote "sarcasm"...I would just call it a "damn good rebuttal"...rebuttals doesn't necessarily have to be sarcastic, ya know Cool
03-04-2015, 10:26 AM
(03-04-2015 06:28 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  We're talking about Hovind? I have a reason to post to this thread then:

Hey, I could care less about the guys personal life...only God can judge him...all I know is, when it comes to debunking evolution and making it look STUPID, Hovind is second best to none Smile
03-04-2015, 10:29 AM
(03-04-2015 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 06:28 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  We're talking about Hovind? I have a reason to post to this thread then:

Hey, I could care less about the guys personal life...only God can judge him...all I know is, when it comes to debunking evolution and making it look STUPID, Hovind is second best to none Smile

Hovind is about as great at debunking evolution as Yamcha is a good fighter.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
03-04-2015, 10:30 AM
(03-04-2015 04:26 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Wow. This does explain a lot. We ask you for evidence and you excrete Kent Hovind, the science teacher who doesn't understand basic science. Well done. I am still waiting for you to address several of the questions posed to you by Chas. He has asked you some very good pointed questions that you have completely ignored.

Chas asked me some questions? Should I answer one, or both? hahahahahah
03-04-2015, 01:45 PM
(03-04-2015 10:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 06:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  CotW's expedition to rediscover the lost art of sarcasm sinks before it leaves the harbour Dodgy

I wouldn't exactly call that particular quote "sarcasm"...I would just call it a "damn good rebuttal"...rebuttals doesn't necessarily have to be sarcastic, ya know Cool

Izzat because you've reinserted your head into your butthole? Dodgy

Being ignorant and proud of it is a fucking *disease* man. You need meds.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post