Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 01:47 PM
RE: Question about flood
(03-04-2015 10:23 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 06:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  CotW's expedition to rediscover the lost art of sarcasm sinks before it leaves the harbour Dodgy

I wouldn't exactly call that particular quote "sarcasm"...I would just call it a "damn good rebuttal"...rebuttals doesn't necessarily have to be sarcastic, ya know Cool

You're confusing rebuttal with deflection. Try again. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
03-04-2015, 01:59 PM
For you our dense but entertaining CoTW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNAtGmQ6i3o

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
03-04-2015, 02:15 PM

Part one of a lengthy dismantlement of the tool Havind.

Hovind is the delusional idiot who tried to play up the so called "lost patrol argument" to refute greenland ice core dating...solidly refuted by actual experts...I posted that on the other flood thread...here:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid759674

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
03-04-2015, 02:28 PM
(02-04-2015 03:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, for starters, my introduction to Kent Hovind was watching him single handedly debate and intellectual DEMOLISH three evolutionists at the same damn time.

This was absolutely inspiring to a poor chap like me, and ever since then...well, here I am Laugh out load

Way to make our point for us. Thumbsup

#sigh
03-04-2015, 06:46 PM
(03-04-2015 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Hey, I could care less about the guys personal life...only God can judge him...all I know is, when it comes to debunking evolution and making it look STUPID, Hovind is second best to none Smile

Yeah, Hovind doesn't know what evolution is, which, to me, is kinda an impediment to his being able to debunk it. You also don't know what evolution is, or you insist upon basically the same type of strawman that Hovind does, and it hasn't worked out terribly well for you, either. Turns out that pretending a subject is something other than what it is, and debunking that pretend subject while constantly ignoring those who try to correct you, is not a good tactic for argumentation.

Have you read Hovind's doctoral thesis, at all? The one that starts out "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind," in the tradition of second grade book reports the world over? I have. It's some of the best comedy I've ever read; it reads like a child trying to emulate daddy's real work, but it comes from a grown adult supposedly writing at a college level. It's just... confirmation bias aside, I cannot see how anyone could read that, or look at Hovind's arguments as compared to actual scientific details of how evolution works, and take the man remotely seriously.
[+] 5 users Like Esquilax's post
03-04-2015, 06:50 PM
(03-04-2015 06:46 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  
(03-04-2015 10:26 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Hey, I could care less about the guys personal life...only God can judge him...all I know is, when it comes to debunking evolution and making it look STUPID, Hovind is second best to none Smile

Yeah, Hovind doesn't know what evolution is, which, to me, is kinda an impediment to his being able to debunk it. You also don't know what evolution is, or you insist upon basically the same type of strawman that Hovind does, and it hasn't worked out terribly well for you, either. Turns out that pretending a subject is something other than what it is, and debunking that pretend subject while constantly ignoring those who try to correct you, is not a good tactic for argumentation.

Have you read Hovind's doctoral thesis, at all? The one that starts out "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind," in the tradition of second grade book reports the world over? I have. It's some of the best comedy I've ever read; it reads like a child trying to emulate daddy's real work, but it comes from a grown adult supposedly writing at a college level. It's just... confirmation bias aside, I cannot see how anyone could read that, or look at Hovind's arguments as compared to actual scientific details of how evolution works, and take the man remotely seriously.

Having read his posts, it comes as no surprise that he thinks highly of Hovind.

Wail_of_the_Child is hopeless until he is willing to read a book on evolution. He has shown no willingness to do so.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2015, 10:53 PM
He's a troll. He's been presented with sufficient evidence to, at the very least, make him question his previously-held beliefs. The fact that he won't even do that is proof he's nothing more than a troll. He likes to get everything stirred up. Don't feed trolls.
03-04-2015, 11:03 PM
(03-04-2015 06:46 PM)Esquilax Wrote:  

Who wouldn't find the guy credible? I mean, he got his PhD from here:

[Image: PatriotUniv1.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Dusky's post
03-04-2015, 11:09 PM
(02-04-2015 03:45 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(02-04-2015 03:25 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Which debates do you watch? Is it by the so-called doctor who claims to be an expert while holding a $100 degree from a diploma mill?

Well, for starters, my introduction to Kent Hovind was watching him single handedly debate and intellectual DEMOLISH three evolutionists at the same damn time.

This was absolutely inspiring to a poor chap like me, and ever since then...well, here I am Laugh out load

I've watched that debate countless of times and I love it. Really though, it's a debate between 2 biologists and for some reason an engineer thrown in. Where exactly does Kent "demolish" them?

Can you point out a single argument Kent uses that just completely destroys the theory?

I've read over this thread a few times and it actually sparked enough interest for me to create an account.

The fundamental lack of knowledge you have on the subject is pretty laughable, and what tops it off is you think you are somehow "winning" against the evolutionists. Did you happen to read the link I posted earlier?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...2214010471

It's a great read since you claim there cannot be a link between dinosaurs and birds. The evidence is clearly laid out, and you can actually go through the sources to learn more. Fascinating stuff. Sadly though, you won't take the time to read it and will just dismiss it as propaganda, most likely. =/
[+] 3 users Like Dusky's post
04-04-2015, 06:30 AM
You are wasting your time, Dusty. Mr. Wild is either a troll with no interest in your argument or an imbecile without the sense not to eat his own poop much less understand what is wrong with the crap he is posting. Based on the evidence presented to date my money is on the latter.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post