Question about flood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: Question about flood
(12-04-2015 09:56 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 09:00 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ever read those texts on evolution you asked for?

No.

[Image: minimum-trolling.jpg]

2/10 would not troll again

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
12-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Question about flood
(12-04-2015 09:00 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Events contained within the gospels (like the burning of the temple) indicate that they could not have been written earlier that 70 CE.

The gospels were written down decades after Jesus supposedly lived.

Thumbsup

(12-04-2015 09:00 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You ever read those texts on evolution you asked for?

No.

1/10

I've seen better trolls in the 90's

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-04-2015, 11:54 AM
(12-04-2015 11:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 09:56 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Thumbsup

No.

1/10

Sure, but I reserve 1/10 for the strictly incomprehensible. The fact that he apparently understood the question, and was actually capable of answering, gets him a 2/10. Minimum credit, indeed.

... this is my signature!
12-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Question about flood
(12-04-2015 11:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 11:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  1/10

Sure, but I reserve 1/10 for the strictly incomprehensible. The fact that he apparently understood the question, and was actually capable of answering, gets him a 2/10. Minimum credit, indeed.

Don't forget 0/10

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
12-04-2015, 01:33 PM
(12-04-2015 01:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 11:54 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Sure, but I reserve 1/10 for the strictly incomprehensible. The fact that he apparently understood the question, and was actually capable of answering, gets him a 2/10. Minimum credit, indeed.

Don't forget 0/10

That's reserved for people who object to Ol' Cljr's (<- note order of letters) rating system Big Grin And people who intentionally misspell his name Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-04-2015, 05:32 PM

No.

So than you fucking admit you don't give two shits about what the truth is?

If you actually cared about what is true, instead of what you actually WANT to believe than you would had read them. You would review the science yourself and when it was explained to you in a way that you could understand what it all meant, you would abandon your beliefs.

You would do this because you cared about what is true. You assert what is true, based on what you WANT to be true based on an ancient book of fairy tales that you happen to "like" more than the actual truth.

If the bible and Genesis told you that 2+2 = 5, you would never..NEVER question that! You would just work it out in your mind until you liked it enough and than go around to math forums and make a 64 page long thread about how 2+2=5 because the bible said so and absolutely nothing more.

If I presented you with a Dog, and that dog magically transformed into a Fish and than a monkey and than morphed into sludge and then morphed into a single cell Bacteria and than magically changed into a giraff in front of your very eyes in less than 2 minutes.

YOU STILL WOULD REFUSE IT AS EVIDENCE!!!BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink

Why? Because it would had just proved the bible you love so much wrong. Since the beliefs that you like so much can never be wrong, you will just tell us that does not count as evidence and you ask for "real" evidence or MORE evidence. You would start asking for ME to turn into a monkey to prove evo-Fucking-Lution!

Anything we try to educate you with is completely fucking pointless because no matter what, you have already consciously made up in your mind that you are already going to "intentionally" deny any evidence regardless of what it is, tell us why we are wrong and why what you "WANT" to believe rather than what is actually true, is the actual truth itself.

Because you want it to be true!

....which wanting something to be true or havign a faith or beleiving in something does not make it true. Especially since you are not the only religion on the planet that has gods and a creation story written in some book.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-04-2015, 08:37 PM
(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  So than you fucking admit you don't give two shits about what the truth is?

Truth? If it is the truth, why is it so easilyyyy debunked???

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If you actually cared about what is true, instead of what you actually WANT to believe than you would had read them.

I want to believe what is true...evolution is not true, therefore, I don't want to believe it.

Ooooo, nice syllogism right there Thumbsup

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You would review the science yourself and when it was explained to you in a way that you could understand what it all meant, you would abandon your beliefs.

Huh

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You would do this because you cared about what is true. You assert what is true, based on what you WANT to be true based on an ancient book of fairy tales that you happen to "like" more than the actual truth.

Fairy tales? You believe that inanimate matter came to life and began to talk, eat, think, and have sex...and you also believe that reptiles evolved into birds, and you call my belief a fairy tale? Your belief is worse than anything Alice in Wonderland has in its narrative.

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If the bible and Genesis told you that 2+2 = 5, you would never..NEVER question that!

Yes I would.

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You would just work it out in your mind until you liked it enough and than go around to math forums and make a 64 page long thread about how 2+2=5 because the bible said so and absolutely nothing more.

No, I wouldn't.

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  If I presented you with a Dog, and that dog magically transformed into a Fish and than a monkey and than morphed into sludge and then morphed into a single cell Bacteria and than magically changed into a giraff in front of your very eyes in less than 2 minutes.

YOU STILL WOULD REFUSE IT AS EVIDENCE!!!BlinkBlinkBlinkBlinkBlink

No, I wouldn't. If all that happened, I would be an evolutionist, just like you. But since that hasn't happened yet, I will just deal with that hypothetical once it does Laugh out load

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Why? Because it would had just proved the bible you love so much wrong.

This isn't just about the Bible, bro. This is about common sense. I would not believe in naturalism even if Christianity wasn't true. I would be a deist at the very least.

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Since the beliefs that you like so much can never be wrong, you will just tell us that does not count as evidence and you ask for "real" evidence or MORE evidence.

Nonsense. Even if evolution was true (which I don't for one second believe it is), I would still believe in God, because according to the sense that is common to me, I just can't believe that life can come from nonlife, intelligence can come from nonintelligence, and consciousness can come from unconsciousness. Can't do it. Won't do it. I would still believe that there is some God out there.

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  You would start asking for ME to turn into a monkey to prove evo-Fucking-Lution!

A hundred million years ago, I could have asked nature to turn a reptile into a bird, and it did Laugh out load

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anything we try to educate you with is completely fucking pointless because no matter what, you have already consciously made up in your mind that you are already going to "intentionally" deny any evidence regardless of what it is, tell us why we are wrong and why what you "WANT" to believe rather than what is actually true, is the actual truth itself.

Because you want it to be true!

I've given my reasons why I don't buy into the bio-babble, and I've seen nothing thus far that will allow me to buy into it. Wow, isn't that the same thing you will say to me, on your atheistic side of things??

(12-04-2015 05:32 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  ....which wanting something to be true or havign a faith or beleiving in something does not make it true. Especially since you are not the only religion on the planet that has gods and a creation story written in some book.

You seem angry, bro. Just accept Jesus as Lord and Savior...you can still believe in evolution and accept Christ. But if you can honestly convince yourself that we, human beings, are here based on a blind, and mindless process with no goal or agenda...if you can convince yourself of that, then obviously, Christianity (or religion) isn't for you.

But you don't need me to tell you that, do you?
12-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Trolling for 64 pages. Its not a record, but damn close.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
12-04-2015, 08:47 PM
Question about flood
Thank you cotw for reminding me why to never try to argue with a moron.
12-04-2015, 08:54 PM
(12-04-2015 08:37 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  if you can honestly convince yourself that we, human beings, are here based on a blind, and mindless process with no goal or agenda...

Why is it so hard to grasp that a mindless process can create something? Mindless processes are occurring all the time and changing things, why can't those changes add up to create increasingly complex organisms?

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo